Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, klgck said:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you! Mailed via USPS on Feb 21 and they received it Feb 24. Let's hope we hear back this week! 🙂They probably have soooo many last minute submissions, so I am sure they are busy haha (least that is what I tell myself!)

I'm right there with you guys!  

49 minutes ago, andyazcu said:

Had biometrics appt this afternoon in Brooklyn My husband waited about an hour for his number to be called but then the actual fingerprinting and photo took just a few minutes. 

Does anyone know how long it takes for the case status to be updated that his biometrics are complete?

Within 24 hours usually, but can take longer.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, PECS said:

I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131 package received on Feb 28th, haven't heard anything since..😞

Give it time. You are a week behind us. We just got ours. As Sarge says wisely, give us 30 business days. The texts will come out of the blue. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
13 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Within 24 hours usually, but can take longer.

Where can we check that ? Also what are the sites to check the status on aod,ead and ap. 

thanks!

Our status updated today to "fingerprints were taken" 😎

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

8 hours ago, ourwildjourney said:

Give it time. You are a week behind us. We just got ours. As Sarge says wisely, give us 30 business days. The texts will come out of the blue. 

Still waiting on ours! But we did receive good news -- my OPT was approved yesterday and so I'll be starting my new position April 1. Something to keep my mind off of things! :) 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Sent: Feb 20th

Recieved: Feb 24th

Snail mail receipts received: March 9th

No text messages despite sending in a G-1145, though. That a bad sign or is not getting text messages before snail mail not uncommon?

Also, should there be any worries about upcoming biometrics (or for people further along than us February filers, interviews) with the looming threat of quarantines for coronavirus? A poster a few posts earlier mentioned rescheduling biometrics being pretty easy, but is that something that can be done pretty close to the biometrics date? I'd hate to have symptoms and self-quarantine a couple days before biometrics, but I don't want to travel into a major city and potentially spread it. USCIS are humans and I imagine they'd understand, but I figure I might as well ask since I'm sure it's in the back of some of our minds.

1 hour ago, ConfusedVisaPerso said:

A poster a few posts earlier mentioned rescheduling biometrics being pretty easy, but is that something that can be done pretty close to the biometrics date?

You can do it by phone (ask for tier 2 officer to be sure, they are more apt) or by checking the box on the appointment notification and sending it back.

8 minutes ago, Poseidon1212 said:

You can do it by phone (ask for tier 2 officer to be sure, they are more apt) or by checking the box on the appointment notification and sending it back.

People even walk in earlier than their appointments and it seems to work 95% of the time!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 3/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, ennabaer said:

Hey, quick question. Does anyone know if you can reschedule the biometrics appointment? I haven’t gotten the letter yet but I am fearing that the appointment is gonna be super soon and during a time that is not very convenient for us. We just recently bought a house and are moving within the month. Also, the worst part is, we live 600 miles away from the field office, so flying last minute is ridiculously expensive for a 5 Minute appointment and driving there is going to take us at least 10 hours so I would like to be able to make some changes in case the scheduled appointment is not a good day for us. 

Some people even do a walk in earlier than their appointments and it seems to work big time!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, klgck said:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you! Mailed via USPS on Feb 21 and they received it Feb 24. Let's hope we hear back this week! 🙂They probably have soooo many last minute submissions, so I am sure they are busy haha (least that is what I tell myself!)

We mailed quite a few applications right before the Feb. 24 deadline (that weekend), and we just received a good amount of the receipts yesterday. I think they got a huge influx and just starting to ship out those receipts. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.