Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Hi guys... my interview is on Monday and I just printed all the things!

I am bringing:

-all notices ever received from USCIS
-I-693 in sealed envelope
-apartment lease and renter's insurance, utility bill
-credit card statement with SO (petitioner) as an authorized user
-joint checking account statement
-joint investment account statement (just an online bank)
-wedding venue/cater vendor agreement (we married in front of a judge just the two of us in Jan, but was planning on having a bigger ceremony in Sept,,,postponed TBD at this point cuz of COVID :( otherwise there aren't really many things related to wedding itself)
-just a few photos of trips we took and some outdoor activities
-SO's W2s, tax transcript, pay stubs

Original and made copies of:
-marriage certificate
-both our birth certificates, translations
-passports, visa, I-94, licenses
-old EADs (didn't make copies tho)

Anything else I should add? I tried to add some more things that have both our names on it since the application in Feb, which is just the new lease/renter's insurance and wedding planning contracts. I-864 was already submitted of course but I did print the W2s and tax stuff just in case, but didn't print any of the immigration forms themselves (I-485,I-864 etc.)

A bit nervous...wish me luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, AsSoulsDream said:

This is no good man. Clear as day, he just told me what the tier 1 agents told me over-and-over: 'We don't have the ability to book you in... You have to wait until 90 days from reopening...'

I'm now planning on moving jurisdictions because we as a family can't keep waiting on the Manhattan ASC. 

Keep calling, you might get lucky as me. I tried a few times and nothing happened before but eventually it did

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, AsSoulsDream said:

I'm now planning on moving jurisdictions because we as a family can't keep waiting on the Manhattan ASC. 

That's a bit drastic isn't it? Moving to a different place just because the ASC/ field office works faster there... 

1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

That's a bit drastic isn't it? Moving to a different place just because the ASC/ field office works faster there... 

with a dysfunctional government i dont see why not if they can

duh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 minutes ago, James120383 said:

with a dysfunctional government i dont see why not if they can

Of course you can but giving up friends, family, jobs for that? I wouldn't want to move from Manhattan to..  idk. ... small town Idaho.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 9/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, mvasantos said:

Hey everyone!

I guess today was my lucky day with a tier 2 agent. He scheduled a bio appt for me! It's on next month but at least I finally have a date! He can't send the notice through e-mail yet unless it's 5 days before the appt but I'm supposed to get it in 10 days on the mail. I guess it's about trying and trying until you get somebody nice. I hope this is true though bc if it's not I'll be really sad.

Good luck everyone!

Did you have biometrics appointment scheduled before corona? Or this is the first one?   

15 hours ago, troseryensid said:

I am bringing:

-wedding venue/cater vendor agreement (we married in front of a judge just the two of us in Jan, but was planning on having a bigger ceremony in Sept,,,postponed TBD at this point cuz of COVID :( otherwise there aren't really many things related to wedding itself)

-marriage certificate

Anything else I should add? I tried to add some more things that have both our names on it since the application in Feb, which is just the new lease/renter's insurance and wedding planning contracts. I-864 was already submitted of course but I did print the W2s and tax stuff just in case, but didn't print any of the immigration forms themselves (I-485,I-864 etc.)

What time of day is your interview? We read somewhere that if it's morning, its pretty much a shoe in, afternoon appointments they save for any which may have further questions. (This could all be speculation however).

Make sure to bring anything they listed on your interview schedule letter. You've got slightly more than we do as we haven't managed to put too much in each others name due to COVID and delays (we're working on it though!). If you have each other as beneficiaries on life insurance etc that's also worthwhile bringing.

Any photos with SOs family is decent evidence as well, I think one of the red flags they look for is if either family is unaware of the marriage. We fortunately took a trip to Disney with my family back in Febuary and have managed to see SOs family during COVID.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Timeline
1 hour ago, NataBubu said:

Did you have biometrics appointment scheduled before corona? Or this is the first one?   

The first one

14 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Of course you can but giving up friends, family, jobs for that? I wouldn't want to move from Manhattan to..  idk. ... small town Idaho.

Not quite as drastic: Moving to be closer to family. If I don't have an EAD, then what's the point of staying in NYC. We're going to be closer to the beach, I can be a bum on the beach whilst waiting for USCIS. Can't wait here any longer. 

Edited by AsSoulsDream

Timeline

3 weeks waiting for my SSN and nothing. I keep calling the office and their response is: "these things take time..". Unbelievable. So frustrating. Waiting on that to apply for ID and driver's license. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, fabianafcm said:

3 weeks waiting for my SSN and nothing. I keep calling the office and their response is: "these things take time..". Unbelievable. So frustrating. Waiting on that to apply for ID and driver's license. 

I received my SSN card today finally! EAD was last week btw.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

anyone getting new EAD approvals recently? what about the new scheduled interviews, were any of them before the EAD

congrats to everyone for your progress!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, B3M said:

anyone getting new EAD approvals recently? what about the new scheduled interviews, were any of them before the EAD

congrats to everyone for your progress!

We received EAD card in early august but crickets in interviews. I have no idea when to expect an interview... hope soon...

On 10/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, troseryensid said:

I am bringing:

-marriage certificate

What’s ur PD??? I hear from someone postmarked on 21 but her PD was FEB 24 and the official asked about the form I-944 they said the system ask for that form. They give her 90 days to send the form and they proceed to approve her. I don’t know how real it is. My PD is 02/24 too this is driving me crazy my interview is soon 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Maria&Wirbir said:

What’s ur PD??? I hear from someone postmarked on 21 but her PD was FEB 24 and the official asked about the form I-944 they said the system ask for that form. They give her 90 days to send the form and they proceed to approve her. I don’t know how real it is. My PD is 02/24 too this is driving me crazy my interview is soon 

Was their package shipped through USPS? Or FedEx, UPS, DHL etc. ?

Edited by Manuel94

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.