Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

I got this from an auto-reply email from.the US embassy Nigeria.

Does this also mean that those that are in administrative processing will have to repay application fee, visa fee and redo medical examination

Screenshot_20200918-234648.png

I think the message is very clear on what the US Consulate intends to do as regards those whose visa’s about to expire or already expired.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

I got this from an auto-reply email from.the US embassy Nigeria.

Does this also mean that those that are in administrative processing will have to repay application fee, visa fee and redo medical examination

Screenshot_20200918-234648.png

The last 2 lines reads 

‘’We do not know when visa interviews will resume, interview will only be able to resume when the department of states lifts the”

please the what? Hope it’s not when they lift “the ban” is the complete sentence. Cos am scared already ooo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The embassy announced on their website that they will start passport renewal services in their Lagos and Abuja consulate beginning October 5th. Great news! But why aren't they including cancelled interview appointments too?! My interview for March 12th was cancelled, it's been 6 months, my medical has expired and my police report too. This past months have been a struggle and I hope they get to people like us real soon.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, QweenSasha said:

The embassy announced on their website that they will start passport renewal services in their Lagos and Abuja consulate beginning October 5th. Great news! But why aren't they including cancelled interview appointments too?! My interview for March 12th was cancelled, it's been 6 months, my medical has expired and my police report too. This past months have been a struggle and I hope they get to people like us real soon.

Yes, I read it was passport renewal only. So, I really don't want to get my hopes up to soon.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Rosemichelle said:

Yes, I read it was passport renewal only. So, I really don't want to get my hopes up to soon.

I said last time that when I called them last time they said they are resuming at the beginning of October . Hope they will start others too 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Davie92 said:

We have to keep praying for them to resume soonest.. I don't want to celebrate another christmas alone without my wife.. 

Yes, I understand and I pray that all of us will be with our loved ones.. I want this to be one of the best Christmas, I've had in a long time. 

Edited by Rosemichelle
Additional information added

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Justxxxx said:

I said last time that when I called them last time they said they are resuming at the beginning of October . Hope they will start others too 

Yes, I remember. I was suppose to call; however my mom had a serious injury. It has been difficult for me to reach out. My husband associates are looking out for information.. concerning them reopening.  

I pray to God above to help us all during these difficult times....

Edited by Rosemichelle
Additional information added

Timeline
2 hours ago, Okwu Samuel said:

Please if you know you have your passport with them at the embassy kindly go to DHL and check if your passport is there.

You received yours?

Timeline
15 hours ago, Davie92 said:

We have to keep praying for them to resume soonest.. I don't want to celebrate another christmas alone without my wife.. 

None of us wishes to spend another holiday apart. My sister is dying with gastro- esophageal cancer so on top of everything else, this is and continues to be almost impossible to handle alone. The stress of watching her suffer so incredibly with vomiting blood almost daily, and having to get blood regularly is unbearable for me without my husband. My health is suffering physucally and the emotional stress of all this has truly taken its toll, never mind the burdens of us trying to maintain 2 households. I am losing it. God please let them open the embassies soon,  I donknow how much more I can take. Prayers that my husband makes it here before my sister passes because seeing him in person is one of her most urgent wishes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

None of us wishes to spend another holiday apart. My sister is dying with gastro- esophageal cancer so on top of everything else, this is and continues to be almost impossible to handle alone. The stress of watching her suffer so incredibly with vomiting blood almost daily, and having to get blood regularly is unbearable for me without my husband. My health is suffering physucally and the emotional stress of all this has truly taken its toll, never mind the burdens of us trying to maintain 2 households. I am losing it. God please let them open the embassies soon,  I donknow how much more I can take. Prayers that my husband makes it here before my sister passes because seeing him in person is one of her most urgent wishes.

Amen, Patricia. I stand in agreement with you for your prayers. I understand, my sister is battling cancer of the liver. She received a lover and 2 kidneys a few years ago. They just removed cancer from her leg and she is back on the kidney and transplant list; they have made it urgent.  She is on dialysis 3 times a week. A she has lost so much weight. So, I completely understand.  I'm so sorry....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I'm sorry about your sister's health and I understand every bit of emotional trauma you are going through. This whole situation is not easy on anyone, it has drained me emotionally. My prayers everyday, is that they resume visa appointments soon. God is our strength, be strong dear.

1 hour ago, Rosemichelle said:

Amen, Patricia. I stand in agreement with you for your prayers. I understand, my sister is battling cancer of the liver. She received a lover and 2 kidneys a few years ago. They just removed cancer from her leg and she is back on the kidney and transplant list; they have made it urgent.  She is on dialysis 3 times a week. A she has lost so much weight. So, I completely understand.  I'm so sorry....

It's well in Jesus name dear. We will get through this by God's grace.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.