Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyKins said:

Just completed biometrics! Our notice was just for the I-485/I-765 (code 3) but while I was there I asked if they could do the I-131 as well. Thank goodness I did because, contrary to the tier 2 officer telling me I "wouldn't need biometrics for the I-131" (which we all know to be untrue), I did actually have a second appointment in the system for well into November. I was able to get the Code 3 for I-485/I-765 and Code 2 for I-131 all completed today.

One more step in the right direction! Now the wait continues ...

I couldn't get mine for i-131 :( but that's great for you!!

3 hours ago, LilyKins said:

Just completed biometrics! Our notice was just for the I-485/I-765 (code 3) but while I was there I asked if they could do the I-131 as well. Thank goodness I did because, contrary to the tier 2 officer telling me I "wouldn't need biometrics for the I-131" (which we all know to be untrue), I did actually have a second appointment in the system for well into November. I was able to get the Code 3 for I-485/I-765 and Code 2 for I-131 all completed today.

One more step in the right direction! Now the wait continues ...

so did you already know of another appointment in november. how did you find out about the 2nd app ?

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone! Quick question to you all; Today I went to the RMV in Boston to get my ID. I asked what was the process to apply for a learner's permit and the office told me I could not apply with the EAD. He said and I quote "USCIS believes you have the right to work but not to drive. Driving is a privilege" ?!!?!?!?!?!?! He said since the EAD card expires in less than a year (if you notice, your ead card expires one day before completing 1 year), I cannot apply for a learner's. Can anyone share their experience with me please? This sounds absurd. 

2 minutes ago, fabianafcm said:

Hello everyone! Quick question to you all; Today I went to the RMV in Boston to get my ID. I asked what was the process to apply for a learner's permit and the office told me I could not apply with the EAD. He said and I quote "USCIS believes you have the right to work but not to drive. Driving is a privilege" ?!!?!?!?!?!?! He said since the EAD card expires in less than a year (if you notice, your ead card expires one day before completing 1 year), I cannot apply for a learner's. Can anyone share their experience with me please? This sounds absurd. 

not true. DMV guy probably has no knowledge of immigration info. just go to another person. DMV folks can be crazier that USCIS phone reps 

duh

Timeline
7 minutes ago, James120383 said:

not true. DMV guy probably has no knowledge of immigration info. just go to another person. DMV folks can be crazier that USCIS phone reps 

Exactly, I was not given one but I was told either need an approved EAD, OR a valid passport with an I-94 stamp on it, OR an expired passport with an I-94 stamp PLUS a valid passport. Maybe this only applies to Oregon though, not sure if it’s the same in other states.

30 minutes ago, James120383 said:

so did you already know of another appointment in november. how did you find out about the 2nd app ?

No, I didn't -- I asked if it were possible to do the I-131 as well; the person who checked me in asked if I had an appointment notice, to which I said no, and then he asked if I had the receipt with me (which I did bring). He went to the supervisor who then looked it up and, unbeknownst to me, I had by chance already been scheduled for I-131 in Pittsburgh for a date in mid-November. I'm not sure if the notice just hadn't been mailed out yet or if I just haven't received it yet (will update if one comes). He printed the biometrics notice there and I gave biometrics twice: once for the code 3 (all 10 fingers and picture) and again for the code 2 (index finger and picture). They stamped and signed both notices -- the I-485/I-765 and the I-131 notice.

I should note that it was very, very quiet at the Hartford ASC. I was the only person there for the majority of the time I was there, until one applicant showed up close to when we were finishing. 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

9 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

No, I didn't -- I asked if it were possible to do the I-131 as well; the person who checked me in asked if I had an appointment notice, to which I said no, and then he asked if I had the receipt with me (which I did bring). He went to the supervisor who then looked it up and, unbeknownst to me, I had by chance already been scheduled for I-131 in Pittsburgh for a date in mid-November. I'm not sure if the notice just hadn't been mailed out yet or if I just haven't received it yet (will update if one comes). He printed the biometrics notice there and I gave biometrics twice: once for the code 3 (all 10 fingers and picture) and again for the code 2 (index finger and picture). They stamped and signed both notices -- the I-485/I-765 and the I-131 notice.

I should note that it was very, very quiet at the Hartford ASC. I was the only person there for the majority of the time I was there, until one applicant showed up close to when we were finishing. 

thanks for the info. I think its very much norm that ASC are empty and employees are bored as hell yet USCIS gives an excuse about COVID and limits. I dont think finger prints take more than 2 minutes to be done with an efficient office.  

duh

1 hour ago, fabianafcm said:

That’s absolutely false!!! Do your due diligence and check the rmv website. When my husband went I took the information from their website with us so when they acted stupid😒 (which they did), I showed them exactly what their website says. After which, they had no choice but to comply. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, fabianafcm said:

Boston RMV is notorious for doing such BS. Try going to revere RMV or just go to another person in their office. This whole ‘privilege’ ####### is just a uninformed employee flexing. My friend had similar issues and this was with their university i20. Her degree was 3 years and she went to get her license at 2 year point and they said the same thing. Just make sure to take your green card application receipt with you as added proof that your stay here is authorized long term 

On 9/17/2020 at 3:49 PM, Maria&Wirbir said:

My interview has been scheduled 🥳

PD FEB 24

BIOMETRICS AUGUST 24

NO EAD OR AP APPROVED YET

I had my interview today in Lawrence, MA. Got approved on the spot.

The officer separate us, first my husband then I, she asked me about our relation and his family; and my husband told me she asked him the same. After that, she call him and tell us “well everything is fine with you but you need the new form (Public Charge I-944)” I said I think I don’t need it, but there it is (I filled it just in case, I saw a person with same PD and they asked her for it and no approved due to lack of form. I tried to go well prepared), she asked for a minute and went to another office, when she go back she returned me all the documents and told me “you submitted your package on Feb 21 so you don’t need it, you’re approved and your residence will be mailing to you one to two weeks.”

I’m K1; she had everything there and didn’t asked me for anything extra. No evidence was required in my case.

12 minutes ago, Maria&Wirbir said:

I had my interview today in Lawrence, MA. Got approved on the spot.

The officer separate us, first my husband then I, she asked me about our relation and his family; and my husband told me she asked him the same. After that, she call him and tell us “well everything is fine with you but you need the new form (Public Charge I-944)” I said I think I don’t need it, but there it is (I filled it just in case, I saw a person with same PD and they asked her for it and no approved due to lack of form. I tried to go well prepared), she asked for a minute and went to another office, when she go back she returned me all the documents and told me “you submitted your package on Feb 21 so you don’t need it, you’re approved and your residence will be mailing to you one to two weeks.”

I’m K1; she had everything there and didn’t asked me for anything extra. No evidence was required in my case.

did they ask you any other question?

Just now, pkingking131 said:

Those were the questions.
How and where u met?
Did u know his parents and his father side brothers? 
Where u guys live?
How often did you see each other?

Then she confirmed some i-485 info and asked me the yes or no questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, pkingking131 said:

Anyone else who is not K1 have anything to share about their interview? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.