Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Twice_Ola said:

There is hope for those whose visa does not fall under the ban..

I have to wait till the ban is lifted, the thought of it is just so annoying and frustrating...... (f2a visa)

I know and am so sorry.. this is just ridiculous .. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Twice_Ola said:

This is a good news... 

Fingers crossed truly 🤔

Let's hope that is the case. Pray, pray, pray!

Timeline
1 hour ago, dav&gay said:

We just have to pray that the man loses the election and get out of office.  But got a question though.  If Biden wins and becomes president, does it mean that Trump presidential proclamation ban is automatically not valid or Biden have to take the take the bans off? just a thought. 

Since it has an expiration date, the ban will expire by dec 31st. If trump loses the election, the ban will stop by dec 31 but if he wins, he may decide to extend it again...

Unless they extend it, the ban will expire....

That's the scariest part.....> [extension of the ban)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, dav&gay said:

I'm talking about the travel Ban on Nigeria. Not the current 

Travel ban will automatically end on Dec 31st unless it is extended. 

If trump loses, then the ban will end on Dec 31st

Edited by Twice_Ola

Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 3:50 AM, Mrs Og said:

Am on this table too, I haven’t seen my husband in 1yr 3month. We have married for almost 2 and half year now, and we haven’t spend complete 2months together. He came home when my baby is 3month, and now she’s 1and half, am just tired of everything, I have been scheduled for interview, which suppose take place in April 22, but this pandemic spoil everything. My prayer now is for them to reopen and reschedule me. Prayer is the master key, let’s keep fasting and praying. God will see us through. 

So sad for them to keep families apart. Time watching your precious baby grow up that you will never get back......My husband and I have been in administrative processing since December 2017. Almost 3 years they have been just holding our case and telling us they are working on it.  They say they don't need anything else from us we just have to wait until they finish "working" on it. 3 years is plenty enough time to finish. My husband and I usually take vacation together twice a year.  This year we haven't been able to.  This is so depressing. We pray all the time that this chapter in our life end

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, PatShawn said:

So sad for them to keep families apart. Time watching your precious baby grow up that you will never get back......My husband and I have been in administrative processing since December 2017. Almost 3 years they have been just holding our case and telling us they are working on it.  They say they don't need anything else from us we just have to wait until they finish "working" on it. 3 years is plenty enough time to finish. My husband and I usually take vacation together twice a year.  This year we haven't been able to.  This is so depressing. We pray all the time that this chapter in our life end

I see a lot of people on here talk about involving their congressman. Have you tried this? 

Timeline

Please you guys should read this... or am i the one who doesn't understand English. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/08/17/uscis-staff-furloughs-will-grind-legal-immigration-to-a-halt/amp/

Timeline
2 hours ago, Arewa said:

Please you guys should read this... or am i the one who doesn't understand English. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/08/17/uscis-staff-furloughs-will-grind-legal-immigration-to-a-halt/amp/

I read this. If president Trump is re-elected it is going to be bad, as if it isn't bad enough already.

Timeline

Latest news: America lifts Global Level 4 Health Advisory! I think the US embassy in Nigeria may resume next week with this latest news. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Urchmanbello said:

Latest news: America lifts Global Level 4 Health Advisory! I think the US embassy in Nigeria may resume next week with this latest news. 

This was lifted since, about a week or so ago. I doubt the embassy will open next week. But fingers crossed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.