Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, ConcernedaboutBan said:

He was petitioned by family, but was over 21 years old at the time 

Have you seen the letter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Have you seen the letter?

Not directly, but he said it was similar to the verbiage of the Executive Order and the letter said it was “due to increased security concerns.” Maybe there are other factors that I’m unaware of, but based on everything I’ve researched I’m really confused. I’ve been unable to find anything directly from a government source that says current immigrant visa holders are okay, although I’ve seen that in news articles. Just hoping to see if anyone else in the US is experiencing something similar and may know a solution 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

I saw the issuance
But OP mentioned that interview was before the ban so that should not have been affected.
My question was anything after the ban. Thank you tho

I could be wrong, but I disagree.  The ban impacts the issuance of visas, not the approval of visas.  The "approval" you get after an interview doesn't really mean anything, it's all about when the visa is put into your passport.

I've been following this closely and every sign points to K-1's not being impacted, the fact that somebody got a K-1 visa issued this week from Nigeria confirms it in my mind.  I hope that continues to be true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, J+J said:

I could be wrong, but I disagree.  The ban impacts the issuance of visas, not the approval of visas.  The "approval" you get after an interview doesn't really mean anything, it's all about when the visa is put into your passport.

I've been following this closely and every sign points to K-1's not being impacted, the fact that somebody got a K-1 visa issued this week from Nigeria confirms it in my mind.  I hope that continues to be true.

I concur that issuance is the key
But to me, I can't use that as my test case since the case was in the system prior to the ban- tho what you said might be correct as well.

I more want to see someone go to interview after ban, get approved AND issued. That will confirm the K-1 situation.
We hope for the best

Tho I believe someone already brought up this issue
if one comes to the U.S. on a K-1 visa, would they still be eligible for AOS? Or would they be disqualified... so many questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ConcernedaboutBan said:

Not directly, but he said it was similar to the verbiage of the Executive Order and the letter said it was “due to increased security concerns.” Maybe there are other factors that I’m unaware of, but based on everything I’ve researched I’m really confused. I’ve been unable to find anything directly from a government source that says current immigrant visa holders are okay, although I’ve seen that in news articles. Just hoping to see if anyone else in the US is experiencing something similar and may know a solution 

Nobody is going to issue a statement about something that is not possible, now all sort of other things are possible but not this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Justxxxx said:

Any body that have interview today?

If u specifically want Nigeria, then go here: https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Nigeria&cty=Lagos
To the right shows you all recent/upcoming interviews

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

@Angel4love My attorney pointed me to this site for help with preparing waiver packet: https://www.aila.org/infonet/applying-for-a-waiver-pursuant-to-presidential.  There is downloadable pdf...this will help you front load.  They may not collect it, but better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.  Another thing they are asking for is NIN# and one person they requested Secondary School Certificate (they put those individuals on AP until they could get the information).  They are asking for chat logs too. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

I concur that issuance is the key
But to me, I can't use that as my test case since the case was in the system prior to the ban- tho what you said might be correct as well.

I more want to see someone go to interview after ban, get approved AND issued. That will confirm the K-1 situation.
We hope for the best

Tho I believe someone already brought up this issue
if one comes to the U.S. on a K-1 visa, would they still be eligible for AOS? Or would they be disqualified... so many questions.

Just to share what someone said today. I do not believe K1s are impacted either.

20200227_154841.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sebaslyn125 said:

@Angel4love My attorney pointed me to this site for help with preparing waiver packet: https://www.aila.org/infonet/applying-for-a-waiver-pursuant-to-presidential.  There is downloadable pdf...this will help you front load.  They may not collect it, but better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.  Another thing they are asking for is NIN# and one person they requested Secondary School Certificate (they put those individuals on AP until they could get the information).  They are asking for chat logs too. 

Which one is waec result again? What is happening 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Olu111 said:

I was talking to my sister today about my daughter's interview and she actually mentioned that some people were in front of her were asked for WAEC results which agrees with this information.

No whahala, if it is WAEC result they want, we will provide it. 

The most important thing is they should issue visas to us, the process is being a long time coming.

I pray for grace that breaks protocols over everyone of us. 🙏

Mr Olu, what is your daughter's status saying, AP? Or what? 

2 minutes ago, Arewa said:

No whahala, if it is WAEC result they want, we will provide it. 

The most important thing is they should issue visas to us, the process is being a long time coming.

I pray for grace that breaks protocols over everyone of us. 🙏

Mr Olu, what is your daughter's status saying, AP? Or what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.