Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I have a medical insurance question...my husband I recently moved to Houston Texas and we are both currently uninsured... He's the one applying for the green card...I'm wondering if it's worth getting insurance for the next 2 months til I start working in August? I'm also wondering if it's mandatory/required for him to be insured at all time due to the immigration rule? I just need some clarification. I would most definitely add him to my employer benefits when I start working. Thanks 😊

Timeline
On 6/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Lyubov said:

I don't think any of February filers had their interviews scheduled. It usually takes longer than that. If you look at January thread you will see that they are getting their EADs approved only now. So I'm afraid the interview stage is still a long way ahead for us.

Wow that's crazy but very good to know.

Unfortunately I still feel hopeless. There are lots of immigration lawyers on YouTube who got there source from a journal that communicates closely with Capitol Hill, who has announced that USCIS is now putting green card apps on hold AND furloughing 70% of USCIS staff next week if Congress does not bail them out financially. This is so heavy on my heart. How will EADs get approved now at this rate 😥

Timeline
On 6/15/2020 at 2:11 PM, Dis_Guy said:

I saw it. I think it's true but I'm just a regular person and no expert, I guess we'll see in the coming weeks/months.

14 hours ago, jcracked52 said:

USCIS has now resumed processing all I485 applications, so the "hold" is now off. The author of this article tweeted this: 

Nice! Thanks for the update.

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Dis_Guy said:

Nice! Thanks for the update.

I'd note that there were no official sources saying I-485 processing ever stopped.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

On 6/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, jcracked52 said:

USCIS has now resumed processing all I485 applications, so the "hold" is now off. The author of this article tweeted this: 

Sounds good since USCIS commented they begin to provide more in-person services. 

But, still, I have a bit doubt at both sides, i.e., USCIS comments and Roll Call news, since 

- USCIS hasn't taken any step for in-person services yet such as interview and biometrics notices, 

- USCIS still sends RFIE and RFE or even accepts the green cards with an interview waiver even these days. And this is the point where I have a question on the reliability of the news.

Who knows, the news may reflect things happens inside the USCIS and just shows minor inconsistency?

Likes others, I'm one of the random guys, just desperately wanting for the biometric letter. 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:28 AM, G&BN said:

Hello everyone, I have a medical insurance question...my husband I recently moved to Houston Texas and we are both currently uninsured... He's the one applying for the green card...I'm wondering if it's worth getting insurance for the next 2 months til I start working in August? I'm also wondering if it's mandatory/required for him to be insured at all time due to the immigration rule? I just need some clarification. I would most definitely add him to my employer benefits when I start working. Thanks 😊

Since you are the cohort of the February filer, I don't believe your husband is bound to the public charge rule; and, thus, securing health insurance may not be required by the USCIS policy. 

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Timeline
1 hour ago, Magna said:

Sounds good since USCIS commented they begin to provide more in-person services. 

But, still, I have a bit doubt at both sides, i.e., USCIS comments and Roll Call news, since 

- USCIS hasn't taken any step for in-person services yet such as interview and biometrics notices, 

- USCIS still sends RFIE and RFE or even accepts the green cards with an interview waiver even these days. And this is the point where I have a question on the reliability of the news.

Who knows, the news may reflect things happens inside the USCIS and just shows minor inconsistency?

Likes others, I'm one of the random guys, just desperately wanting for the biometric letter. 

Since you are the cohort of the February filer, I don't believe your husband is bound to the public charge rule; and, thus, securing health insurance may not be required by the USCIS policy. 

Thank you!!! 

32 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

I never ended up doing my biometrics (was scheduled for the week when they closed the ASCs), however I received the pink Courtesy Letter (requesting I bring I-693 during the interview) on 6/11. 

I honestly have no idea what this means, but I guess I-485s are now being processed? 

We just received the courtesy letter as well and we also didn’t get biometrics done before the closing. 

We just called today though to request expedited EAD processing. They should have his biometrics on file that he did for a previous visa. The agent submitted the request and said we should get an update (either approval/denial or request for documentation) in 5 days. 

Also, did you guys notice the processing times (I-130, I-485) went up to 3 years?

14 minutes ago, ko737 said:

We just received the courtesy letter as well and we also didn’t get biometrics done before the closing. 

We just called today though to request expedited EAD processing. They should have his biometrics on file that he did for a previous visa. The agent submitted the request and said we should get an update (either approval/denial or request for documentation) in 5 days. 

Also, did you guys notice the processing times (I-130, I-485) went up to 3 years?

That’s really interesting, best of luck with the request! My L1 expires in October and been heavily considering the expedite request route - was just going to wait for the biometrics first. 

Please keep us in the loop on how this progresses.

38 minutes ago, JoeIngles said:

That’s really interesting, best of luck with the request! My L1 expires in October and been heavily considering the expedite request route - was just going to wait for the biometrics first. 

Please keep us in the loop on how this progresses.

My H1b also expires in October. I am toying with idea to expedite in August. 

When did you submit your application?

1 minute ago, Ihatebaseboards said:

My H1b also expires in October. I am toying with idea to expedite in August. 

When did you submit your application?

2nd last week of February - had my biometrics scheduled for March 23rd so they never really happened. Until this pink document, I never really received any update from them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.