Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, FutureMrsDonald said:

Well my fiance is from Nigeria and his K1 visa was ISSUED today!!! So either A) the ban does indeed NOT affect K1 visas or B) he is an exception because his interview took place before the ban (Feb 11)

Congratulations baby 💃

Timeline
1 hour ago, FutureMrsDonald said:

Well my fiance is from Nigeria and his K1 visa was ISSUED today!!! So either A) the ban does indeed NOT affect K1 visas or B) he is an exception because his interview took place before the ban (Feb 11)

My issue with the K-1 not being affected is so when they come to the states on a K-1 and marry the US citizen, is it not the intent to immigrate? What will happen, they will send them back to their country or what. That makes no sense. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Walexnika said:

What this article tells me is that K-1 visas are okay even though the intent is the same, and who knows when the ban will be lifted against Nigeria. Guess we all should have filed a K-1. So not fair to allow a fiancee to come to the states and marry, with every intent to immigrate and not allow spouses to come and be with their loved ones. Kind of a double standard if you ask me.  Best of luck to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, FutureMrsDonald said:

Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback. It was issued after the ban so I believe the k1 is not affected. If he was affected by the ban he won’t be issued the visa after the 21st of February. A lady here who’s husband had his interview on the 20th was approved and the visa was issued on the 21st that says a lot already, they couldn’t issue the visa later than that hence the rush.  

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

My issue with the K-1 not being affected is so when they come to the states on a K-1 and marry the US citizen, is it not the intent to immigrate? What will happen, they will send them back to their country or what. That makes no sense. 

12 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

What this article tells me is that K-1 visas are okay even though the intent is the same, and who knows when the ban will be lifted against Nigeria. Guess we all should have filed a K-1. So not fair to allow a fiancee to come to the states and marry, with every intent to immigrate and not allow spouses to come and be with their loved ones. Kind of a double standard if you ask me.  Best of luck to everyone.

I understand how you feel and I pray the ban is lifted soon so we can all join our loved ones. If you haven’t had your interview pls prepare for a waiver, there’s nothing God can’t do. 

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

I understand how you feel and I pray the ban is lifted soon so we can all join our loved ones. If you haven’t had your interview pls prepare for a waiver, there’s nothing God can’t do. 

How do we prepare for a waiver? Mine is next week

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

I’m not very sure but I think you’re supposed to present to the consular Officer any evidence you feel will make them consider you for a waiver. Check out the travel ban support group thread there’s more info there. I wish you the best at your interview, just have faith everything will work out. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Adeyinka Onitiri said:

@NatashaK1 where is the group you are talking about (travel ban support group thread). 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681063-travel-ban-support-group/

1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

No, the ban is on immigrant visas, not immigration as a whole. AOS is not impacted. Nobody will be "sent home", unless they have a non-travel-ban issue that makes them inadmissible.

51 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

The CO recommends one. That said, it is suggested to bring documentation of anything you believe would show an extreme/undue hardship.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

This is the response I saw on Facebook a woman had gone to her interview and received the slip showing that she was going to be considered for a waiver so she asked an immigration attorney what it means. His response is below. I blurred out their names out of respect for them.

66506732-3544-4E9B-90CA-DCE30105339D.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

So not fair to allow a fiancee to come to the states and marry, with every intent to immigrate and not allow spouses to come and be with their loved ones.

To be honest, I completely agree.  In my simple mind, a K-1 is just as much an "immigrant visa" as a CR-1.  I can count on one hand, the number of reports I have seen  of K-1 visa holders (over the past 4 years) who didn't immigrate after arriving in the US.

But it is what it is.......hopefully, this will end soon.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.