Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, B3M said:

Hey guys I've been noticing this pattern in USCIS processing times, for EAD 765 in National benefit Center.

Yesterday I've seen the Receipt date for a case inquiry as 19 February.

Today I checked and it's in 21 February.

So my point is, I think they are actually approving the February EADs based on postmark date, and It increases everyday as long as they keep going further.

Can anyone confirm this for me? has anyone filed before 20 and didn't get their EAD approved yet?

It would be great to have a way to tell EAD progress thru this!

Have a great day all! 

ead765.png

I have only a few, less certain ground, but it might be a good option for you (and for those who are still waiting for the biometric appointment) to ask representatives about any hold on your application.

I saw a couple of DP around July (before even tier 2 representatives lost their ability to arrange new appointments) regarding some unknown hold were placed on their applications that prevent rescheduling. (to the best of my knowledge, around that time, tier 2 representatives can handle this issue and can make an appointment for applicants.)

My best guess is USCIS may set some hold on the applications after they decided to close their offices due to the pandemic, and some applications still have a hold even after ASC resumed their services.

This is just my guess based on a couple of DP and clueless reasoning.

Edited by Magna

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Magna said:

I have only a few, less certain ground, but it might be a good option for you (and for those who are still waiting for the biometric appointment) to ask representatives about any hold on your application.

I saw a couple of DP around July (before even tier 2 representatives lost their ability to arrange new appointments) regarding some unknown hold were placed on their applications that prevent rescheduling. (to the best of my knowledge, around that time, tier 2 representatives can handle this issue and can make an appointment for applicants.)

My best guess is USCIS may set some hold on the applications after they decided to close their offices due to the pandemic, and some applications still have a hold even after ASC resumed their services.

This is just my guess based on a couple of DP and clueless reasoning.

I'm my case I actually already had my biometrics taken, I'm just waiting for them to finally decide to move on with my EAD

This gives me hope seeing they're updating the case date inquiry every day, and looks like they are crawling up thru date.

Might be nothing like that tho

5 hours ago, Maria&Wirbir said:

How was your interview??? Please keep us update 

Basically...interview went well (see more below), no mention of I-944, no mention of 90-day rule thing I was worried about (this probably doesn't concern most of you since this is under K-1 AOS, I am actually F-1 OPT AOS) , officer said she will submit the case for approval (*happy dance*) but that she needed to do a "last minute background check" and that it should get back to her in 20-30 mins, and she will update the case before 5pm today.
I have been nervously checking the tracking (she told me I will see it updated there TODAY) all day, and like every min since 5pm has come and gone. No updates yet...
Hoping that either she didn't get to it today, or the system update is being slow... (the officer was so nice tho, she even told me when she will be done with her last interview today and will def get to my case.... )
I also asked a friend who had the same process in the same field office (Pittsburgh) a couple years ago, and she had no such background check whatsoever. I am really not sure what this is...

Anyways, interview-wise, pretty straightforward!

- Went through most all the information on I-485 ad I-130 (she checked each item by red pen after asking me) I am so glad I read the application a few days ago again before going into the interview, otherwise I would have forgotten some small details.

-asked us to describe our relationship-either of us can answer, how did we meet, was there a proposal, what's your story - so all that she said in one go instead of multiple questions, so hubby just told our story! she wrote down a bunch of details, asked us who was there at the court wedding, how many guests were gonna be there at our now-postponed wedding ceremony, are we planning on having kids, are we planning on buying a house etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

-lastly she looked at all the documents I brought and took them all - photos (I had about 13 photos printed on 3 pages collage style lol) , bills, lease, wedding vendor contract (but the wedding is postponed for now) etc.
-told me that she will submit our case for approval, talked about the 2-year conditional GC, remember to file I-751 timely after ? days (I missed this part) because that could take 18 months to process.

BUT no updates like she promised yet!! As you can see on the notice, comes with the "please allow for 120-day ... " I can't wait another 120 days! I think I will make an infopass appointment if I don't get any updates this week, since the officer was so positive about everything..

PXL_20201005_211301679.jpg

6 hours ago, G&BN said:

Hey everyone, we are still waiting for our interview notice, it's been a month since our status updated to interview scheduled. I had a question about financial documents to bring to the GC interview...we used a cosponsor for both K1/AOS application so im curious if we need to bring cosponsor financial information for the interview? Also as a recent graduate I'm in between jobs currently and didn't file taxes this year (but did previous years) and my husband is currently job searching...I guess what im wondering is if all this financial stuff will affect us at the interview! Any input is appreciated! Thanks 😊

I will add to this; our interview is scheduled and I called USCIS 2 days later because I heard that they can often tell you the date and time. Surprise, the tier 1 officer couldn't tell us anything... BUT she mentioned that if another week passes to call and let them know. She said that many notices (letters) are going out PAST the interview date itself which is a huge headache. If I was you, I would have called USCIS about this yesterday! 

33 minutes ago, troseryensid said:

Basically...interview went well (see more below), no mention of I-944, no mention of 90-day rule thing I was worried about (this probably doesn't concern most of you since this is under K-1 AOS, I am actually F-1 OPT AOS) , officer said she will submit the case for approval (*happy dance*) but that she needed to do a "last minute background check" and that it should get back to her in 20-30 mins, and she will update the case before 5pm today.
I have been nervously checking the tracking (she told me I will see it updated there TODAY) all day, and like every min since 5pm has come and gone. No updates yet...
Hoping that either she didn't get to it today, or the system update is being slow... (the officer was so nice tho, she even told me when she will be done with her last interview today and will def get to my case.... )
I also asked a friend who had the same process in the same field office (Pittsburgh) a couple years ago, and she had no such background check whatsoever. I am really not sure what this is...

Anyways, interview-wise, pretty straightforward!

- Went through most all the information on I-485 ad I-130 (she checked each item by red pen after asking me) I am so glad I read the application a few days ago again before going into the interview, otherwise I would have forgotten some small details.

-asked us to describe our relationship-either of us can answer, how did we meet, was there a proposal, what's your story - so all that she said in one go instead of multiple questions, so hubby just told our story! she wrote down a bunch of details, asked us who was there at the court wedding, how many guests were gonna be there at our now-postponed wedding ceremony, are we planning on having kids, are we planning on buying a house etc. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

-lastly she looked at all the documents I brought and took them all - photos (I had about 13 photos printed on 3 pages collage style lol) , bills, lease, wedding vendor contract (but the wedding is postponed for now) etc.
-told me that she will submit our case for approval, talked about the 2-year conditional GC, remember to file I-751 timely after ? days (I missed this part) because that could take 18 months to process.

BUT no updates like she promised yet!! As you can see on the notice, comes with the "please allow for 120-day ... " I can't wait another 120 days! I think I will make an infopass appointment if I don't get any updates this week, since the officer was so positive about everything..

PXL_20201005_211301679.jpg

Wow thanks God they’re not asking for that. You’ll know u are gonna receive your approval. Congrats 🎊 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question for those who had interviews and got approved on the spot, how long til you case status change to “approved”. Had my interview today @ 11 am and got approved, case status still says “interview was scheduled” as of 8pm

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys. Long time no see, hope all is well! Congrats to everyone who got biometrics or interviews scheduled!

I thought I didn't have to contact USCIS again for a while. But USCIS never fails to deliver on errors.... I got my EAD in the mail yesterday. My husband sent me a picture of it, since I'm still abroad. And guess what: it's not a combo card as it should be. Amazing. 

My I-131 still reads expedite request denied from before I did biometrics (so basically it's still in the "case received" status). I figured I'd get a combo card anyway, but nope. So I guess I'll chat on emma today. I'm a bit nervous that they'll have me send back my EAD and then take months to send a corrected combo card. Any experiences with this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Happy Tuesday Folks, I wanted to update all with a reply to the 'processing time' related posts. My PD is 02/21 and yesterday marked the 7.5 month point. My case has biometrics already applied so I'm waiting for EAD to be processed next. 

Today the processing time table went to 'Feb 22, 2020'. No action so far on my case so I'm on hold with USCIS (45 min estimated wait time) to request a call from a tier 2. I have already sent a request to the congressman's office last week so I'm hoping collectively this will nudge things forward. Sharing this update for others waiting like me. Best of luck to one and all and congratulations to the recent interviewee!

Timeline
13 hours ago, JM1621 said:

Question for those who had interviews and got approved on the spot, how long til you case status change to “approved”. Had my interview today @ 11 am and got approved, case status still says “interview was scheduled” as of 8pm

March filer here. My husband's interview was on 10/2 and the officer approved us on the spot (even gave us the stamp in his passport), saying we'll receive the card in the mail shortly. The online status still says "interview was scheduled" as of this morning...

Edited by Plato123

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, probingoduke said:

Happy Tuesday Folks, I wanted to update all with a reply to the 'processing time' related posts. My PD is 02/21 and yesterday marked the 7.5 month point. My case has biometrics already applied so I'm waiting for EAD to be processed next. 

Today the processing time table went to 'Feb 22, 2020'. No action so far on my case so I'm on hold with USCIS (45 min estimated wait time) to request a call from a tier 2. I have already sent a request to the congressman's office last week so I'm hoping collectively this will nudge things forward. Sharing this update for others waiting like me. Best of luck to one and all and congratulations to the recent interviewee!

So attempt 1 got blocked. Apparently the Tier 1 agent refused to connect with Tier 2 agent stating that she can mark the 'out of processing time' request herself and I don't need to talk to a tier 2 agent. I mentioned over 4 times in different parts of the call that my case has fingerprints applied and has been sitting for 2 months without any activity and I'm hoping to get more information from a Tier 2 agent on what's happening. Well, I will try tomorrow to talk to a tier 2 agent again. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Plato123 said:

March filer here. My husband's interview was on 10/2 and the officer approved us on the spot (even gave us the stamp in his passport), saying we'll receive the card in the mail shortly. The online status still says "interview was scheduled" as of this morning...

Im starting to think the status will never change, we’ll just keep an eye out for the greencard in the mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.