Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TOtoVA said:

Well I am speaking pre-maturely. I expect to become Canadian by the end of February, I am not yet Canadian.

Maybe by the time you are Canadian the situation can change.

Update NVC if the still have the file or wait for the file.

Interviews are still continuing.  Technically the CO can recommend a waiver.    The CO can also change the passport during the process.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, TOtoVA said:

Well I am speaking pre-maturely. I expect to become Canadian by the end of February, I am not yet Canadian.

I am in the CR1 application to immigrate to the US (with my Nigerian passport), My application was put in Sept of 2018, I am expecting my interview (by looking at the trend) to be in March of 2020. I Expect to get the invite this month be given March 2020 date options.
By the interview time, I will/should have my Canadian passport, but I don't know if I can just SHOW up with a Canadian passport despite initially applying as a Nigerian - or if I need to update NVC prior to the interview (which may be cutting close). Another confusing thing -  I also saw somewhere that nationals on the travel ban list will simply not have their visa interviews scheduled  (is this accurate?) If this is the case, then my only option is to update nationality with the NVC? and if so, how do I even do this? I have never been able to successfully contact the NVC.

I'm not sure if this timeline is realistic, but you should try your best to plan ahead. From my understanding, you will need to pass your exam, then attend the oath ceremony (which is typically within three months), before you can apply for a Canadian passport, which can probably be expedited.

1 hour ago, ADW & JOP said:

I'm not sure if this timeline is realistic, but you should try your best to plan ahead. From my understanding, you will need to pass your exam, then attend the oath ceremony (which is typically within three months), before you can apply for a Canadian passport, which can probably be expedited.

Yep, sort of. I would not try and "plan" out the timeline from exam=>oath, as I found out first hand (I had no issues with my app, turned out the officer misplaced the file after the exam which delayed my oath by 2 months, I made friends with numerous other people who were there on exam day and we tracked our progress together). When I did my Canadian oath/citizenship several years ago I immediately filed for passport at PO/SC and submitted an expedite request (cost more, of course) because we had a US trip coming up (and I didn't want any issues at the border on the way back), had my new Canadian passport in hand (via pickup) a week or two later.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

I want to know the possible side effects, if i get a new passport from an undesignated country now. And use it at nvc as dual citizenship, my file is about to be sent to nvc. Will it not complicates issues about the ban on my country during the consular interview. I mean will the co not feel I got the passport so as to evade the ban. Since it will be clear that the passport is about two months prior to interview. 

Please kindly respond as soon as possible. 

Edited by Ksun

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please I’m confuse I need someone to talk to me regarding my case, I was living in Dubai before I move back to Nigeria now my K1 visa was approved send my interview file to Abu Dhabi they request me to come for my interview I reply them to send my case to Nigeria as I have move back to Nigeria they said I have to email Nigeria to Oder for my interview from them which I have done that but no reply yet only keep saying wait, now travel ban will be taking place by next week 22, I have not yet go for my medical, that’s the craziest part of it, 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/10/2020 at 12:24 PM, TOtoVA said:

Hi - For option 1 - How does one go about updating the passport on the application? I applied using my Nigerian nationality and since my application was put in I am a citizen to an unaffected country. I am wondering how I go about updating this.

I have a question. If someone is approved but their interview isn't until March 2nd, will they be granted a visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I have a question. If someone is approved but their interview isn't until March 2nd, will they be granted a visa?

Visas are not approved until after the interview.  My understanding is that visas not issued before the ban start will be subject to the hold.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

My cousin wife  a Nigerian I -30 approved and sent to NVC before the recent ban on Nigeria immigrants. Visa fees paid and document submitted at NVC status showing completed, but the affidavit fees paid  still showing in progress past two weeks now. I am wondering what is going on for the visa to be approved and send to Lagos for her interview. Does the recent ban of Nigerian has effect on this application since it was approved and send to NVC for processing before the ban. And why the affidavit of support is still showing in progress after fees paid , cannot download the form to complete the process. I am so worried for my cousin  and his wife  going through this. My cousin is a US citizen. please I need help ....thanks

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Diome said:

My cousin wife  a Nigerian I -30 approved and sent to NVC before the recent ban on Nigeria immigrants. Visa fees paid and document submitted at NVC status showing completed, but the affidavit fees paid  still showing in progress past two weeks now. I am wondering what is going on for the visa to be approved and send to Lagos for her interview. Does the recent ban of Nigerian has effect on this application since it was approved and send to NVC for processing before the ban. And why the affidavit of support is still showing in progress after fees paid , cannot download the form to complete the process. I am so worried for my cousin  and his wife  going through this. My cousin is a US citizen. please I need help ....thanks

My understanding is that unless a visa is issued prior to the ban, it will be affected.  Visas are approved and issued after the interview.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Hi guys, i read this and decided to share, there's hope... let's just keep praying.. 

https://bamichat.com/2020/02/house-of-reps-speaker-request-us-to-review-visa-ban-against-nigerians/

Timeline
8 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:
9 minutes ago, NigeriaorBust said:

The Nigerian house has no influence on the US ban. 

He said that "hopefully the issue would be resolved in a single digit month". I wish it could be so! Time will tell!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, missileman said:

My understanding is that unless a visa is issued prior to the ban, it will be affected.  Visas are approved and issued after the interview.

Approval does not mean a visa. Only the consular officer can give visa and if the ban is in place, no visa will be given or they will be put on hold until the ban is lifted.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

Approval does not mean a visa. Only the consular officer can give visa and if the ban is in place, no visa will be given or they will be put on hold until the ban is lifted.

The question was "Does the recent ban of Nigerian has effect on this application since it was approved and send to NVC for processing before the ban. "  The answer is yes, it will be affected if the visas has not been issued before the start of the ban.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.