dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2020

725 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, SorrowL said:

New I-864 rules do not effect those with ready existing approved I-864s and those who send in I-864s before the February 24th deadline. POE officials normally do not request supplemental or amended paperwork after visa issuance regarding the case.

Oh ok..thank you

3 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

yep, and imo very unlikely that CBP will be told to review paperwork anyways since they are not trained to do so

If they did, gosh can you imagine those lines!? Would rather travel to Canada and walk across a land border port of entry than wait for 3 officers to process paperwork from a plane of 400 people.

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, SorrowL said:

If they did, gosh can you imagine those lines!? Would rather travel to Canada and walk across a land border than wait for 3 officers to process paperwork from a plane of 400 people.

Right! Lol would be ridiculous.. I hate to even picture it!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, jade20 said:

No info yet, I called and they said it’s still with the embassy so I’ll just wait till the two weeks is up

Nawa o. It's okay. But it's not like other previous ones before you. Some got theirs 3days after the interview. Well, my interview is on 13th. It seems I will update my info back to PH pick up cuz I can't stay in Lagos for more 2 weeks after the interview.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Odiegwu said:

Nawa o. It's okay. But it's not like other previous ones before you. Some got theirs 3days after the interview. Well, my interview is on 13th. It seems I will update my info back to PH pick up cuz I can't stay in Lagos for more 2 weeks after the interview.

I got mine 3 days after my interview, you never can tell..some wait for 10 working days while some just 3 working days,be optimistic, yours might be available after 3 working days...

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sk&Du said:

Interview questions: 

How you met your spouse, how long have you known each other, what was your wedding date? 

It was approved but they need attestation of age document sent before issuing visa.

Congratulations... pls get the attestation Asap and drop it at the dhl office... all the best

Timeline
11 hours ago, Odiegwu said:

@mac_skendy @dwheels76 please what do you think about entering the US (port of entry) after the ban has gone into effect with a valid cr1 visa?

I don't think it will

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sk&Du said:

Interview questions: 

How you met your spouse, how long have you known each other, what was your wedding date? 

It was approved but they need attestation of age document sent before issuing visa.

Congrats, do sharp sharp about the attestation of birth...

28 minutes ago, Ramar1 said:

Husband visa APPROVED!! THIS JOURNEY IS FINALLY OVER! THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY! You were a blessing 

Congratulations...

Timeline
2 hours ago, King Salz said:

I got mine 3 days after my interview, you never can tell..some wait for 10 working days while some just 3 working days,be optimistic, yours might be available after 3 working days...

Sure! I understand. 3 working days gonna be my portion 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mac_skendy said:

Congratulations... pls get the attestation Asap and drop it at the dhl office... all the best

Yes oo sharp sharp. Thank God, I have mine ready while waiting for the date... Nawa oo! I have no idea such document will be ask for...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Odiegwu said:

Sure! I understand. 3 working days gonna be my portion 

Man I would hope that would be the case for me. The CO (who was very nice btw) told me to allow 5-7 days and I've been checking case status the entire time lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.