Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

YAYYYYYY!!!!! Praise God....We are so happy for you!!!!  I am doing a praise dance for you...lol)  Please ask your husband the questions that the asked him......we interview tomorrow morning!!!

Her name is yellowtullip, check the April 2020 thread, so you can ask her directly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

I have been to the embassy three times with my husband making inquiries. since the implementation of the ban.  We have seen the letters that are issued stating that the applicants are eligible for waivers.   The letter has 2 boxes that can be checked...one says that you are ineligible and the other box says that you are eligible for the waiver...The letter we saw were given the waivers.  The CO determines your eligibility at the time of the interview.

The ban is on immigrant visas, however you are eligible for the waiver if you have close family ties to the petitioner in the US (spouse, parent, or child).  

Yes.  I know......and now, it appears we have some visas starting to be issued.....It is promising. 

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

11 minutes ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

I have been to the embassy three times with my husband making inquiries. since the implementation of the ban.  We have seen the letters that are issued stating that the applicants are eligible for waivers.   The letter has 2 boxes that can be checked...one says that you are ineligible and the other box says that you are eligible for the waiver...The letter we saw were given the waivers.  The CO determines your eligibility at the time of the interview.

The ban is on immigrant visas, however you are eligible for the waiver if you have close family ties to the petitioner in the US (spouse, parent, or child).  

Eligibility for a waiver and getting one are 2 very different things. The CO can determine if you are eligible for one at the interview. Then it goes through a process before they determine if one will be given or not.

That's just the waiver process (not just this waiver).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/presidential-proclamation-archive/presidential-proclamation9645.html?wcmmode=disabled

Check the statistical reports for waiver information.

For instance, Somalia had 2688 IV cases that were considered for a waiver in December-January 2020. Of those, 1393 IVs were issued.

The rates for Yemen were closer to 90%

The rates for, for example, Nigeria won't be known until at least April (the February report likely won't have meaningful data yet).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

Eligibility for a waiver and getting one are 2 very different things. The CO can determine if you are eligible for one at the interview. Then it goes through a process before they determine if one will be given or not.

That's just the waiver process (not just this waiver).

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/presidential-proclamation-archive/presidential-proclamation9645.html?wcmmode=disabled

Check the statistical reports for waiver information.

For instance, Somalia had 2688 IV cases that were considered for a waiver in December-January 2020. Of those, 1393 UV visas were issued.

The rates for Yemen were closer to 90%

The rates for, for example, Nigeria won't be known until at least April (the February report likely won't have meaningful data yet).

Definitely....The undue hardship qualifications need to be met as well as no risk to national security....blah blah blah....it is all in the proclamation and every Embassy handles things differently.  We are seeing the increase in issuances from September 2019 to present.  

Anwyays.....Yellowtullips was issued today (after the ban) and that is enough to give God praise for!!!!

Hi guys, I was interviewed for my K-1 visa in Feb 19 Here in Lagos and I got the approval. My case has not been updated on the Caec website which a lot of people say is the most reliable, it still says I’m ready to be interviewed.

However, on my visa dash board, it’s initially said “passport is still with consulate” but as of today it say “ Document Delivery Information”

When I track by email, it initially said “ passport is still with post” now it says “ there is no status update for passport number” 

all these is beyond my comprehension and it’s driving me nuts. What should I do? Someone please advise!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, King millie said:

Hi guys, I was interviewed for my K-1 visa in Feb 19 Here in Lagos and I got the approval. My case has not been updated on the Caec website which a lot of people say is the most reliable, it still says I’m ready to be interviewed.

However, on my visa dash board, it’s initially said “passport is still with consulate” but as of today it say “ Document Delivery Information”

When I track by email, it initially said “ passport is still with post” now it says “ there is no status update for passport number” 

all these is beyond my comprehension and it’s driving me nuts. What should I do? Someone please advise!

When the CEAC status changes to "Issued", you will know the visa was approved......I wouldn't do anything until I had the visa in hand.  Good Luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Greetings everyone....

My experience is that I had my interview in November 25th and was called for a review/follow up interview on the 27th but they needed my child's original birth certificate which I didn't have at that time. My fiancee sent it though was delayed till January which I submitted to them....they sent me an email on the 18th of February saying my review has been completed. I also got an email that I should drop off my passport which I did on the 19th Feb. It's almost 10days now.My status changed to case received on Friday and later administrative processing this morning...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on..?

Edited by Largeman P
Needed to be precise with dates

Timeline
1 minute ago, King millie said:

Are you saying all this is normal or there might be a problem? I really don’t know what to think

I don't see a problem from your post.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Largeman P said:

Greetings everyone....

My experience is that I had my interview in November 25th and was called for a review/follow up interview on the 27th but they needed my child's original birth certificate which I didn't have at that time. My fiancee sent it though was delayed till January which I submitted to them....they sent me an email saying my review has been completed. I also got an email that I should drop off my passport which I did on the same 19th. It's almost 10days now.My status changed to case received on Friday and later administrative processing this morning...

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on..?

Sounds like normal administrative processing to me....good luck...

6 minutes ago, missileman said:

I don't see a problem from your post.  

By tomorrow or Wednesday it will be 10days....does it mean I will be issued the visa and will not be affected? They asked me to send a confirmation email to confirm that if visa is issued that I will be able to travel before my medical expires on March 27th...what do you think?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Largeman P said:

By tomorrow or Wednesday it will be 10days....does it mean I will be issued the visa and will not be affected? They asked me to send a confirmation email to confirm that if visa is issued that I will be able to travel before my medical expires on March 27th...what do you think?

It sounds very promising to me.....good luck.

32 minutes ago, Largeman P said:

I think your visa is about to be issued hence the final confirmation from you about your ability to travel just before your medicals expire. If you state that you do not plan to travel by Mar 27th, they will then require you take another medical exam before the visa is issued. I think you are in the clear. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.