Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unknown4 said:

everyone that got approved of immigrants visa in Lagos Nigeria embassy, do have their visa in their passport in just three day after interview 

I am pretty certain this is inaccurate. I don't know the typical timeline for issuance in Lagos, but there are absolutely people where it took more than 3 days to issue the visa even if told they were approved. No way "everyone" has that happen. I don't think that would apply to any consulate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Unknown4 said:

I mean he should expendit by writing a letter to US embassy in Lagos,to get ealier interview date befor feb 20 they him,dint get me wrong k

You cant just expedite because you want so under what grounds would he expedite? There are specific reasons

Edited by designguy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, FPope said:

I haven't been able to concentrate on anything since this news broke. I am just so heartbroken. After all the long wait, since 2018 Jan and money spent. It beats me why this has to happen.

I feel the same. This has had a huge psychological impact on both my husband and myself.  I need knee surgery badly but was trying to hold off so as to have my husband here to take care of me. Neither of us has been sleeping, both suffering from headaches, and deprsssion. I can't  eat, I am losing weight by diabetes is getting out of control, heart palpitations and the list goes on. Going to see a psychiatrist as this is truly taking a toll. When you get married, you just want to begin your life as a happily married couple and this is anything but that. We both pray that we will one day get to have our happy beginning and we wish that for everyone here. GOD BLESS!🙏🙏🙏🙏

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I feel the same. This has had a huge psychological impact on both my husband and myself.  I need knee surgery badly but was trying to hold off so as to have my husband here to take care of me. Neither of us has been sleeping, both suffering from headaches, and deprsssion. I can't  eat, I am losing weight by diabetes is getting out of control, heart palpitations and the list goes on. Going to see a psychiatrist as this is truly taking a toll. When you get married, you just want to begin your life as a happily married couple and this is anything but that. We both pray that we will one day get to have our happy beginning and we wish that for everyone here. GOD BLESS!🙏🙏🙏🙏

So sorry you are going through all that. I had a surgery last week too and i know how much i wished my husband was there with me. My graduation from law school is also right at the corner and i really wish he can be there.

We just have to keep the hope alive at this point. Take a look at below maybe it might help you feel better. At least to let us know they are probably doing something to save the situation. Take care.

Timeline

Hello VJ

my husband is in Nigeria and the band affects him cause we will not get his interview before February 21st. I am a USC and am also a Dominican citizen. Am going to file for his Dominican citizenship.. what papers do I need to send the immigration to show he is now a Dominican citizen to continue his cr1 visa process.. thank u 🙏 

9 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

what papers do I need to send the immigration to show he is now a Dominican citizen to continue his cr1 visa process.. thank u 🙏 

None - he can have residency anywhere and you can ask for the consulate to transfer the case.  Unfortunately that won't remove him from the ban.

After he get Dominican citizenship he might be able to get the file changed.  

https://drlawyer.com/nationality-citizenship-immigration/

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

None - he can have residency anywhere and you can ask for the consulate to transfer the case.  Unfortunately that won't remove him from the ban.

Thank u for ur response.. so if he is a Dominican citizen that does not remove him from the band?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Not Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 but Dominica 🇩🇲.. that’s two different countries 

Just now, Binbin22 said:

Thank u for ur response.. so if he is a Dominican citizen that does not remove him from the band?

Just being a resident does not.   Once he is a citizen then the consulate has to agree to make the change or you file a new petition.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

3 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

Not Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 but Dominica 🇩🇲.. that’s two different countries 

Sorry - I had it fight in the search and google failed me.

So how long it takes to become a citizen?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Usually obtaining Citizenship is not that quick, who knows what the situation will be then.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just being a resident does not.   Once he is a citizen then the consulate has to agree to make the change or you file a new petition.

Ok thank u

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Sorry - I had it fight in the search and google failed me.

So how long it takes to become a citizen?

No worries 😉.. it happens.. I can expedite and it will take 3 to 6 months..

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Usually obtaining Citizenship is not that quick, who knows what the situation will be then.

It’s a very small country like 60k.. it usually goes quick 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.