dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arewa said:

Got an RFE yesterday 26th feb, submitted the document immediately.

Got Documentarily Qualified today. Whoop whoop. 

I'm happy, and i am hoping for a miracle concerning the ban.

But then, myself and Hubby are very happy. 🎊

Congrats 🎈 

what is your submission date pls

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Piet&dani said:

OMG!!! 

DQ!!

1st and only submission 

FEBRUARY 15th 2020!! 

I can’t believe it. Thank you all so much for your help along the way. 

Hey! Did you request for Expedite?  Congrats!

13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hey! Did you request for Expedite?  Congrats!

No, it was just a regular submission. In my opinion I think it has to do with the country/region. There’s no other logical reason some take longer than others. Maybe the NVC officers have specific areas they are in charge of, and my region has fewer applications? And thank you!! 💕🥳 I can’t believe it. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
On 2/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, Adeya said:

Congrats to all those who got there DQ 

very happy for you guys 😊 hope i hear something before Friday 

I hope you will too. It's been a while now for you. Fingers crossed :)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
23 hours ago, PoojaCh said:

Can anyone let me know that ds 5540 needs to be submitted now? I selected no in public charge in ds-260 and submitted the document on 25th feb around 1 am. Highly appreciate your response!

I wish I could help you but I have no idea and don't want to mislead you. Take care :)

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

I hope you will too. It's been a while now for you. Fingers crossed :)

🙏🏼Amen dear ... same to you 🌹

Edited by Adeya

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

I wish I could help you but I have no idea and don't want to mislead you. Take care :)

Alix

I read on uscis official website that the form is needed for people who wants to adjust the status while living in America. Not for people who have filed regular I-130 and so on. I was worried reading all the things on fb and VJ but then I checked their official site and that’s what they say. :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Piet&dani said:

OMG!!! 

DQ!!

1st and only submission 

FEBRUARY 15th 2020!! 

I can’t believe it. Thank you all so much for your help along the way. 

Wowwww! Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 that's awesome!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Piet&dani said:

No, it was just a regular submission. In my opinion I think it has to do with the country/region. There’s no other logical reason some take longer than others. Maybe the NVC officers have specific areas they are in charge of, and my region has fewer applications? And thank you!! 💕🥳 I can’t believe it. 

I was hoping it was alphabetical by country 😂 (Algeria)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, PoojaCh said:

I read on uscis official website that the form is needed for people who wants to adjust the status while living in America. Not for people who have filed regular I-130 and so on. I was worried reading all the things on fb and VJ but then I checked their official site and that’s what they say. :) 

I don't think this is correct. below is from USCIS's website. I would complete and upload the form or take it with you to the interview in case they ask for it. 

Q. Who is subject to the public charge inadmissibility ground? 

A. Unless specifically exempted by Congress (such as refugees, asylees, certain self-petitioners under the federal Violence Against Women Act, and certain T and U nonimmigrant visa applicants), aliens subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility are those seeking: 

• Immigrant or nonimmigrant visas abroad;  

• Admission to the United States on immigrant or nonimmigrant visas; and 

• Adjustment of their status to that of a lawful permanent resident from within the United States.  

Most lawful permanent residents are not subject to inadmissibility determinations, including public charge inadmissibility, upon their return from a trip abroad. But some lawful permanent residents can be subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility because specific circumstances dictate that they be considered applicants for admission. 

Here is the link if anyone wishes to read it. https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/public-charge

Edited by NM2001

I appreciate everyone in this forum, thanks so much for your inputs. Now it is my turn to give back to this community here. 

I added my daughter(a yr birthday tomorrow) on Feb 1st. 2020 as Accompanying. (Placed under review.)

Submitted all docs for the Wifey on Feb 11th.

Got DQ yesterday 26th.

Updated daughter to approved and pay now yesterday but 2hrs later, daughter column was removed by NVC (petition does not allow derivative status.)

Called NVC this morning, told me same thing.

Notes: I submitted only 2018 tax transcripts, but got Employment verification letter that shows current income above poverty level.

Thanks everyone.

3 hours ago, Arewa said:

Got an RFE yesterday 26th feb, submitted the document immediately.

Got Documentarily Qualified today. Whoop whoop. 

I'm happy, and i am hoping for a miracle concerning the ban.

But then, myself and Hubby are very happy. 🎊

Congrats. I pray it is as fast as this for all. As for the ban we are there together. Lord will make a way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, NM2001 said:

I don't think this is correct. below is from USCIS's website. I would complete and upload the form or take it with you to the interview in case they ask for it. 

Q. Who is subject to the public charge inadmissibility ground? 

A. Unless specifically exempted by Congress (such as refugees, asylees, certain self-petitioners under the federal Violence Against Women Act, and certain T and U nonimmigrant visa applicants), aliens subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility are those seeking: 

• Immigrant or nonimmigrant visas abroad;  

• Admission to the United States on immigrant or nonimmigrant visas; and 

• Adjustment of their status to that of a lawful permanent resident from within the United States.  

Most lawful permanent residents are not subject to inadmissibility determinations, including public charge inadmissibility, upon their return from a trip abroad. But some lawful permanent residents can be subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility because specific circumstances dictate that they be considered applicants for admission. 

Here is the link if anyone wishes to read it. https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/public-charge

Argh! It’s so confusing. I submitted my civil documents without ds5540 form. I hope they don’t ask for it later. I will definitely take it to the interview just in case they ask.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, PoojaCh said:

Argh! It’s so confusing. I submitted my civil documents without ds5540 form. I hope they don’t ask for it later. I will definitely take it to the interview just in case they ask.

I hear ya! but if you just submitted the documents recently, you can still add under additional documents, I originally submitted everything on the 23rd but I uploaded the public charge form in there yesterday, it resets me a few days but that is better than waiting another 2 months if they ask for it later. hopefully you don't have any issues and get DQ'd soon. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.