Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, wingman23 said:

We'll find out once the people got approved without biometrics receive their cards.

Some here got i485 approved without interview so i do believe that these are legit approvals. We just don't and won't know the logistics of it.

Hoping for the best and trying not to go crazy here 😂

18 hours ago, wingman23 said:

We'll find out once the people got approved without biometrics receive their cards.

Some here got i485 approved without interview so i do believe that these are legit approvals. We just don't and won't know the logistics of it.

15 hours ago, CMM said:

Hoping for the best and trying not to go crazy here 😂

I'll certainly update if I receive the card or a notice for a biometrics appointment. Our local ASC opens on the 27th so I'll call up this week to see if they have more information for us. Apparently we should have a letter arriving by the 30th following the approval.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

1 hour ago, Nick&Darina said:

Hi,

I wanted to update that yesterday i received the text messages and emails that the AP and EAD were approved.  We had the biometrics completed on March 16th.

Congratulations! Let us know when you receive card in the mail. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All!

I’ve been just a reader for a long time and glad to join the community and this thread. Hope my info will be helpful too.

Here is my timeline:

Marriage-based GC, AOS from K-1

2/03 - PD

2/25 - Fingerprints were taken

3/19 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/26 - New Card ordered

6/30 - Form I-765 Approved

7/17 - Card was mailed 

Will keep updated. Best of luck to everyone waiting here!🙂

22 minutes ago, Al23 said:

Hi All!

I’ve been just a reader for a long time and glad to join the community and this thread. Hope my info will be helpful too.

Here is my timeline:

Marriage-based GC, AOS from K-1

2/03 - PD

2/25 - Fingerprints were taken

3/19 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview

6/26 - New Card ordered

6/30 - Form I-765 Approved

7/17 - Card was mailed 

Will keep updated. Best of luck to everyone waiting here!🙂

Congrats! 🎉

My I-765 was approved 6/30, so based on your timeline I hope to get it next week 🤞

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

Congrats! 🎉

My I-765 was approved 6/30, so based on your timeline I hope to get it next week 🤞

Thanks!!! Pretty sure u will get some good news very soon👍 
When I will have EAD card in hands, and hopefully SSN then, I will update info

Edited by Al23

I stop by ASC in this morning to figure out the possibility of walk-in, and as expected, the answer is NO. 

But, the good thing is, they are working and some people are holding new biometric appointment letters on their hands. 

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

1 hour ago, Magna said:

I stop by ASC in this morning to figure out the possibility of walk-in, and as expected, the answer is NO. 

But, the good thing is, they are working and some people are holding new biometric appointment letters on their hands. 

Very good information, thanks for sharing!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

We received the official paper NOAs for both EAD and AP in the mail on Saturday. Our status is "Case is approved" for both since 7/14. Waiting anxiously to get that Informed Delivery email lol 👀

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

I called USCIS this morning at 8 am EST.  They have upgraded their phone systems since we went through the K-1 process, so I'm happy about that.  They also made me act in the capacity of translator in order for them to get permission from Claudia for me to speak on her behalf.

The representative that I spoke with said that letters are starting to go out. 

What was noteworthy was that if biometrics "are already on file from some other source," then they are skipping biometrics, depending on ASC in a person's area.  Other than that, he said that we should expect something in the mail soon regarding biometrics.

My wait time was less than 5 minutes to get to a live person.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, TandClaudia said:

I called USCIS this morning at 8 am EST.  They have upgraded their phone systems since we went through the K-1 process, so I'm happy about that.  They also made me act in the capacity of translator in order for them to get permission from Claudia for me to speak on her behalf.

What was noteworthy was that if biometrics "are already on file from some other source," then they are skipping biometrics, depending on ASC in a person's area.  Other than that, he said that we should expect something in the mail soon regarding biometrics.

That's very interesting thank you. For us, our case is approved and when we called to ask when our new biometrics was going to happen they said it would be "bypassed". However, I still see no indication online that the card is being produced so I'm quite anxious. 

2 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Sounds real good. Hopefully you'll get something very soon!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

At that time, the wait is really negligible. But call around 11am or 1pm, wait is over 30minutes. Called Friday and Monday at those times, I waited 30 minutes or more  lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.