dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
14 hours ago, stech786 said:

I didn't know, doctors send report to embassy? Don't they give you the results and we take it our embassy?

In some embassies, medical results are sent directly to them, but in other you have to pick up your results then bring them to the embassy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, Avish06 said:

Case status directly change from ' at nvc ' to ' at transit' ?  My case DQ on 9th Dec 19 but case status is still 'At NVC'.  Is it normal?

No that's not normal top go to In transit to At NVC with no interview date. Have you called them and asked do you have an interview date. It also could have been a mistake. Or because everything is now electronic your file was sent. Not sure. I think they are still working out the kinks on their status.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, SC97 said:

How long usually does it take for the doctor to send your medical report to the embassy?

Depends on the country. We have no idea what country you are referring to. Every country is different.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Hi guys, is this the passport/parcel collection method letter you suppose to bring to the interview after you register online for the interview as the first step?

unnamed.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, razorontour said:

Hoping someone can help, any tips on getting a mobile phone in the US fresh of the boat. Conscious I may have to get a pay as you go until I've got the credit profile to support a contract. Presume there's a group discussion for this but couldn't find one after a simple search. Thanks. 

Hi! my husband and I did a ton of research on the cheapest way to get a phone plan with data that wouldnt cost so much and we have been using Mint Mobile. We had a free trial period of a week, and then renewed it for three months to really see if it was the right plan for us. After that we just purchased the 1 year plan for 180$ because that way you still get the 15$ a month promo, otherwise you end up paying between 20 and 30 dollars I think. Good luck!

55 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

Hi! my husband and I did a ton of research on the cheapest way to get a phone plan with data that wouldnt cost so much and we have been using Mint Mobile. We had a free trial period of a week, and then renewed it for three months to really see if it was the right plan for us. After that we just purchased the 1 year plan for 180$ because that way you still get the 15$ a month promo, otherwise you end up paying between 20 and 30 dollars I think. Good luck!

Hey Cristina, that's great - thanks so much for this! 

4 hours ago, razorontour said:

Hoping someone can help, any tips on getting a mobile phone in the US fresh of the boat. Conscious I may have to get a pay as you go until I've got the credit profile to support a contract. Presume there's a group discussion for this but couldn't find one after a simple search. Thanks. 

Did you had your interview yet? How was it?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

6 hours ago, razorontour said:

3 hours ago, razorontour said:

Hey Cristina, that's great - thanks so much for this! 

I second mint mobile too. Not just for fresh of the boat folks. I've been using mint for 3 years now. I pay yearly $200 and that's it! 3GB of data is more than enough for me. Compared that to paying $80 to T-Mobile was a waste considering Mint runs on T-Mobile network. I plan on getting my wife similar plan when she arrives.

11 hours ago, Caresse33 said:

Did you had your interview yet? How was it?

Yes I had it yesterday and they said they have everything they need to issue the visa. But waiting to get my passport back before declaring victory... 

The process itself was very straightforward. You get a ticket number from reception after going through security (everyone says to ignore the queue and head to the front to get a ticket number but in my case there was no queue so I completely bypassed the reception and had to come back down aha), then you wait in the immigrant visa area on the 1st floor which is near the cashier desk (it tells you on your ticket which windows to wait by). They call your number to check your docs first. Only had to hand over passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, confirmation of booking to return passport and police certificate. Then you wait some more then get called for the interview portion. Asked 3 questions: how did you meet, what does your wife do, will you do the same job you do now in the States. Told all done and should get passport back in a couple weeks. 

One thing to note, they take your ticket number away from you when they check your docs. I got confused with my number and actually missed it when I got called for the interview part. Luckily I realised very quickly and the CO kindly interviewed me after the next customer. Later realised that my number is the last 4 characters of the bar code sticker they leave you with. Anyway moral of the story is to memorise your queue number and pay attention to the screen that shows who is up next. 

15 hours ago, Cristina280390 said:

Just had a quick look on their website and I see they have a referral program. So if you have a code to share then please send it to me so if I sign up you get the reward for it! 

46 minutes ago, razorontour said:

Yes I had it yesterday and they said they have everything they need to issue the visa. But waiting to get my passport back before declaring victory... 

The process itself was very straightforward. You get a ticket number from reception after going through security (everyone says to ignore the queue and head to the front to get a ticket number but in my case there was no queue so I completely bypassed the reception and had to come back down aha), then you wait in the immigrant visa area on the 1st floor which is near the cashier desk (it tells you on your ticket which windows to wait by). They call your number to check your docs first. Only had to hand over passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, confirmation of booking to return passport and police certificate. Then you wait some more then get called for the interview portion. Asked 3 questions: how did you meet, what does your wife do, will you do the same job you do now in the States. Told all done and should get passport back in a couple weeks. 

One thing to note, they take your ticket number away from you when they check your docs. I got confused with my number and actually missed it when I got called for the interview part. Luckily I realised very quickly and the CO kindly interviewed me after the next customer. Later realised that my number is the last 4 characters of the bar code sticker they leave you with. Anyway moral of the story is to memorise your queue number and pay attention to the screen that shows who is up next. 

Sounds easy enough, it’s sound like it’s just a formality. Did they said how long you have to wait for your passport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ritaogh said:

I had my interview yesterday at Lagos embassy and was approved!!!! Wish everyone the best in the process. Thanks to all who volunteered information and advice during this process. 

Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mac_skendy said:

Congratulations

Thank you so much

3 minutes ago, mac_skendy said:

Congratulations

Please am I just to wait for DHL to contact me or what else am I suppose to do after the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.