Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, sweetadams said:

Did you miss the March 4th interview date? 

Nope, march 4th i got notification about interview. Don’t know interview date yet.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, Hafkass keyia said:

Hello February fillers pls is anyone  got response from USCIS for Extension or Check Cash? I’m waiting for more than a month no NOA and they haven’t cash my check yet. Please keep posted for any update February Fillers Cross finger to y’all 

Just FYI. this is February 2020 fillers' page 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Hello, like everyone here, I sent in my application in Feb of 2020.  I am in the Nebraska office.  My status is still Case was received.  I have not been asked to come in for biometrics or anything.  Is this normal, 14 months later?  Should I contact them?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just an update about our interview.

Our interview was on April 16th at 8:30am. IO was nice to us. it was brief and easy interview. He started with how we doing since last AOS approval and what we have as proofs of bona fide marriage today. We have took several vacation trips together but we didn’t have boarding passes or tickets but photos were enough to have as proof along with other proofs like auto insurance, joint tax returns joint rental leases, joint checking and savings bank account, Purchase of vehicle, etc. he kept all of those documents, photos with family and selfies as well .He finish interview by saying he will review the documents we gave him and if he need anything else he’ll let us know by mail and we can send him our response by mail. Half hour later i check case status online it says.
New card is being produced. 
Good luck to you all.

Edited by salu sou

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

You should contact them. This looks like your case is out of normal processing time. Did you check your case status with both the new and old case status check? If yes, you should call and speak with a tier 2 officer. Good luck

• 1 month later...
Timeline
15 hours ago, airjets said:

Did anyone receive a USCIS online account number when filing their I-751?  I don't believe I did, but I don't fully recall.  My wife and I are filing N-400 for her and it's asking for the USCIS online account number.

She will get it after completing the application online.  You did not have an online account number from I-751 (ROC).

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Finally, after 16 months, I went in to do my biometrics.  I am hoping they will just mail me the green card!  Just wanted to tell someone this happened!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Quinton1980 said:

Finally, after 16 months, I went in to do my biometrics.  I am hoping they will just mail me the green card!  Just wanted to tell someone this happened!  

Wow.. this is certainly mind draining. Well, I hope they conclude everything very soon. You should have applied for naturalization. I’m Pretty sure the biometric wld hv come in sooner if you did. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Moses E said:

Wow.. this is certainly mind draining. Well, I hope they conclude everything very soon. You should have applied for naturalization. I’m Pretty sure the biometric wld hv come in sooner if you did. 

My thought exactly, he should apply for citizenship as sometimes you have a combo interview and the whole process will be over.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:18 AM, Quinton1980 said:

Hello, like everyone here, I sent in my application in Feb of 2020.  I am in the Nebraska office.  My status is still Case was received.  I have not been asked to come in for biometrics or anything.  Is this normal, 14 months later?  Should I contact them?  

These are the current processing times. Honestly, it is hard to say what is going on at these service centers. Nebraska has been approving people who filed in 12/2020, 01/2021 and even 02/2021 (I think). 

image.png.7eadeb82482f45767efde7d21711cf56.png

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

These are the current processing times. Honestly, it is hard to say what is going on at these service centers. Nebraska has been approving people who filed in 12/2020, 01/2021 and even 02/2021 (I think). 

image.png.7eadeb82482f45767efde7d21711cf56.png

There is no harm in contacting them. 

• 2 weeks later...

After 17 months of waiting, my ROC was finally approved today. I received an email and text on 7/9/2021 that my card had been ordered, and also text and email that my case was approved today and confirmation notice was mailed. Online status also confirmed the messages. No other messages or actions. I imagine I'll get text/email once 10-yeard GC is ready and mailed to me. 

I submitted my N-400 application back in mid-March 2021 (based on 3-year rule married to USC). The only movement there has been confirmation receipt of the application and waiver of biometrics (or re-using ones on file). Not sure if the N-400 submission had any effect on this ROC approval, but the important part is that it's finally over and the N-400 is 4 months in. Also, no interview for this ROC process; did have it for the AOS though. 

For those wondering, I'm a Bay Area WAC filer whose file was transferred to NBC in late December 2020. 

Good luck to everyone in this long journey. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello all

I finally did my biometrics, but now USCIS wants an interview.  But there is a problem.  My husband and I are separated. But not legally because we did not go to a court or anything.  We just no longer live together.  I left the house in Feb 2021.  We filed for the ROC in Feb 2020.  So it has been a year since we filed and when I left him.  Here in IL you have to be separated for a year before you can file for divorce.  I am pretty sure my interview date will come up before then.  Does anyone know what to do in this situation?  any advice?  Thanks

Q

Edited by Quinton1980

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.