DELETEME1234

February 2020 AOS Filers (mod edit to title)

498 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

still nothing from USCIS yet... it shows delivered on 3rd Feb...

sent via Fedex.. is there anything i could do?

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Timeline
14 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

still nothing from USCIS yet... it shows delivered on 3rd Feb...

sent via Fedex.. is there anything i could do?

Got mine in text right after i posted this 😅

OMG what a long 22 days wait 

Want to know more about apply for K1 VISA / Green card in TAIWAN? come visit my blog https://summerprincess.pixnet.net/blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Filed february 18 , delivered February 24. Now the waiting game begins, again.  Lol

~My ❤️ is in Ireland~
NOA1 06/14/2019

Timeline

Hello guys! I sent my application on February 22nd thru USPS Priority Mail with signature, they just received it today and it was signed by a certain D Randall. I have a question for you guys, I’m freaking out about this, my application consists of 5 envelopes: I-485, I-765, I-864 (spouse), I-864 (joint sponsor), and I-130 with I-130A and proof of relationship in the last one. My issue is that I included my Cashier’s Check for $1,760 in the I-485 folder, where the cover letter is as well. Do you think they might have trouble finding it? Should I send an email to somebody letting them know the check is the first thing inside the I-485 folder? Another thing is that on the cover letters I put the address where USCIS receives applications from private couriers like DHL UPS.. instead of the lockbox address. Do you think that might me an issue or it doesn’t matter as they already accepted it at the lockbox address? Thanks to everyone who can give some advice on this :)

Edited by Manuel94

12 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

Hello guys! I sent my application on February 22nd thru USPS Priority Mail with signature, they just received it today and it was signed by a certain D Randall. I have a question for you guys, I’m freaking out about this, my application consists of 5 envelopes: I-485, I-765, I-864 (spouse), I-864 (joint sponsor), and I-130 with I-130A and proof of relationship in the last one. My issue is that I included my Cashier’s Check for $1,760 in the I-485 folder, where the cover letter is as well. Do you think they might have trouble finding it? Should I send an email to somebody letting them know the check is the first thing inside the I-485 folder? Another thing is that on the cover letters I put the address where USCIS receives applications from private couriers like DHL UPS.. instead of the lockbox address. Do you think that might me an issue or it doesn’t matter as they already accepted it at the lockbox address? Thanks to everyone who can give some advice on this :)

I wouldn’t stress about it if I were you. I think you’ll get a confirmation in about a week (assuming you’ve filed G-1145 with it), but some people had to wait up till a month to hear anything about it. 

Meanwhile try to find a distraction. 

Edited by Poseidon1212

5 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

Got my request to process my EAD expeditiously approved today. At this rate I might set a record if I can get the underlying EAD approved within the month :P.

Congratulations 

how does it work ?

i have a job offer letter 

what do I do ?

would you send me example of letter ( does the company adress the letter to Uscis directly or just the regular letter )?

copy of cover letter ?

how to request it ?

my email is cdiawara19@yahoo.com 

thank you 

12 minutes ago, Matisco diakite said:

Congratulations 

how does it work ?

i have a job offer letter 

what do I do ?

would you send me example of letter ( does the company adress the letter to Uscis directly or just the regular letter )?

copy of cover letter ?

how to request it ?

I would remove your email if I were you, for privacy reasons. 

Anyways, the process is rather simple. Call USCIS and request an expedite on the phone. Navigating the menu can sometimes be tricky to get a hold of someone but I think I choose options 2, 1, 4, 4 if I recall (LPR services and then an option about employment). 

They’ll guide you from there. You’ll end up with an email with instructions to fax some documents and you send your job offer letter to the fax number according to instructions. That’s all there is to it. 

You might find more info in this topic:

Good luck!

Edited by Poseidon1212

37 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

I wouldn’t stress about it if I were you. I think you’ll get a confirmation in about a week (assuming you’ve filed G-1145 with it), but some people had to wait up till a month to hear anything about it. 

Meanwhile try to find a distraction. 

If you I-130 goes to a different person and i-485 goes to a different person than there is a problem as they are different petitions for the same person . All you can do is wait now 

duh

1 hour ago, Donald120383 said:

If you I-130 goes to a different person and i-485 goes to a different person than there is a problem as they are different petitions for the same person . All you can do is wait now 

The way I read it was that they put their separate forms in separate envelopes, all within one bigger envelope. That isn't different than what I did, which was putting them all in their own labeled folder.  

I see no reason why the people of the department of treasury would decide to split it into separate shipments. And even if, for some reason, it would be processed separately, then the adjudicator can see exactly where the other half is and who has it and retrieve it. That's also what happens when you don't file it concurrently but separate with the NOA1 from the I-130. 

In short: worst case scenario it'll delay the adjudication a bit. 

Timeline

image.thumb.png.64e6656ee439201c992886c3ec0124c3.pngDid not know about this at all

A friend of mine sent out application recently and has not heard from USCIS yet. 

she sent out prior to 24th Feb, and arrived the lockbox according to USPS. But when she called and ask about her application, USCIS replied "not received" up until today.

would her case be rejected ? or since she mailed it before 2/24, the office would honor the date on the envelop ??????

5 minutes ago, W.Rominger said:

image.thumb.png.64e6656ee439201c992886c3ec0124c3.pngDid not know about this at all

A friend of mine sent out application recently and has not heard from USCIS yet. 

she sent out prior to 24th Feb, and arrived the lockbox according to USPS. But when she called and ask about her application, USCIS replied "not received" up until today.

would her case be rejected ? or since she mailed it before 2/24, the office would honor the date on the envelop ??????

She should be fine as long as it was sent to them before the 24. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.