Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Verteres said:

We mailed quite a few applications right before the Feb. 24 deadline (that weekend), and we just received a good amount of the receipts yesterday. I think they got a huge influx and just starting to ship out those receipts. 

I agree with this.  Same timeline. 

Part of this process is getting used to thinking in terms of weeks and months, and not days or hours.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
9 hours ago, Distantlove718 said:

Where can we check that ? Also what are the sites to check the status on aod,ead and ap. 

thanks!

?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed mine Feb 23 and received on the 25th. Now i’m super nervous cause one lady on my group chat says her packet got rejected even filing on feb21 and uscis received it feb24. She said they’re asking her for the new form. 

5 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

Filed mine Feb 23 and received on the 25th. Now i’m super nervous cause one lady on my group chat says her packet got rejected even filing on feb21 and uscis received it feb24. She said they’re asking her for the new form. 

Yes when a case is rejected  its like USCIS has never received or worked  your case and you have to start over. So yes they would  only accept the new forms for the re submission.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes when a case is rejected  its like USCIS has never received or worked  your case and you have to start over. So yes they would  only accept the new forms for the re submission.

I haven’t received any notice yet. So hopefully, ours will  go just fine. I sent it thru Fedex and postmarked by Feb23. I used express , but 23 was Sunday so they shipped it Monday feb24 and received it tuesdayfeb25

3 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

I haven’t received any notice yet. So hopefully, ours will  go just fine. I sent it thru Fedex and postmarked by Feb23. I used express , but 23 was Sunday so they shipped it Monday feb24 and received it tuesdayfeb25

You just made the cutoff your postmark is the 23rd. So barring something happening you should be ok. Keep us posted when you get your MSC numbers.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
32 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

Same thing here to. Mailed it on the feb23 with fedex. The shipped it on the feb24

I made sure to keep my receipt. It clearly states the 23rd on it.

Also still waiting anything. Check not cashed yes. (Send my husband to the bank this morning to check up on it).

The wait is ........not fun

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ella84 said:

Same thing here to. Mailed it on the feb23 with fedex. The shipped it on the feb24

I made sure to keep my receipt. It clearly states the 23rd on it.

Also still waiting anything. Check not cashed yes. (Send my husband to the bank this morning to check up on it).

The wait is ........not fun

We have the same filing date! Weew! Please notify me if you have noa1 already. I just found out the lady on my group  sent new versions of the forms (which is only needed when you file on or aftet feb24) that’s why she got rejected even tho she filed it before feb24, they were looking for the new public charge form too. 

Edited by SuperRoxy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

We have the same filing date! Weew! Please notify me if you have noa1 already. I just found out the lady on my group  sent new versions of the forms (which is only needed when you file on or aftet feb24) that’s why she got rejected even tho she filed it before feb24, they were looking for the new public charge form too. 

I will!!

Everybody needs support during this nail biting process

Timeline

I know right! It’s just, knowing you need to re-do it with the new form is devastating . It’s not a big deal if it’s the same form and no additional 18 pages form that you don’t have idea about.

47 minutes ago, SuperRoxy said:

Same here. 

• submitted via fedex: Feb 22. Was shipped by Fedex Feb 24.
  • delivered to USCIS: Feb 26. Signed for by J. Harper.

awaiting receipt notifications and debit....

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

On 3/4/2020 at 2:43 PM, Nativequeen said:

Here to join the wait...

02/21/20-AOS/EAD/AP Package mailed to USCIS via FEDEX

02/24/20-Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox signed by J.Harper 

03/11/2020- Received e-notifications from USCIS for all cases @12:21am

Edited by Nativequeen

38 minutes ago, Nativequeen said:

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.