Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Olu111 said:

@Binbin22, Amen. 

Let's just be hopeful.

It's not my intention to make anyone feel bad. But that is what happened to my daughter today. It could just be peculiar to us.

Hopefully someone else would have a more positive outcome.

Let's not be dismayed. This phase will pass.

Am feeling bad for her and my husband.. we r in the same boat 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Olu111 said:

@Binbin22, let's just keep hope alive. We've come too far to give up.

Listen to Moses Bliss - Too faithful. That song has been of great help since the ban news broke. 

I hope it helps you too.

Amen 🙏.. I will 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This is why I get angry when some people whine on VJ about people who come to the USA on visitors visa and adjust status.

Adjusting status within the USA usually (not always) avoids many of the complications that can arise with consular processing (like this ad hoc ban on immigrant visas which makes no sense while visitor visas are processed)!

As an omo Ghana, I am sad for my Naija brothers and sisters going through this anguish. I hope this situation is addressed sooner than later. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

This is why I get angry when some people whine on VJ about people who come to the USA on visitors visa and adjust status.

Adjusting status within the USA usually (not always) avoids many of the complications that can arise with consular processing (like this ad hoc ban on immigrant visas which makes no sense while visitor visas are processed)!

As an omo Ghana, I am sad for my Naija brothers and sisters going through this anguish. I hope this situation is addressed sooner than later. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Sane here.. I no longer even argue with them.. I just scroll pass them.. they don’t understand everyone is not as privileged.. Smdh 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

Am feeling bad for her and my husband.. we r in the same boat 

@Binbin22 It’s a tough one but there’s nothing too difficult for God. Someone posted on my WhatsApp group of a lady who attended her interview today and  was given a 221g form and the box for waiver was ticked. Have faith that everything will work in your favour.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nyema&Darrell said:

@Binbin22 It’s a tough one but there’s nothing too difficult for God. Someone posted on my WhatsApp group of a lady who attended her interview today and  was given a 221g form and the box for waiver was ticked. Have faith that everything will work in your favour.  

Amen.. am riding that faith wave in Jesus name 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, J+J said:

I can confirm that the Myanmar embassy approved K-1 visas on Monday  2/23 - good news for K-1 applicants.

Were any issued?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, missileman said:

Were any issued?

I do not know.  I am just reporting what my fiancee is telling me from a Myanmar Facebook group, that applicants with K-1 visa interviews were approved. Not sure if passports were kept.  So it is like...double hearsay.      

Positive sign. Let’s hope it turns out correct.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

The flip side of that coin is that the more people who adjust from visitor visas, the more the embassy becomes suspicious of anyone who wants a visitor visa and starts denying everyone, like the poster above said only about 35 of 200 were approved that day.

I am so sad to read about the devastating effect this ban is having and hope it gets remedied soon.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
2 hours ago, Olu111 said:

My sister took her. I'm in the US.

Sister -They asked her about my husband, how many times he's been married. How many years has he been in the US, how many children does he have, where is he from in Nigeria. 

Daughter- What my daughter's name is, her age, who the petitioner is, what does the petitioner do. 

My daughter then asked the counselor when she can go see her mummy, and he said he doesn't know. That was when she bursted into tears.

Oh my goodness😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.