Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

It really is.. but we must continue to be prayerful.. that’s our lifeline..🙏🏿🙏🏿

Amen!!🙏🙏🙏

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/16/2020 at 8:10 PM, Twice_Ola said:

I wish you all the best. They should respond in about a week. Prayer is the master key to get the Lord's favor on this.

@Twice_Ola Unfortunately it came back negative. The embassy in Nigeria refused to act on it on the ground of fairness. While I understand that fairness and equity is right,  I also argued that expedited action happens all the time based on laid down criteria in all field of practice . For instance in the medical field where I belong,  a life threatening situation will demand immediate action while others are attended to afterwards. Airline attends to families with children,  seniors,  pregnant women etc first, Same with banks etc.  My family is just praying for God's intervention, one of the family ll age out in a couple of weeks which ll be sad.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Davie92 said:

I think they are starting phase one of reopening in America, Europe, Australia in July and August..

Africa and Asia might be September and October.

What are your resources for Africa and Asia opening Sept. Or Oct.?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Patricia Owuh said:

What are your resources for Africa and Asia opening Sept. Or Oct.?

My husband is Nigerian and we just keep praying they will open soon, especially since they are suppose to resume international flights on the 29th of August. This is getting ridiculous! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ukaa said:

@Twice_Ola Unfortunately it came back negative. The embassy in Nigeria refused to act on it on the ground of fairness. While I understand that fairness and equity is right,  I also argued that expedited action happens all the time based on laid down criteria in all field of practice . For instance in the medical field where I belong,  a life threatening situation will demand immediate action while others are attended to afterwards. Airline attends to families with children,  seniors,  pregnant women etc first, Same with banks etc.  My family is just praying for God's intervention, one of the family ll age out in a couple of weeks which ll be sad.

Did you try to expedite your case and it was denied? Is the embassy in Nigeria working on things or what? Haven't seen my husband in over a year now, and I need knee surgery,  but we are still waiting ,hoping, and praying good news will come soon. This is hard on all of us! Best of luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Davie92 said:

I think they are starting phase one of reopening in America, Europe, Australia in July and August..

Africa and Asia might be September and October.

Some African countries already resumed. I believe Kenya has resumed some services. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ukaa said:

This is all shades of wrong. Lagos embassy in particular seems to have developed a reputation for notoriety and arrogance in such matters that sometimes it seems trying is just not worth it. But maybe its just me imaginihg things.

Pray that Judge Mehta gives a rolling 30-day TRO (at least) in the Gomez v Trump case on the 27th. And of course a prompt reopening immediately after (need we hope?!) could just do the trick for you. Let's at least keep hope alive. Sending our best wishes from here.

9 minutes ago, damdam77 said:

This is all shades of wrong. Lagos embassy in particular seems to have developed a reputation for notoriety and arrogance in such matters that sometimes it seems trying is just not worth it. But maybe its just me imaginihg things.

Pray that Judge Mehta gives a rolling 30-day TRO (at least) in the Gomez v Trump case on the 27th. And of course a prompt reopening immediately after (need we hope?!) could just do the trick for you. Let's at least keep hope alive. Sending our best wishes from 

even if the Embassy opens, there's still a travel ban and we can't be sure everyone will be given a waiver . That's another thing to worry about. Apart from the Nigeria ban, there's a general ban for all countries who wants to immigrate to the US which expires by 31st of December and can be expanded again next month. Thank God spouses of US citizens are exempted though. The prayer now for me is that Trump should just lose this elections and let things get back to normal bcus I'm tired of this waiting game.

Edited by dav&gay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.