Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Largeman P said:

My interview was actually Last November and I was asked to submit my child's original birth certificate with both parents names on it.... after I got it processed in the US...I sent it to them and they reviewed and concluded....

The questions were simple....I explained how I met her and how relationship blossomed but the VO wasn't satisfied...we asked for a review of my interview from the NVC because our relationship is genuine with a four months baby boy been taken care of by my fiancee. They reviewed and asked for the child's birth certificate and the rest is history..

Beautiful congratulations once again

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sage77 said:

Be like some aproko dey this group wey go raise alarm for that way if them see any good news for hia.

Biko code levels

We need to be our brothers keepers oo. Biko tell us how ur interview went. Cos I'm waiting for mine. 

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

My husband had his interview in Lagos this morning...and we almost had it except one RFE we did not have (Death Certificate for his son who passed in 2018).  We have to send it to CGI and will do so on tomorrow.

His interview was kind of tough.  The CO was the white gentleman.  The CO grilled and drilled him on our relationship...why did he propose after only knowing me 5 months (I think that's pretty good time...you either know the person or not and it's not my first rodeo).  The CO was also confused on where I lived.  He asked if I was from Pennsylvania and my husband corrected him and told him I was from Petersburg, VA. The CO became irritated and asked my husband if he was calling him a liar...lol...wait What????  My husband stayed calm and replied no, but she lives in Petersburg, VA.    Then he started with the relationship grilling...my husband showed him about 50 pictures (we were ready for that)...us in China, in Nigeria, Dubai, the US, and the village.  I believe the pics were the only reason he did not request more evidence of relationship such as chat logs.  (but I had them too!!!!).

He asked him many questions....back to back.  My husband said he barely had time to answer

Who is petitioning?

How did you meet?

When did you propose?

Does she have kids? Names?

What does she do for a living?

Has she been married?

Have you been married? (he didn't like that my husband dated me before he was divorced... a little judgy)

Why were you in US?

How many days did you stay in the US?

What type of business do you do?

Has she met your family?

When was the last time you saw your wife?

How many kids do you have?  When my husband said 1, he pointed out in his B1/B2 that my husband had 2 . my husband explained that his son died after the issuance of that Visa.

That's when he requested the death certificate for his son.  My husband did say a lot were denied for Public Charge.  The CO didn't ask for our DS-5540 even though we had it filled out.

Be prepared for anything and any question.....I am sure that he will have a second interview because the box was not checked to submit the passport with the RFE.  It's a new day!!!!

It was a tough day. I think I saw your hubby. 

Guys, I'll update soonest, full details, what to mitigate and expect. Its soooooo tough right now. I almost wept when people were out rightly denied, RFE and asked to  submit extra documents.

Above all, God reigns.

Regards,

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

It was a tough day. I think I saw your hubby. 

Guys, I'll update soonest, full details, what to mitigate and expect. Its soooooo tough right now. I almost wept when people were out rightly denied, RFE and asked to  submit extra documents.

Above all, God reigns.

Regards,

Outrightly denied! My goodness. We will be waiting for updates.

39 minutes ago, Alphamalekings said:

Outrightly denied! My goodness. We will be waiting for updates.

Every visa application is either issued or refused. It sounds like they were refused with a 221(g) pending additional documentation. Nothing unusual there. It's technically a refusal (as it has to be if documents are missing), but one that can be overcome by providing the documents.

Edit: Although I will note that it is NOT an RFE. USCIS issues RFEs. The consulate refuses the visa under 221(g).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
5 hours ago, geowrian said:

Every visa application is either issued or refused. It sounds like they were refused with a 221(g) pending additional documentation. Nothing unusual there. It's technically a refusal (as it has to be if documents are missing), but one that can be overcome by providing the documents.

Edit: Although I will note that it is NOT an RFE. USCIS issues RFEs. The consulate refuses the visa under 221(g).

ello. I don’t know if  this is the right forum, but I do need advice. I am married to a USC. From calculations my petition will be approved in Sept and interview before December. Right now there is a ban on the Immigrant Visajn my country Nigeria, from the look of things the Nigerian Government is distracted and has channeled resources to tackle this Coronavirus, thus making us uncertain as to when they will satisfy the US criteria in uplifting the Ban. Now, with an on- going petition yet to be approved and been an Optometrist . I am thinking applying for “express  entry Canada”- a route that leads one to becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada(takes about 18months) or better still applying for an Msc in a Canadian Uni. If I can get myself to Canada,It just takes my wife 2hours from her state in the US to meet me in Canada.As it is I am not getting any younger the Older I become ,the  lesser my points for the express entry Canada.My questions are
1. Is it safe to venture in the Express entry route to Canada? Or just go for schooling for my  masters degree or just wait til this ban is lifted(I don’t know when it will be lifted)
2. When it gets to the time of my US interview . Will the Vo’s find out I applied to Canada. If asked if I applied for any other countries Visa is it okay to come out plain or hide such info?I just need advice pls

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alphamalekings said:

ello. I don’t know if  this is the right forum, but I do need advice. I am married to a USC. From calculations my petition will be approved in Sept and interview before December. Right now there is a ban on the Immigrant Visajn my country Nigeria, from the look of things the Nigerian Government is distracted and has channeled resources to tackle this Coronavirus, thus making us uncertain as to when they will satisfy the US criteria in uplifting the Ban. Now, with an on- going petition yet to be approved and been an Optometrist . I am thinking applying for “express  entry Canada”- a route that leads one to becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada(takes about 18months) or better still applying for an Msc in a Canadian Uni. If I can get myself to Canada,It just takes my wife 2hours from her state in the US to meet me in Canada.As it is I am not getting any younger the Older I become ,the  lesser my points for the express entry Canada.My questions are
1. Is it safe to venture in the Express entry route to Canada? Or just go for schooling for my  masters degree or just wait til this ban is lifted(I don’t know when it will be lifted)
2. When it gets to the time of my US interview . Will the Vo’s find out I applied to Canada. If asked if I applied for any other countries Visa is it okay to come out plain or hide such info?I just need advice pls

Its right forum for you bro! WE HAVE SAME CASE ISSUE but I'm not planning to go no Canada, Ban will lift soon I have faith

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alphamalekings said:

Moving to Canada should have no issue on your case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 hours ago, Alphamalekings said:

1) This would be a question for the Canada regional forum as it involves immigration processes with Canada. That said, I see no issue with immigrating to Canada as long as you otherwise qualify, as they have no ban on Nigeria AFAIK. You can certainly reside anywhere outside the US while waiting for the US immigration process to complete.

2) First, never hide or misrepresent yourself to US immigration. that is a very serious offense that includes a permanent ban (there is a waiver possible) and/or removal o any benefits obtained via that misrepresentation.

Second, your travel history with Canada would not be an issue at all for the US.

Third, the US does share information about visa applications with Canada, and vice-versa. So they would likely already know about it so there is no point to even try to hide it. But an issued or refused Canadian visa would not be an issue for US immigration.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alphamalekings said:

Hello, 

Go ahead with your USA application. You can do the Express entry by the side. The Ban does not stop them from issuing visa. Trump is looking for educated, highly skilled and financial healthy immigrants to come to the state.

Ensure your relationship Is genuine, she should be confident and truthfully answer all questions asked with back up evidence.

Make sure she includes all her qualification and anything that makes her financially strong while submitting documents.

I witnessed alot of people being out rightly denied, for not submitting the right set of documents and those with conflicting information.

Best of luck!

Timeline
9 hours ago, geowrian said:

At this stage, no applicant will be issued an immigrant visa or approved on the spot.

Additional documentation, is for applicant they want to scrutinise and place on administrative processing.

Those whose passports where collect and given the pamphlet and the white sheet stating, a waiver is being considered, are the once approved on the spot but with a waiver in place.

Technically, they will need to wait for atleast 2 weeks to be issued the visa.

People should ensure, they have all the necessary documents available and answer questions confidently and truthfully.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Angel4love said:

Hello, 

Go ahead with your USA application. You can do the Express entry by the side. The Ban does not stop them from issuing visa. Trump is looking for educated, highly skilled and financial healthy immigrants to come to the state.

Ensure your relationship Is genuine, she should be confident and truthfully answer all questions asked with back up evidence.

Make sure she includes all her qualification and anything that makes her financially strong while submitting documents.

I witnessed alot of people being out rightly denied, for not submitting the right set of documents and those with conflicting information.

Best of luck!

Hi,  please do you mind sharing your embassy experience with us?  What extra documents (aside the normal ones)  do we need to bring along? 

Edited by Treasure1

Timeline
1 hour ago, Treasure1 said:

Hi,  please do you mind sharing your embassy experience with us?  What extra documents (aside the normal ones)  do we need to bring along? 

I will most definitely update.

Please go with another form of identification, like National ID, school ID etc.

Then ensure you go along with your SSCE, and highest qualification. If you have a job, a letter from your employer, stating your role and title at work.

Most people that were denied, had conflicting stories on how they met, Where they met and when the relationship actually blossom.

If you did a customary wedding with an ex, get the dissolved letter. Late siblings, or kids, get the death cert.

Good luck.

Edited by Angel4love

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

I will most definitely update.

Please go with another form of identification, like National ID, school ID etc.

Then ensure you go along with your SSCE, and highest qualification. If you have a job, a letter from your employer, stating your role and title at work.

Most people that were denied, had conflicting stories on how they met, Where they met and when the relationship actually blossom.

For all the windows 18(😎), 19( cool guy, but too much AP), 20 (😠), they all checked documents.

If you did a customary wedding with an ex, get the dissolved letter. Late siblings, or kids, get the death cert.

Good luck.

Thanks for sharing.. so am guessing they took ur passport and will have u wait in AP? I guess that’s how they are doing it now? Do they ask for attestation of age?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.