Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nativequeen said:

What’s the delay with February filers receiving biometrics and EAD/AP approvals?? I’ve already contacted my congressman and my next steps will be a lawyer. This is ridiculous!! my husband has not been able to work for almost 8 months. 

same here! I believe we are simply lost on computer automatic processes.

Clearly we were moved to the back of the queue  and everyone else got away with normal processing times

20 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Just wanted to update you--my husband had his AOS interview in Pittsburgh on 10/2. We were approved on the spot and received the i-551 stamp in his passport. The officer had said we'd receive the green card in the mail shortly, but our online status never changed. We just checked the mail and the i-485 approval notice and the actual green card (in separate envelopes) were in the mailbox! Our status still says "interview was scheduled" haha so I don't think the online status updates are reliable. Our online status had been updated for all the other steps prior to this last one. Hope you receive your green card soon!! 

This is exciting! So many Pittsburgh filers coming forward lately -- that's our field office too!! Congratulations ❤️ :) 

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally got our biometric appointment in mail today😃. It was initially scheduled for April 3rd and the new date is Oct 20th.

Filed on Feb 22nd.

EAD and AP status "Case received" 

54 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Biometrics Appointment Finally received after 9 months for 10/20/2020 

Did you get two biometrics appointments or just one?

I had a house move planned (Different states) and today just got my 485/765 appointment letter, after 7 months of waiting, for the day of the move...

That I can deal with my now I'm wondering if I'll be getting a second appointment notice for the 131 for like a week later 🤮

I called USCIS just now and asked if I had any new notices and explained the situation to the officer, he said he couldn't see the 131 appointment updated and apologized.

Edited by AsSoulsDream

1 minute ago, AsSoulsDream said:

Did you get two biometrics appointments or just one?

I had a house move planned (Different states) and today just got my 485/765 appointment letter, after 7 months of waiting, for the day of the move...

That I can deal with my now I'm wondering if I'll be getting a second appointment notice for the 131 for like a week later 🤮

Only 1 with CODE 3 for I-485. I l already have EAD/AP 

duh

4 hours ago, James120383 said:

tail end of COVID is the only reason.. Every thing got shut in march and Feb filers went into the back of the pile.   USCIS seems to do First out Last in whacko order 

The fact that they were not furloughed should’ve somewhat allowed them to stay on track. Our case is “outside of normal processing times” and honestly the agency doesn’t seem to be budging. 

Edited by Nativequeen

11 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Our EAD/ AP were not approved so we didn't have a combo card. We would've called USCIS to ask about it since our biometrics were completed back in early August, but our interview was scheduled a few weeks after biometrics so we decided to just wait. 

probably they will give you Gc then

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.