Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Angel4love said:

Hello guys,

Please let's know what happened at the embassy after your interview. We need a guide. My interview is on the 4th of March, 2020.

We need to share experiences and possible solution if any.

Thanks

My 13 year old had her IR-2 interview today 02/24/20 at Lagos embassy, she was given a white 221g paper, no other documentation was requested and was placed on administrative processing.

I hope people with different experience can share. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Olu111 said:

My 13 year old had her IR-2 interview today 02/24/20 at Lagos embassy, she was given a white 221g paper, no other documentation was requested and was placed on administrative processing.

It has started. 

So she wasn't told if she was given/approved. Just the 221g paper? 

So the Administrative process is indefinite.

Wow oh wow.

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adeyinka Onitiri said:

What will immigrant demonstrate or information to share with the consular officer to exempt or giving a waiver?

IMG_3875.PNG

I guess that's the answer we are all looking for here.

We will definitely scale through.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Did they retain the passport?

Got LPR status through family in Feb 2017
travelled back to Nigeria in Aug 2017, got married
file i130 for wife and daughter in January 2018
Case transferred from CSC to NSC in July 2019
got RFE in Oct 2019.

next: waiting anxiously for the mail...

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Olu111 said:

Wow.... please can you share the interview questions and if they mentioned the ban?

5 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

Wow.... please can you share the interview questions and if they mentioned the ban?

My sister took her. I'm in the US.

Sister -They asked her about my husband, how many times he's been married. How many years has he been in the US, how many children does he have, where is he from in Nigeria. 

Daughter- What my daughter's name is, her age, who the petitioner is, what does the petitioner do. 

My daughter then asked the counselor when she can go see her mummy, and he said he doesn't know. That was when she bursted into tears.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Olu111 said:

@ John hobo, I am heart broken for my daughter. 

We just have to keep hope alive.

This is really heart breaking!!! Oh God please intervene and make haste 

My husband and daughters interviewed on Friday the 21st. This was an expedite request because their petitions were separated and we had received an interview date for one. According to the embassy staff, they normally do not conduct immigrant interviews on Fridays and the security initially told my husband he could not enter but then a staff person came and called their names. 
Sidebar: My husband was there for hours and said there were about 200 people there for visitor visas and only 

about 35 were approved. Where they were seated for the immigrant process, the visitor visa approvals had to come there to pay. /end sidebar

The CO asked the general questions, what is your wife’s name. How did you

meet, has she ever been married, does she have children, what does she do for a living. 
His wife passed away and he was asked for a copy of the obituary and pics from

the funeral which he supplied to DHS later that afternoon. This was in addition to the death certificate provided. 

There is a discrepancy in the dates this ban went into effect. I’ve seen reports of the 22nd and some say the 21st. The Proclamation is the 21st. 

2 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

This is really heart breaking!!! Oh God please intervene and make haste 

@Binbin22, Amen. 

Let's just be hopeful.

It's not my intention to make anyone feel bad. But that is what happened to my daughter today. It could just be peculiar to us.

Hopefully someone else would have a more positive outcome.

Let's not be dismayed. This phase will pass.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Olu111 said:

My sister took her. I'm in the US.

Sister -They asked her about my husband, how many times he's been married. How many years has he been in the US, how many children does he have, where is he from in Nigeria. 

Daughter- What my daughter's name is, her age, who the petitioner is, what does the petitioner do. 

My daughter then asked the counselor when she can go see her mummy, and he said he doesn't know. That was when she bursted into tears.

I can’t even begin to imagine what she’s feeling right now. I’ll be praying that something positive happens for you family soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.