Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

International commercial flights being open is just one of the criteria for the phased opening of foreign consulates/embassies. There is a thread on here that details the Diplomacy Strong plan created by the US Department of State. I don’t remember the exact one you can check the embassy forum or use the search function to find it. 

Thank you so much ! Appreciate it 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, NatashaK1 said:

There’s really no way of knowing but a reply I got from the embassy says they will resume American Citizen Services first before any visa service. As for international flights resuming......doesn’t seem like that’s very soon. 

The embassy said on their website that they are only doing citizen services now.. so I guess they will continue when they open?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

The embassy said on their website that they are only doing citizen services now.. so I guess they will continue when they open?

They said they are doing emergency US Citizen services not normal services. They would resume regular US Citizens services first when the embassy reopens. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

They said they are doing emergency US Citizen services not normal services. They would resume regular US Citizens services first when the embassy reopens. 

Ok thank u.. 

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 11:29 AM, Ukaa said:

Thank you all to everyone sharing and encouraging others. 

I on EB2 process waiting for interview date from the embassy in Nigeria but i am worried that my first child is about to age out in Oct.  Please does anyone know how I can go about this to save the situation.

You may qualify for an expedite processing.  Request it through  nvcexpedite@state.gov .

Timeline

Some members of the aviation ministry are cashing out on a daily bases with the repatriation flight, that's why they are slow in opening up the aviation sector for international flight to resume. Corruption everywhere! God will expose them! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Urchmanbello said:

Some members of the aviation ministry are cashing out on a daily bases with the repatriation flight, that's why they are slow in opening up the aviation sector for international flight to resume. Corruption everywhere! God will expose them! 

This is very true a lot of persons are traveling in and out of Nigeria with this evacuation flight. And since the ticket money are almost twice the usual amount I am sure the aviation sector are not in a hurry to begin international flight operation, since airlines are cashing out big time. Let’s just continue to pray for our country.

Timeline

Today they announced they will start making preparations to resume international flights within “weeks and not months”. That’s a good sign.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/covid-19-nigeria-to-resume-intl-flights-in-weeks/amp/

82DC6C0A-4B8C-4CD6-B714-AF5B83394F51.jpeg

DFDF1CDA-2D05-4A97-866E-C9C6D57BC41F.jpeg

Edited by PatLuvO

Timeline
3 hours ago, PatLuvO said:

Today they announced they will start making preparations to resume international flights within “weeks and not months”. That’s a good sign.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/covid-19-nigeria-to-resume-intl-flights-in-weeks/amp/

82DC6C0A-4B8C-4CD6-B714-AF5B83394F51.jpeg

DFDF1CDA-2D05-4A97-866E-C9C6D57BC41F.jpeg

Take with a pinch of salt until they announce a date. They really do know how to toy with our feelings. And this came right after the UAE embassy released a statement saying they have been talking with the Nigerian gov to open the Intl airspace so they can continue processing visas, this was to refute the rumor our minister of aviation carried that we had been banned by UAE....so this may just be damage control. I really hope and pray it’s not. 

Don’t you wonder how they are just beginning preparations? Yet the International airport has been running effectively for the past 2 months at least. The domestic wing has been in full operation now for a month on tomorrow. So why is the preparation just starting. They should announce a date and stop being......

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

Take with a pinch of salt until they announce a date. They really do know how to toy with our feelings. And this came right after the UAE embassy released a statement saying they have been talking with the Nigerian gov to open the Intl airspace so they can continue processing visas, this was to refute the rumor our minister of aviation carried that we had been banned by UAE....so this may just be damage control. I really hope and pray it’s not. 

Don’t you wonder how they are just beginning preparations? Yet the International airport has been running effectively for the past 2 months at least. The domestic wing has been in full operation now for a month on tomorrow. So why is the preparation just starting. They should announce a date and stop being......

U have valid points.. this is just to sad that these ppl r only for themselves and NEVER for their citizens.. Smdh 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NatashaK1 said:

Of course everything is smoke and mirrors at this point lol because flights have been landing pretty much every day from other countries through out this “lockdown”.I will just hope for the best but keep my expectations low.

Edited by PatLuvO

Timeline
1 hour ago, Urchmanbello said:

They moved Nigeria from level 4 health alert to level 3.

I hope they will commence visa interview soon. 

Screenshot_20200807-153034.png

It was level 3 before the closure.....they should open the embassy Jare Lol! 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 3:36 PM, Twice_Ola said:

You may qualify for an expedite processing.  Request it through  nvcexpedite@state.gov .

Thank you.  I will explore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.