Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
54 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

I just want to encourage everyone of us here still waiting on the embassy to reopen. Pls don’t let this get the better part of you. Be positive and wait patiently. I know it’s very very hard, but it will all come to an end soon. When flights resume try to visit, or get your partner to visit, this is really important as distance puts a huge strain on relationships and I know a couple of people who have broken up and abandoned their petition this period. It may look like there’s no head way but trust me there’s light at the end of the tunnel. All your plans will come to fruition if you believe. Pray pray pray...there’s nothing God can’t do and he never fails.

Pls expect good news soon! 

This is easier to say than do although we try our best. Are you in the US already? All the rest of us can do is wait and pray. Your timeline moved pretty fast so congrats. I have not seen my husband in over a year now and we are struggling. Depression, and anxiety are really taking hold. I can see how some relationships don't make it. It is not for the faint hearted for sure. I sincerely pray for all of us going through this because it is so unfair to keep families separated.  God Bless all of us and let us hope good things come soon!

Timeline
2 hours ago, NatashaK1 said:

Some African countries already resumed. I believe Kenya has resumed some services. 

Also South Africa has also resumed.. am not sure if it’s expedite 

Timeline

Do we really have choice other than to pray right now! Embassy not opening for reason best known to them even when countries with more cases of covid-19 than Nigeria is opening. Let's not even talking about our government those ones now join. Jesus takes the wheel. It shall end in praise. Let's keep our faith and be positive. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

This is easier to say than do although we try our best. Are you in the US already? All the rest of us can do is wait and pray. Your timeline moved pretty fast so congrats. I have not seen my husband in over a year now and we are struggling. Depression, and anxiety are really taking hold. I can see how some relationships don't make it. It is not for the faint hearted for sure. I sincerely pray for all of us going through this because it is so unfair to keep families separated.  God Bless all of us and let us hope good things come soon!

I totally agree with you. No I’m in Nigeria and my passport is stuck at the embassy. They may require another medical from me when they resume. I stalk their website and social media pages everyday, I’ve sent them multiple emails....I get the same response all the time that I can even recite it. I’m really sorry about your situation, we shall all come out victorious. Amen. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

I totally agree with you. No I’m in Nigeria and my passport is stuck at the embassy. They may require another medical from me when they resume. I stalk their website and social media pages everyday, I’ve sent them multiple emails....I get the same response all the time that I can even recite it. I’m really sorry about your situation, we shall all come out victorious. Amen. 

Yeah my thought exactly. "requiring another medical exam". My passport has been there since Feb 28th 2020.

The part that you said you can even recite the  email got me laughing hard🤣🤣🤣.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

My Nigerian  visa is about to expire.. the Nigerian embassy Is not open to issue visa.. am not sure when am ever going to c my husband.. it’s about to b a year... it’s putting such a strain but am greatful I have a strong hubby and praying parents.. this to shall pass and I will give God his praises that due... 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

My Nigerian  visa is about to expire.. the Nigerian embassy Is not open to issue visa.. am not sure when am ever going to c my husband.. it’s about to b a year... it’s putting such a strain but am greatful I have a strong hubby and praying parents.. this to shall pass and I will give God his praises that due... 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

Hey I saw something about a new policy on not requiring a visa again to enter Nigeria if you’re married to a Nigerian. I don’t know if it’s true. I’ll post it here. 

Edited by NatashaK1

Timeline
28 minutes ago, juliusbliss said:

Yeah my thought exactly. "requiring another medical exam". My passport has been there since Feb 28th 2020.

The part that you said you can even recite the  email got me laughing hard🤣🤣🤣.

Well the good thing is, the medical centers are open although we have to pay for it again but one less evil to deal with. 
pls laugh it’s very necessary in these times. 🤣 

Timeline
1 hour ago, NatashaK1 said:

Hey I saw something about a new policy on not requiring a visa again to enter Nigeria if you’re married to a Nigerian. I don’t know if it’s true. I’ll post it here. 

Thank u.. I will look into it.. that would b great 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

Thank u.. I will look into it.. that would b great 

That will be awesome. Even if it's visa on arrival is even preferable than the process of getting it in the state before coming. 

2 hours ago, NatashaK1 said:

Well the good thing is, the medical centers are open although we have to pay for it again but one less evil to deal with. 
pls laugh it’s very necessary in these times. 🤣 

Right

Timeline

Pls follow the conversation on Twitter using The hashtag #loveisnottourism #resumek1visa #loveisessential a lot of people are airing their views and asking that the embassies open. Pls join in this movement, we need to be heard. 

Timeline

Timeline
5 hours ago, S&Pro said:

Thanks for sharing....

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rosemichelle said:

Thanks for sharing....

So tired of this waiting! Let's hope the embassy will open soon as well.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

So tired of this waiting! Let's hope the embassy will open soon as well.

We are praying without ceasing. My family in Nigeria have just came off of a fast. I know it's in God's timing. I'm praying that we all are granted what we have prayed for. Amen 🙏

Apparently, he is going to have to go back to Lagos and take another medical. It was very time consuming and it was a lot of stress. I guess I will have to tell him later today. His test results expire on September 01... He lives far off from Lagos and it was a lot when I was there.. I know that they have been repairing the bridge to Victoria Island; more stress with the already heavy traffic..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.