Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Still no biometrics or any change in my status.. no SSN, no EAD, no responses to case inquiry, nothing. 02/28 and still waiting. At first I was disappointed, then sad, now I am angry, very angry.  

2 hours ago, NataBubu said:

Still no biometrics or any change in my status.. no SSN, no EAD, no responses to case inquiry, nothing. 02/28 and still waiting. At first I was disappointed, then sad, now I am angry, very angry.  

I'm feeling the same. It's so frustrating seeing all of these March and April filers getting their eads while we are still waiting. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

I just received my SSN card in the mail after almost a month of getting my EAD card 

I haven’t my SSN yet, it’s almost a month since i have my EAD.. still waiting 😄 

Timeline
On 9/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, LadySpiker said:

I also applied ssn because i called SSA office and was told that they don’t have my information from USCIS. Did you go to the SSA office personally? Or did they just provide you your number when called them?

I had to set an appointment, so i could go there personally. What happened was they couldn’t find me on file because USCIS MISPELLED MY NAME 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

they finally found that i did have an SSN issued to me, but it never arrived. So they issued me a replacement card with my corrected name.. and i’m still waiting to receive it 😄 they did give me my number, on the receipt for card replacement.

Did you guys see that they are applying the public charge rule retroactively??

https://www.uscis.gov/i-944

My question is about this part specifically “If you send your application or petition by commercial courier (for example, UPS, FedEx, or DHL), we will use the date on the courier receipt as the postmark date.”

We mailed our package before Feb 24, overnight shipping for Feb 22 delivery date, but on USCIS systems it says our forms were received Feb 24. We have already gotten EAD and case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

Do you think we will get RFE for I-944? 

Timeline
Just now, ko737 said:

My question is about this part specifically “If you send your application or petition by commercial courier (for example, UPS, FedEx, or DHL), we will use the date on the courier receipt as the postmark date.”

We mailed our package before Feb 24, overnight shipping for Feb 22 delivery date, but on USCIS systems it says our forms were received Feb 24. We have already gotten EAD and case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

I’m worried about this too.. and i’m already at the “ready to schedule for an interview” stage 😟

6 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

I’m worried about this too.. and i’m already at the “ready to schedule for an interview” stage 😟

Same here, this is so stressful! I wish we had applied just a few days earlier. I’m hoping since it is already ready to be scheduled for an interview that means they won’t be touching it anymore and it’s already on its way or sent to local offices. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, fionayuki said:

I'm feeling the same. It's so frustrating seeing all of these March and April filers getting their eads while we are still waiting. 

There are people who filed in June recieving their EADS and some of them who have completed their biometric 😢 

We honestly didn't think things would take this long before going this route or we would have opted for a CR1 visa

A lot of people with the 02/22 to 02/24 date are stuck in this weird limbo of no bio. All we can do is hope and pray, I for one have lost hope in this country's legal immigration system. 

Edited by CMM

1 hour ago, ko737 said:

I-944 is for AOS not for EAD. Most likely you will get a query 

duh

1 hour ago, INNSU09 said:

Retroactively ? ouch this has become a dog and pony show with this administration. Make up some thing so everyone's life is miserable. 

duh

2 hours ago, James120383 said:

I-944 is for AOS not for EAD. Most likely you will get a query 

2 hours ago, James120383 said:

Retroactively ? ouch this has become a dog and pony show with this administration. Make up some thing so everyone's life is miserable. 

Yeah I know it’s for AOS. I’m hoping we won’t get an RFE to complete it, it’s a time consuming form. We have our receipt from when we mailed it out saying it was shipped Feb 21. That should count as the post marked date, but who knows. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, ko737 said:

Yeah I know it’s for AOS. I’m hoping we won’t get an RFE to complete it, it’s a time consuming form. We have our receipt from when we mailed it out saying it was shipped Feb 21. That should count as the post marked date, but who knows. 

Here is an excerpt from their website: 

A Sept. 11, 2020, court decision allows the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to resume implementing the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds Final Rule nationwide.

Therefore, we will apply the public charge final rule to all applications and petitions postmarked or submitted electronically on or after Feb. 24, 2020, including pending applications and petitions. If you send your application or petition by commercial courier (for example, UPS, FedEx, or DHL), we will use the date on the courier receipt as the postmark date.

Just like it was before this weird back-and-forth mess, if you sent your package before 2/24 (and ideally kept your receipt, like you did) I think we should be fine. Don't lose too much sleep over it. If you weren't worried before this, I don't think you need to start worrying now.

Also, here's a general update on my status: One week after my biometrics were taken, my I-485 updated to "ready to be scheduled for an interview". It skipped the fingerprints taken status completely, and none of my other cases has any updates. Seems like a lot of our cases have probably just been sitting there for weeks or months, until they finally get those stupid biometrics.

(And since I sent my application on 2/22 as well and just got this update like 2h ago, I think that's another indicator that as long as you sent it before the 24th, you're fine🙃)

Edited by Basil123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.