Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

File for a devorce as soon as possible. The sooner you can get a device decree the better.

Continue to collect evidence of bona fide marriage up to the separation.

You will need to convert your i751 case to a devorce waiver sometime after you file for the devorce, or if called to an interview go to the interview alone and convert your i751 case at the interview to a devoce waiver case.

Supply USCIS evidence you have filed for a devorse and USCIS will give you time to produce a devorse decree in an RFE months later or at the interview.

You can convert your joint i751 petition to a devorce waiver i751 case  by wiring a letter to the address of the USCIS service center or office handling your i751 case (address is in your receipt notice sent to you), providing proof you have at least filed for a devorce.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
11 minutes ago, da95826 said:

File for a devorce as soon as possible. The sooner you can get a device decree the better.

Continue to collect evidence of bona fide marriage up to the separation.

You will need to convert your i751 case to a devorce waiver sometime after you file for the devorce, or if called to an interview go to the interview alone and convert your i751 case at the interview to a devoce waiver case.

Supply USCIS evidence you have filed for a devorse and USCIS will give you time to produce a devorse decree in an RFE months later or at the interview.

You can convert your joint i751 petition to a devorce waiver i751 case  by wiring a letter to the address of the USCIS service center or office handling your i751 case (address is in your receipt notice sent to you), providing proof you have at least filed for a devorce.

Thanks!  Unfortunately, based on IL law we have to be separated for a year which would be March 2022.  My interview is not scheduled but I am sure it will be before then.

Timeline

5 minutes ago, Quinton1980 said:

Unfortunately, based on IL law we have to be separated for a year which would be March 2022

I am seeing this online... The state of Illinois requires the spouses to live separate and apart for six months prior to filing for divorce. However, this rule can be waived under some circumstances, including mutual agreement of the parties.

Looks like you could file for devorce right away and if you soon to be ex agree you can file sooner. Please consult with a lawyer to get help making your way through the devorce and immgration issues.

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
1 minute ago, da95826 said:

I am seeing this online... The state of Illinois requires the spouses to live separate and apart for six months prior to filing for divorce. However, this rule can be waived under some circumstances, including mutual agreement of the parties.

Looks like you could file for devorce right away and if you soon to be ex agree you can file sooner. Please consult with a lawyer to get help making your way through the devorce and immgration issues.

Thanks for this info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Any other February 2020 filers still waiting? Is it just those unfortunate enough to get the Potomac office who are still waiting? I'm getting really anxious as I'm looking for a new job now and I'd imagine a lot of companies would be hesitant to take on someone who's GC extension is expiring in a couple months and might or might not get approved for ROC.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 8:42 AM, Jakk said:

Any other February 2020 filers still waiting? Is it just those unfortunate enough to get the Potomac office who are still waiting? I'm getting really anxious as I'm looking for a new job now and I'd imagine a lot of companies would be hesitant to take on someone who's GC extension is expiring in a couple months and might or might not get approved for ROC.

Im still waiting too. Since January 2021 stuck in ready to be scheduled for an interview and my poor letter expires in less than 1 month lol

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi.

Is the case status on the USCIS site supposed to change from "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an interview" to "Interview was Scheduled" once they have your interview date?
I'm trying to figure out if my mail could had gotten lost while being out of town. It has been since January that the status says Ready and I just wanna have the peace of mind no letter was sent yet.
Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 6:42 AM, Jakk said:

I think you can show your social security card with Driver license during hiring process. 

Well, at long last my wife had her interview.  This was on July 29th, 2021.  Based on reading other people's experiences and advice I went in with my wife for her interview (I am the USC).  We saw many people who went in alone who obviously read their letters for their interview appointment times that said only the petitioner was allowed to come to the interview.  Fortunately all the people we saw had their USC spouses waiting outside and the agents at the San Antonio office allowed them to call them or go get them.  So, if you are in doubt about your USC spouse going to the interview with you know that at least at the San Antonio office they really want the spouse with you.

I have to say the we had a rather pleasant experience.  Aside from the wait which wasn't that bad (about 25 minutes past our 9am appointment time), we had no unpleasantness.  Security was strict but polite enough.  The agent that interviewed us was quite professional and pleasant.  She asked us a view friendly and vaguely probing questions as we walked back to the interview room.  She swore us in, and then asked us how we met.  She had the tax returns and other financial info we'd sent in over a year ago.  She did not request to see any joint account financial statements.  When we applied oh so long ago we had sent copies of our sale of one home and the purchase of our current home (copy of sale documents we had to sign on the old house, and copies of deed of trust on the current house).  We had many photos, but the agent said she could tell we were a bona fide couple and she didn't need to see them.  But my wife ended up showing her photos anyway as we went through our story of how we originally met, then later reconnected, then dated, then got married, then had a baby.   We asked about my wife's daughter.  She entered as a minor on my wife's K1 but is now an adult.  The agent was more than happy to pull up all her info and confirm to us that she would also be approved for removal of conditions and receive her 10 year green card.  The agent ended up spending more time looking up our daughter's case information than she spent interviewing us.  She was quite helpful and really improved my perception of USCIS agents.

Today, August 5th, 2021, we received both my wife's and our daughter's 10 year green cards.

N400 here we come!

06/23/2016 I-129F sent, 06/27/16 NOA1 Electronic, 06/30/16 NOA1 Paper

08/25/2016 RFE Electronic, 08/29/2016 RFE Paper, 09/07/2016 RFE Corrections Received

09/15/2016 NOA2 Electronic, 09/07/2016 NOA2 Paper

09/30/2016 NVC Received, 10/04/2016 NVC Case number assigned

10/26/2016 Medical exams

11/22/2016 Interview - APPROVED!

11/28/2016 Visa/Passport shipped (Via Brazil Postal Service)

12/01/2016 Visa/Passport received, 12/02/2016 POE DFW, 12/14/2016 Married

02/24/2017 i485 sent

03/15/2017 NOA1

03/24/2017 RFE

03/31/2017 RFE Response Received

04/12/2017 Biometrics

07/07/2017 EAD produced, 07/11/2017 mailed, 07/14/2017 Received

02/14/2028 RFE, 03/06/2018 Response received

03/07/2018 i485 Approved! No interview. 03/12/2018 Paper NOA received, no SMS notification.

03/15/2018 2 year Green Card Received!!!

02/07/2020 i751 sent

02/12/2020 Paper NOA sent for i751

06/21/2021 Interview notice letter

07/29/2021 Interview

07/30/2021 Approved!

08/05/2021 10 Year GC received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Palestine
Timeline

I'm wondering what will we be doing when our green card expire? Is there something we can file to get an extension until we hear back? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, kareem8998 said:

I'm wondering what will we be doing when our green card expire? Is there something we can file to get an extension until we hear back? 

30 days before your extension letter and green card expires you can request an i551 stamp in your passport to extend proof of your continued LPR status. Call USCIS and schedule an infopass appointment for the i551 stamp at your local USCIS field office.

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Timeline
On 8/10/2021 at 6:40 PM, da95826 said:

30 days before your extension letter and green card expires you can request an i551 stamp in your passport to extend proof of your continued LPR status. Call USCIS and schedule an infopass appointment for the i551 stamp at your local USCIS field office.

I'm not sure if they'll be able to do that. My palestinian passport has been expired since 2019 and there's no way for me to renew it as the consulate office was shut down. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, kareem8998 said:

I'm not sure if they'll be able to do that. My palestinian passport has been expired since 2019 and there's no way for me to renew it as the consulate office was shut down. 

An active passport is not required. You can get an i551 stamp on an I-94 document that will work just fine as proof of your LPR status here in the USA. Just bring two passport style photos with you to your infopass appointment to get the i551 stamp on the i-94 along with the expired green card, extension letter and other ID.

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Approved June 08, 2022

Approved June 08, 2022

Timeline
On 8/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, da95826 said:

An active passport is not required. You can get an i551 stamp on an I-94 document that will work just fine as proof of your LPR status here in the USA. Just bring two passport style photos with you to your infopass appointment to get the i551 stamp on the i-94 along with the expired green card, extension letter and other ID.

Thank you so much for your response!! I just got an update from USCIS that they sent me that they scheduled my interview!! But nothing yet on my GC  I-751 case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, kareem8998 said:

Thank you so much for your response!! I just got an update from USCIS that they sent me that they scheduled my interview!! But nothing yet on my GC  I-751 case. 

Hey! How did you request for the I-551 stamp? I called them and they said someone will call me back and its been about 8 days already. What was the procedure.. please share. my extension letter expires in 20 Days. Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.