Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Arewa said:

You people don't even want to know how tired and frustrated i am right now. 

Whew, Long distance relationship/marriage isn't for the faint hearted.

I greet all my colleagues on the platform, hope you're doing great? Like they say there's light at the end of every tunnel... it will be over soon, just have faith and don't stop praying. The most important thing is that we're all healthy, including our families over there. Soon we shall reunite. Sending you lots of love, send hugs my way too 💋 Let me go back to sewing before my clients complain. 

You're not alone I promise. I miss my husband so much. All this waiting is cruelty at its best.  We've been DQ'd since early June and still nothing on an interview date. It is so frustrating! Sending you hugs from Alabama! Let's just keep praying things will resume soon.🙏🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arewa said:

I greet all my colleagues on the platform, hope you're doing great? Like they say there's light at the end of every tunnel... it will be over soon, just have faith and don't stop praying. The most important thing is that we're all healthy, including our families over there. Soon we shall reunite. Sending you lots of love, send hugs my way too 💋 Let me go back to sewing before my clients complain. 

Lol are you in Lagos or Abj? Looking for a designer. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

You're not alone I promise. I miss my husband so much. All this waiting is cruelty at its best.  We've been DQ'd since early June and still nothing on an interview date. It is so frustrating! Sending you hugs from Alabama! Let's just keep praying things will resume soon.🙏🙏

Amen 🙏🙏🙏🥰

Timeline

It's gradually looking like there's light at the end of the tunnel,  by God's grace very soon all these craziness will be over. 

All the best to everyone of us here. 

Timeline

What one writer said on A Facebook group today: 

Dear Nigerian Applicants:

So I spoke to the US embassy in Lagos this morning and below is what i gathered:

1- The International Airport closure has nothing to do with why the embassy is not processing immigrant routine visas - they are aware people are still finding ways to travel via other routes.

2- Seems they do not trust the COVID-19 #s from 9ja - Main reason and the person i spoke to made this comment.

3- And they are still unsure when they will open🤷🏽‍♀️

Do you guys/ladies think we Nigerian Americans can contact our Congressman/woman and/or senators to reach out to the Ambassador in Nigeria to at least inquire about restarting (slowly and safely) our spouses visa? Just looking for ways to get some traction.

Obviously they are not accepting any expedites. And opening the international airport does not mean the embassy will open. And there is no line of sight to when this will end.

***Please mainly looking for opinions from those that have immigrant cases currently going thru  Nigeria ***

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Binbin22 said:

So I spoke to the US embassy in Lagos this morning and below is what i gathered:

1- The International Airport closure has nothing to do with why the embassy is not processing immigrant routine visas - they are aware people are still finding ways to travel via other routes.

2- Seems they do not trust the COVID-19 #s from 9ja - Main reason and the person i spoke to made this comment.

Do you guys/ladies think we Nigerian Americans can contact our Congressman/woman and/or senators to reach out to the Ambassador in Nigeria to at least inquire about restarting (slowly and safely) our spouses visa? Just looking for ways to get some traction.

Obviously they are not accepting any expedites. And opening the international airport does not mean the embassy will open. And there is no line of sight to when this will end.

***Please mainly looking for opinions from those that have immigrant cases currently going thru  Nigeria ***

It will be good if the citizens can start agitation with their Congressman/woman. I strongly believe that it will help to push them.  

I am honestly not sure what else they are looking for because NCDC works in collaboration with several USG funded projects and should be trusted. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

IF THIS IS TRUE...it doesn’t even make sense....

1) banks are open and definitely receive more customers per day than the US embassy. 

2) aren’t the consular officers behind glass windows? They can wear gloves and masks too

3) they have the power to reduce the number of visitors that come in daily to avoid the crowd, it’s not a walk in service.

4) If they don’t want people in the embassy, Why can’t they at least start working on the cases on AP/pending before the lockdown. Some of us have passports that have been stuck there for months. 
5) The British high commission and visa centers are open...I know 2 people that have gone for appointments this past week. they even  flew in from PH. 
6) The medical center in Abuja is open and working with a lot of people still doing their medical exam for the UK and Canada. 
7) I know someone who went to pick up her passport from the US embassy and she said they checked her temp etc and she went inside the embassy and was given her passport. So it’s not like they don’t know what measures to take. 

They have had months now to plan a safe reopening, so whenever I see that their message saying we will open when it’s safe to I just shake my head....when it’s safe is when a vaccine comes out. The most annoying part is saying you don’t know when you will open, so basically you’re not making any plans? Or what? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

1) banks are open and definitely receive more customers per day than the US embassy. 

2) aren’t the consular officers behind glass windows? They can wear gloves and masks too

3) they have the power to reduce the number of visitors that come in daily to avoid the crowd, it’s not a walk in service.

4) If they don’t want people in the embassy, Why can’t they at least start working on the cases on AP/pending before the lockdown. Some of us have passports that have been stuck there for months. 
5) The British high commission and visa centers are open...I know 2 people that have gone for appointments this past week. they even  flew in from PH. 
6) The medical center in Abuja is open and working with a lot of people still doing their medical exam for the UK and Canada. 
7) I know someone who went to pick up her passport from the US embassy and she said they checked her temp etc and she went inside the embassy and was given her passport. So it’s not like they don’t know what measures to take. 

They have had months now to plan a safe reopening, so whenever I see that their message saying we will open when it’s safe to I just shake my head....when it’s safe is when a vaccine comes out. The most annoying part is saying you don’t know when you will open, so basically you’re not making any plans? Or what? 

I completely agree. They know the precautions to take, and as you said other businesses are open. They say they feel the pain, but honestly they have no idea what this is doing to families. I pray they open soon. It will be another year soon.  So many things have happened this year. If they are going to open churches, why can't they open the embassy? Prayers for hope for all of us going through this mess!🙏🙏

Timeline
16 hours ago, Arewa said:

My sister,  i dey for this one too. Its very frustrating how the whole process is.

I wish i could just change the time to Jan 1st 2021😁

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I completely agree. They know the precautions to take, and as you said other businesses are open. They say they feel the pain, but honestly they have no idea what this is doing to families. I pray they open soon. It will be another year soon.  So many things have happened this year. If they are going to open churches, why can't they open the embassy? Prayers for hope for all of us going through this mess!🙏🙏

All i know is that the government does not care about the masses. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Twice_Ola said:

All i know is that the government does not care about the masses. 

I think you're right. My husband says the same thing

Timeline
51 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

I totally agree with you.  If you look at the Confirmed cases we have in this country After subtracting the discharged cases and death it's not even up-to 15 thousand cases. I wonder what's really going on with the embassy. 

They are precautionary measures they can take as you've said but why bringing excuses and just to make people suffer and go through this emotional torture. 

This is not fair on us. We don't deserve what we are getting from them at all. 

Lord please make every crooked way straight for us all. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
2 hours ago, juliusbliss said:

I totally agree with you.  If you look at the Confirmed cases we have in this country After subtracting the discharged cases and death it's not even up-to 15 thousand cases. I wonder what's really going on with the embassy. 

They are precautionary measures they can take as you've said but why bringing excuses and just to make people suffer and go through this emotional torture. 

This is not fair on us. We don't deserve what we are getting from them at all. 

Lord please make every crooked way straight for us all. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

AMEN SISTER!!!🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
3 hours ago, NatashaK1 said:

So if they don't get a vaccine they will remain closed? LOL!! That is utterly ridiculus! The government says they're not paying salaries so put people back to work. I doubt that too many of the higher government officials are not getting paid. It's so sad. The country is losing so much money and the people are suffering tremendously!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.