Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James120383 said:

ok thanks. can you share if you did receive biometrics appointment before and got cancelled due to covid ?

I did, I was initially scheduled for 03/24, then I got a revised notice for 04/08 (since they were expecting to close the ASCs only during March). Both were in Salt Lake City and both ended up being canceled. 

1 hour ago, TandClaudia said:

Friday Rant:

I know that USCIS and Dept of State are 2 different entities, but Claudia did fingerprints at her interview.  Given the circumstances, I would think that biometrics could be bypassed by those who have EAD and AP in process.

There.  I said it.  LOL

Happy Friday!

good one. USCIS apparently does the same thing again and again for useless things cause their processing manuals are stuck in the 1860's. They have to do the same thing again and again to waste time and resources and make everyone elses life miserable. Such a crappy system we have... 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
27 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

I did, I was initially scheduled for 03/24, then I got a revised notice for 04/08 (since they were expecting to close the ASCs only during March). Both were in Salt Lake City and both ended up being canceled. 

Is your name really Joe Ingles or are you just a fan of the Jazz player?

I am wondering, how many AOS people per day are they approving. Because there has to be a good amount being approved that arent on VJ. On that OPT Timeline website that someone posted...they are approving 1000ish a day (granted its a different kind of visa but still). We are only hearing from one or two of those people per day. The sample size on here is all off.

Edited by bodgie19

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

I am wondering, how many AOS people per day are they approving. Because there has to be a good amount being approved that arent on VJ. On that OPT Timeline website that someone posted...they are approving 1000ish a day (granted its a different kind of visa but still). We are only hearing from one or two of those people per day. The sample size on here is all off.

I was wondering this too at 2am when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. From the threads I read on this VJ Forum, there are some July 2019 AOSers still awaiting interviews!! I think they are almost through with July and not Sept 2019 AOSers are getting interview dates. Some Nov 2019 AOSers have gotten interview dates but it seemed rare. USCIS is supremely backlogged due to covid. The majority of DEC 2019 & JAN 2020 AOS filers haven't been scheduled for a green card interview yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cornflake said:

Same here. First "New card being produced", then "Case Approved". 

It's been 18 days since "Case Approved" and no movement (((

I did biometrics back in March. 

@Cornflake wow I hope you hear something soon. Judging by the Jan and Feb filers I am seeing that those who were approved June 22-June 30 have been receiving their this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed hopefully Saturday or Monday you can hear something. As for me I was only approved just last week July 7th... but I'm soo desperate lol

@wingman23 very smart! I wish I would've applied for my husband's SSN after he arrived in Jan 2020. I thought USCIS would be faster with delivering it than the SSA office when we applied for the EAD back in Feb, before Covid shut down the world completely! I wish I knew then what I know now. Congrats again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@wingman23 very smart! I wish I would've applied for my husband's SSN after he arrived in Jan 2020. I thought USCIS would be faster with delivering it than the SSA office when we applied for the EAD back in Feb, before Covid shut down the world completely! I wish I knew then what I know now. Congrats again!

my wife is the one who researched it all for me. all i have to do is to follow through with the application but processes and steps wise, she did all the work. lol

but then again, could not use the ssn without authorization so no work for me for 6 months now. boohoo!

1 hour ago, wingman23 said:

my wife is the one who researched it all for me. all i have to do is to follow through with the application but processes and steps wise, she did all the work. lol

but then again, could not use the ssn without authorization so no work for me for 6 months now. boohoo!

We went for the SSN on the second week of my arriving in the US (to let the i94 populate). We read on here that it was the quickest approach. Once you have an SSN you can do a lot more administrative things (doctors surgeries, added to your partners credit cards for credit building etc).

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

25 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

We went for the SSN on the second week of my arriving in the US (to let the i94 populate). We read on here that it was the quickest approach. Once you have an SSN you can do a lot more administrative things (doctors surgeries, added to your partners credit cards for credit building etc).

I wish I'd have known. I applied for it with the AOS. Is it too late to do it at this stage or can you get it taken care of still?

1 minute ago, bodgie19 said:

I wish I'd have known. I applied for it with the AOS. Is it too late to do it at this stage or can you get it taken care of still?

I don't think there's any issue with doing it at the same time but I could be wrong. I'd definitely find out from an official resource before doing so. I can't imagine it would affect you in any way negatively though.

The only thing is you have to wait for a while indoors at the Social Security office, also worthwhile checking that they're open.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, bodgie19 said:

At what stage are you at on your I-765? If already approved or card being produced, your ssn follows since you ticked the ssn field in that application. If you are still waiting, no harm to go to ssa and request for one. Once you have it and they approved your I-765, ssa will be able to see it and won't create another one. 

Yap, check if they are open. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.