Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
7 hours ago, rocoblue said:

When was you status changed to “card mailed to me”? Then you had it in 3 days?

I got approved on 06/16. Had status “Card was mailed to me” on 06/30 and got the card on 07/3.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, JaQueen said:

I called 877-247-2645 and selected the option that says "I have a case that needs expedite" (a fast way to get to someone) After they asked me to verify etc and told me there were no updates I told them I wanted to talk to an officer and she was like "They're going to tell you the same thing" I was like thats fine. The officer said it could take up to 60 days but she's going to send an e-mail to that department and let them know to print the card asap. After about an hour it changed to "card mailed 

Thanks! I'm going to give them a call today and try to see if I can get the same results. *fingers crossed*

AOS from F-1 OPT STEM Process
Sent packet: Jan 28, 2020

USCIS received package: Jan 31, 2020 
USCIS credit card payment "pending": Feb 3, 2020
Notification in text/email: Feb 6, 2020 @ 12.30am
NOA 1 mail (I-130, I-485, I-765): Feb 10, 2020
NOA 1 mail (I-131 - sent to physical, not mailing address): Feb 24, 2020
Biometric appointment in mail: Feb 17, 2020

Biometric appointment: Feb 24, 2020 @ Austin, TX

Case updated to show fingerprint (I-485, I-765 - I-130 stayed at case received): Feb 25, 2020

Case updated to show fingerprint (I-131): Mar 5, 2020

Case updated to "Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485 only): Mar 20, 2020

Case updated to "Case Was Approved" (I-131 & I-765): June 24, 2020

NOA for I-131 & I-765 mail: June 30, 2020

Case update to "Card Was Mailed To Me" (I-765): July 15, 2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My status changed from "New Card Being Produced "

to

"Case Approved"

I also receieved an email that said they sent out the card and if I don't receive it by July 22nd I should call USCIS. Those of you who haven't heard back since the EAD approval, did you get an email notice with a date? If not have you updated your notifications on uscis.gov to give you email & text alerts?

Also my I-131 was approved today.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 hours ago, cammi9988 said:

Are you sure this is the correct number? It doesn’t work for me.

Actually that number didn't work for me either. I just called the main USCIS number and pushed through to talk to a tier 2 officer (the hold time was long so I had them call me back). When I talked to the officer, they said that it can take up to 60 days for the card to be produced etc. So I asked if they could send some sort of message/email to the department that produces the card just because I have a job offer with a start date in 2 weeks. They did as I asked but also told me that it could take up to 30 days for someone to even open the message.. 🤦‍♀️ And my case is too close to actually being 'done' for an expedite request to be put in for the card's production - any request now could potentially slow down the entire process.

So now all I can do it wait. There's been no changes since the phone call yesterday morning. I hope you call goes better than mine.

AOS from F-1 OPT STEM Process
Sent packet: Jan 28, 2020

USCIS received package: Jan 31, 2020 
USCIS credit card payment "pending": Feb 3, 2020
Notification in text/email: Feb 6, 2020 @ 12.30am
NOA 1 mail (I-130, I-485, I-765): Feb 10, 2020
NOA 1 mail (I-131 - sent to physical, not mailing address): Feb 24, 2020
Biometric appointment in mail: Feb 17, 2020

Biometric appointment: Feb 24, 2020 @ Austin, TX

Case updated to show fingerprint (I-485, I-765 - I-130 stayed at case received): Feb 25, 2020

Case updated to show fingerprint (I-131): Mar 5, 2020

Case updated to "Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485 only): Mar 20, 2020

Case updated to "Case Was Approved" (I-131 & I-765): June 24, 2020

NOA for I-131 & I-765 mail: June 30, 2020

Case update to "Card Was Mailed To Me" (I-765): July 15, 2020

4 minutes ago, vaue said:

Actually that number didn't work for me either. I just called the main USCIS number and pushed through to talk to a tier 2 officer (the hold time was long so I had them call me back). When I talked to the officer, they said that it can take up to 60 days for the card to be produced etc. So I asked if they could send some sort of message/email to the department that produces the card just because I have a job offer with a start date in 2 weeks. They did as I asked but also told me that it could take up to 30 days for someone to even open the message.. 🤦‍♀️ And my case is too close to actually being 'done' for an expedite request to be put in for the card's production - any request now could potentially slow down the entire process.

So now all I can do it wait. There's been no changes since the phone call yesterday morning. I hope you call goes better than mine.

Thank you for the update, when was your case got approved?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 5:08 AM, Karosuko said:

I got approved on 06/16. Had status “Card was mailed to me” on 06/30 and got the card on 07/3.

Thanks for clarifying this. I guess I'm seeing that from the case statuses of "new card being produced" --> to approved there is still an additional wait time to have a change of status to "Card was mailed" before finally receiving it. Thanks again hopefully the wait time won't be too much longer...

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Is anyone who filed for AOS in January getting an interview ??

I have  been reviewing the timelines of a lot of December, January, February AOS filers.   It appears to me that everyone is getting to the same point of receiving their EAD's and AP but I don't see anyone getting an interview or their green card (except folks adjusting from K-1 who had interview overseas and their US interview can be waived).    With the news of a big layoff soon hitting USCIS are we going to all be in limbo for a long time or is the i-485 interview log-jam clearing and it's not apparent in the timelines yet??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, vaue said:

Same thing happened with me. Appeared to be a useless call. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Joe Minero said:

I have  been reviewing the timelines of a lot of December, January, February AOS filers.   It appears to me that everyone is getting to the same point of receiving their EAD's and AP but I don't see anyone getting an interview or their green card (except folks adjusting from K-1 who had interview overseas and their US interview can be waived).    With the news of a big layoff soon hitting USCIS are we going to all be in limbo for a long time or is the i-485 interview log-jam clearing and it's not apparent in the timelines yet??

My wife has her interview scheduled for Aug 13th.  Fortunately our local office doesn't seem the have the volume/lead times that others do.

Edited by Unoriginal
Typo....

18 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

My wife has her interview scheduled for Aug 13th.  Fortunately our local office doesn't seem the have the volume/lead times that others do.

Is your local office in TX or NV?

ROC Timeline:

2023-02-20: Mailed package to Phoenix Lockbox with UPS Ground

2023-02-27: Package was delivered

2023-03-02: Received text that case was received with SRC case #

2023-03-03: Money order was cashed

2023-03-09: Received 48 months extension letter in mail

2023-05-20: Greencard expired

2024-01-03: Still waiting for update on biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 12:50 PM, Joe Minero said:

I read somewhere here that they are prioritizing Naturalization N-600 application interviews at the moment with everyone else having to wait. I also read about few on this site who have gotten their interview waived and got their Green Card without one. This could happen to us as well. I think it will all depends on how the Covid 19 situation plays out as well as the election results comes this November. Best of luck to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.