Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

I will most definitely update.

Please go with another form of identification, like National ID, school ID etc.

Then ensure you go along with your SSCE, and highest qualification. If you have a job, a letter from your employer, stating your role and title at work.

Most people that were denied, had conflicting stories on how they met, Where they met and when the relationship actually blossom.

For all the windows 18(😎), 19( cool guy, but too much AP), 20 (😠), they all checked documents.

If you did a customary wedding with an ex, get the dissolved letter. Late siblings, or kids, get the death cert.

Good luck.

Thank you,  I wish you the best 

41 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

I will most definitely update.

Please go with another form of identification, like National ID, school ID etc.

Then ensure you go along with your SSCE, and highest qualification. If you have a job, a letter from your employer, stating your role and title at work.

Most people that were denied, had conflicting stories on how they met, Where they met and when the relationship actually blossom.

If you did a customary wedding with an ex, get the dissolved letter. Late siblings, or kids, get the death cert.

Good luck.

Lol...18 was🥵...hubby was wiping his brow after that one!!!!!

But you are correct, bring EVERYTHING.  Public charge is the new hurdle....look at the form, fill it out.  He did not ask for ours but we got bank statements because my husband is self-employed as well as reference letter from his bank.  I also had copies of my insurance card showing that I have insurance in the US.

12 hours ago, geowrian said:

Every visa application is either issued or refused. It sounds like they were refused with a 221(g) pending additional documentation. Nothing unusual there. It's technically a refusal (as it has to be if documents are missing), but one that can be overcome by providing the documents.

Edit: Although I will note that it is NOT an RFE. USCIS issues RFEs. The consulate refuses the visa under 221(g).

Ok, thanks for the correction. and information.  Do you have an idea of the timeframe for review and if a second interview is required?  

3 minutes ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

Ok, thanks for the correction. and information.  Do you have an idea of the timeframe for review and if a second interview is required? 

I do not know the typical review time for Nigeria, sorry.

A second interview is only required if they request it (i.e. if they have more questions to ask). In most cases, a second interview does not occur.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

Lol...18 was🥵...hubby was wiping his brow after that one!!!!!

But you are correct, bring EVERYTHING.  Public charge is the new hurdle....look at the form, fill it out.  He did not ask for ours but we got bank statements because my husband is self-employed as well as reference letter from his bank.  I also had copies of my insurance card showing that I have insurance in the US.

How do you got insurance in USA while you are in Nigeria 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

Another success story guys.. He went into administrative processing and picked up his visa yesterday.. This is hope 

C6A1BCCC-0E31-4748-982A-5E9152CA096E.png

💃💃💃💃💃

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline

I had mine available, although they didnt take money, but I saw people being asked to get their attestation of birth and submit it at DHL with their passport. 

Anything to put you in AP, kindly avoid it.

1 hour ago, Justxxxx said:

How do you got insurance in USA while you are in Nigeria 

Most insurance policies will allow the person in the US to add a family member (spouse or children) if there is a life qualifying event, such as marriage or birth of a child.  You cannot be added until the person has a US social security number or TIN#.  The TIN# can be obtained without the spouse being in the US, it just takes time to obtain. I didn't go this route, because you have 30 days to add the person  to your insurance after they arrive in the US.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayer-identification-numbers-tin

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

I had mine available, although they didnt take money, but I saw people being asked to get their attestation of birth and submit it at DHL with their passport. 

Mine*

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

Most insurance policies will allow the person in the US to add a family member (spouse or children) if there is a life qualifying event, such as marriage or birth of a child.  You cannot be added until the person has a US social security number or TIN#.  The TIN# can be obtained without the spouse being in the US, it just takes time to obtain. I didn't go this route, because you have 30 days to add the person  to your insurance after they arrive in the US. Which route did you follow 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayer-identification-numbers-tin

Which route did you follow? I am thinking if my wife will get me insurance over there

Edited by Justxxxx

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

They really are looking for petty things.. but it shall be well.. let’s keep praying 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Angel4love said:

Hello, 

Go ahead with your USA application. You can do the Express entry by the side. The Ban does not stop them from issuing visa. Trump is looking for educated, highly skilled and financial healthy immigrants to come to the state.

Ensure your relationship Is genuine, she should be confident and truthfully answer all questions asked with back up evidence.

Make sure she includes all her qualification and anything that makes her financially strong while submitting documents.

I witnessed alot of people being out rightly denied, for not submitting the right set of documents and those with conflicting information.

Best of luck!

So basically, Visas are still been issued despite the ban yeah?

1 hour ago, Justxxxx said:

Which route did you follow? I am thinking if my wife will get me insurance over there

I did not do TIN#.  I photocopied my insurance card front and back to show that I could provide insurance for my husband in the US through private insurance.  They just want to know that if you come to US that you will not use Medicaid.  If you show them that she has private insurance, you demonstrate that you are less likely to use public assistance.  

There is a place on the ds-5540 form that ask for the information as well.  

Edited by Sebaslyn125

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.