dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Iscir said:

thanks, that's what i'm thinking. I will bring them just in case!! And sorry my question got merged with the post congratulating you, it did that automatically 😢  

no worries! When's your interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DKing said:

We brought pictures from before filing and after, but they never asked for it at all. it was good to have just in case tho

did you bring them on regular paper or printed on photographic paper? i'm not sure what to do, i'm overthinking everything 😢

Just now, DKing said:

no worries! When's your interview?

This wednesday!!! I'm so excited and nervous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Iscir said:

did you bring them on regular paper or printed on photographic paper? i'm not sure what to do, i'm overthinking everything 😢

printed on regular paper. I took pictures from facebook too, and just screenshotted them with the dates they were uploaded. 

you ARE overthinking, but personally i think its fine cause I was also overthinking everything, wanted to be as prepared as i could be. Yeah we didnt need half the things I put together, but it made me feel better having them, and the process of putting them together took my mind off my my nervousness for a little bit

15 hours ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Amazing news!!!! Big congrats to you both. Remember that it may take a day or so longer because you are inter state. And I may have got super lucky too, so if it does not come in a few days don't stress. You're done and it will be in your hands very soon.

Good luck on the journey ahead

Thanks, Andy!  It feels pretty awesome.  Good luck to you and all the best!

15 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Alright look at all this joy. Love it. Congratulations.

Thank you and more thanks to you for organizing these threads and spreadsheets.  They're so helpful, and I appreciate your work very much.  Happy weekend!

Our ROC story so far...
1/3/2022: I-751 sent via USPS Priority Mail; delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 1/5
1/6/2022: CC processed for filing and biometric fees
1/7/2022: Received receipt # via text
1/15/2022:  Received NOA and 24-month extension letter
1/22/2022:  Received biometrics appointment letter
2/8/2022:  Biometrics appointment
10/2/2023:  SURPRISE!  We received the I-751 approval letter and 10-year green card without an interview.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, Bking said:

Hey guys just left my interview and I we got approved!!!!

Thank you so much to the people who were there with us throughout. Big shout-out to @Sea Leslie and @dwheels76 

Now just to wait on the visa to come back. He asked us how we met, how long we been together and pretty much said this is a straightforward case. Confirmed some stuff and said he's waiting on one thing from D.C. but that's it!

Congratulations!

41 minutes ago, stech786 said:

on my CEAC login it says, VISA CLASS C21??

I thought I was IR-1, since I'm a US citizen? When I submitted my i-130 I was green holder in 2018, became USC Mar 2019. upgraded my petition to IR-1 In June..etc

why does it says VISA CLASS C21

I could be wrong but IR1 is when you have been married for 2 years or more and CR1 is less than 2 years. VJ family correct me if I am wrong? 

Just now, Caresse33 said:

I could be wrong but IR1 is when you have been married for 2 years or more and CR1 is less than 2 years. VJ family correct me if I am wrong? 

Here is email I got back in May 2018 from USCIS, saying that my petition is IR

“A systems check indicates your constituent’s petition has been upgraded to IR status. Once a petition has been upgraded, the processing time is approximately 90 – 120 days. Please advise your constituent that USCIS processing times do not necessarily reflect the availability of a Visa. As a general rule, we try to keep a minimum six-month buffer between adjudication and when a visa becomes available. You and your constituent may monitor our processing times, which are updated at least monthly, on the USCIS website at:

Only reason why I got to this stage of waiting for IL, because I was IR category.

1 hour ago, Bking said:

Just went to pick up My passport! This feels so amazing and yup they state that it was done using CEAC I won't have a packet to hand carry. Now just sell my car, buy a ticket and pack!!!! 

💃🕺

1 minute ago, stech786 said:

Here is email I got back in May 2018 from USCIS, saying that my petition is IR

“A systems check indicates your constituent’s petition has been upgraded to IR status. Once a petition has been upgraded, the processing time is approximately 90 – 120 days. Please advise your constituent that USCIS processing times do not necessarily reflect the availability of a Visa. As a general rule, we try to keep a minimum six-month buffer between adjudication and when a visa becomes available. You and your constituent may monitor our processing times, which are updated at least monthly, on the USCIS website at:

Only reason why I got to this stage of waiting for IL, because I was IR category.

Oh ok I am sorry , not too sure how to advise here. I was also upgraded in August 2019 and my visa category is showing IR1 on CEAC. Maybe it’s best to give them a call or enquire with your embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.