Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Just checked today and new card is being produced!!! Filed Feb 28, 2020 and transferred Dec 16th, 2020. Good luck everyone!590794423_ScreenShot2021-01-20at12_26_09PM.thumb.png.597214289aaf21e4f45fded6dbfc53f6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Just checked today and new card is being produced!!! Filed Feb 28, 2020 and transferred Dec 16th, 2020. Good luck everyone!590794423_ScreenShot2021-01-20at12_26_09PM.thumb.png.597214289aaf21e4f45fded6dbfc53f6.png

Congratulations! It is interesting that several dates on our cases were absolutely the same. But this final one seems to be different. 

38 minutes ago, H-I said:

Congratulations! It is interesting that several dates on our cases were absolutely the same. But this final one seems to be different. 

I'm sure it's any minute for you now! I never receive the letter notice of case transfer so I filed a complaint online. Not sure if the complaint speed up anything.  

Timeline
18 hours ago, bestofluck said:

I'm sure it's any minute for you now! I never receive the letter notice of case transfer so I filed a complaint online. Not sure if the complaint speed up anything.  

Thank you for the kind words! May I ask you some technical question? Is Feb 28 the date on your acceptance notice? 

Well, I just received my Green Card in the mail. 

Unfortunately, they didn't change my last name on it. Although I submitted everything correctly and the divorce decree clearly states the approval for legal name change back to my maiden name, they haven't done it. I opened another topic about this, but I'm currently a little devastated. 

22 hours ago, H-I said:

Thank you for the kind words! May I ask you some technical question? Is Feb 28 the date on your acceptance notice? 

Yes, we sent in a few days earlier, Feb 28 was the NOA date.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Yes, we sent in a few days earlier, Feb 28 was the NOA date.

Thank you! Mine is two business days later.

I was gonna say something like it looked promising but maybe a bit naive. Then I double checked the USCIS website. And I can't believe it. New card is being produced!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, H-I said:

Thank you! Mine is two business days later.

I was gonna say something like it looked promising but maybe a bit naive. Then I double checked the USCIS website. And I can't believe it. New card is being produced!!!!!!

Congrats! Good news! The wait is over at least for now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello, congrates on those who have received their greencards!

I filed my I751 from San Jose, California and received the I797 notice on Feb 27, 2020. 

Also received notice around May saying biometrics is not needed. 

On Dec 16, 2020, I received notice saying they transferred my case to National Benefits Center in MO. I haven't heard anything since. 

Does anyone know what's the potential reason they will transfer your case? Does that usually means the case will be delayed? 

F1 --> AOS 

filed I130, I131, 1485, I765 concurrently 7/10/2017

Notice of receipt  7/12/2017

Notice of bio appointment 7/22/2017

Bio(I765-I485) done 8/8/2017

I485 case ready to be scheduled for interview 8/15/2017

I765(EAD) over 90 days raised 1st SR on I765 10/13/2017

Receive SR response saying case is still under review 11/7/2017

Raised 2nd SR on I765 11/16/2017

Called USCIS to raise expedited request on I756 11/17/2017 

Made infopass appointment online and scheduled for next day 11/19/2017

Received response on 2nd SR and Expedited request saying your case is still under review 11/20/2017

Went to infopass appointment and officer put notes to NBC 11/20/2017

Received I797 EAD and AP approved and will be mailed separately 11/27/2017

Recevied notice on interview scheduled 4/13/2018

Interview at San Diego local office and approved 5/21/2018

Received greencard in the mail 5/27/2018

Filed i751 petition to remove conditions on residence 2/21/2020

Received notice of receipt on 2/27/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 9/9/2020 at 10:59 AM, bestofluck said:

Question about renewing driver license: I know each state may have their own rules, but would love for your input/experience/feedback :)

Here is my experience: 

I made appointment to renew my DL before the pandemic and the appointment date was in June knowing my DL expires in July.

During the appointment at DMV, everything worked fine: submitting documents, taking photos, etc. until I heard the DMV staff told me "it will be up to Sacramento(California DMV headquarter) to decide if they want to renew my license"... I asked "but I have all the documents you need including 18 months extension letter", the staff answered, "but your legal status is still to be decided." I know it was bullsh*t when I heard her answer. I have a feeling she was making her own rules up but I didn't question further.

Then weeks pass by I still haven't received the new license and on early September, my 3 months temporary license expires. I called DMV yesterday and they told me my legal paper work is still under review and pending. The DMV representative gave me a DMV legal team number to call and said, "they are very hard to reach", which is true. She also suggest me to just go to the DMV office and get another temporary license. 

I wonder how is everyone else doing with expiring DL? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

I had pretty much the same situation except i was trying to get my REAL ID with California DMV but luckily my DL doesn't expire yet. I went to DMV in May 2020 they processed all my application for REAL ID, they took copy of my i797 and accepted the fees. They even gave me the receipt saying i should expect my REAL ID in 2 weeks. So i thought we were good. Then we are in Jan 2021 now, i haven't received my REAL ID and i tried to call DMV they gave me the same line saying it's pending on my legal status. They told me to call the legal unit but the line is ALWAYS BUSY! I also don't know what to do at this point to get my REAL ID :(  hope someone who went through this could share some experience

F1 --> AOS 

filed I130, I131, 1485, I765 concurrently 7/10/2017

Notice of receipt  7/12/2017

Notice of bio appointment 7/22/2017

Bio(I765-I485) done 8/8/2017

I485 case ready to be scheduled for interview 8/15/2017

I765(EAD) over 90 days raised 1st SR on I765 10/13/2017

Receive SR response saying case is still under review 11/7/2017

Raised 2nd SR on I765 11/16/2017

Called USCIS to raise expedited request on I756 11/17/2017 

Made infopass appointment online and scheduled for next day 11/19/2017

Received response on 2nd SR and Expedited request saying your case is still under review 11/20/2017

Went to infopass appointment and officer put notes to NBC 11/20/2017

Received I797 EAD and AP approved and will be mailed separately 11/27/2017

Recevied notice on interview scheduled 4/13/2018

Interview at San Diego local office and approved 5/21/2018

Received greencard in the mail 5/27/2018

Filed i751 petition to remove conditions on residence 2/21/2020

Received notice of receipt on 2/27/2020

5 hours ago, HnZ said:

Hello, congrates on those who have received their greencards!

I filed my I751 from San Jose, California and received the I797 notice on Feb 27, 2020. 

Also received notice around May saying biometrics is not needed. 

On Dec 16, 2020, I received notice saying they transferred my case to National Benefits Center in MO. I haven't heard anything since. 

Does anyone know what's the potential reason they will transfer your case? Does that usually means the case will be delayed? 

I have a similar timeline and after transfer I got a notification that case is ready to be scheduled for interview. But Sometimes nbc approves you even without an interview. It is a progress either way better than just having nothing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just curious: Does any have MSC as their service center? Or heard about it

There is very limited info on its processing times and cases even on the USCIS website. 

It's not listed as a processing center for I-741 on the website. 

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/26/2021 at 8:05 PM, androidhk89 said:

Just curious: Does any have MSC as their service center? Or heard about it

There is very limited info on its processing times and cases even on the USCIS website. 

It's not listed as a processing center for I-741 on the website. 

Thanks!

The forum has a thread for MSC filers

. y

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.