Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, probingoduke said:

Happy Monday folks! I have been keeping an eye on the EAD approval tool here on VJ and have been noticing a spike in late march/early April filers. I haven't seen any Feb. filers being approved, are most folks here already in EAD/AP approved status?

We took our biometrics 2 weeks ago and haven’t received any updates/approvals. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

Pretty sure it’s only valid for 60 days before you file, then it’s good for 2 years while application is in progress

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-policy-manual-update

You got something pretty wrong there. It only has to be valid by the time you file. Your interview can be 5 years later and you would still be fine.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Case status for i485 just got updated to interview has been scheduled. Hoping its not for like a month or so...i need time to finish gathering all our stuff. Happy Monday though...progress is progress

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, NKDL said:

Case status for i485 just got updated to interview has been scheduled. Hoping its not for like a month or so...i need time to finish gathering all our stuff. Happy Monday though...progress is progress

That's wonderful news!! Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've been gone from this thread for a about 4.5 weeks. The last time I was here people were waiting for Biometrics to be rescheduled. It looks like a lot of people got their reschedule dates and are awaiting EAD updates. How many of you all were scheduled for interviews already?

Timeline
Just now, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I've been gone from this thread for a about 4.5 weeks. The last time I was here people were waiting for Biometrics to be rescheduled. It looks like a lot of people got their reschedule dates and are awaiting EAD updates. How many of you all were scheduled for interviews already?

Still waiting for biometrics unfortunately - PD: 02/26

11 hours ago, Manuel94 said:

Still waiting for biometrics unfortunately - PD: 02/26

In the same boat -- PD 02/25.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

17 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

You got something pretty wrong there. It only has to be valid by the time you file. Your interview can be 5 years later and you would still be fine.

Source?! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

Source?! 

You're talking about medical done inside the US, which is valid for 2 years and can't be done more than 60 days before the underlying petition is filed.

The other users are talking about K1 medical done outside the US, which is valid "forever" as long as you file for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical.

Remember that this topic is under the K1 section of the forum. And 99% of K1 don't do the medical in the US.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, NKDL said:

did it just update on the website? or did it just come in the post?

2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

You're talking about medical done inside the US, which is valid for 2 years and can't be done more than 60 days before the underlying petition is filed.

The other users are talking about K1 medical done outside the US, which is valid "forever" as long as you file for AOS within 1 year of the date of the medical.

Remember that this topic is under the K1 section of the forum. And 99% of K1 don't do the medical in the US.

Wow I had no idea this was a K1 forum specifically, thought it was all AOS! I’ll bow out and find the right thread LOL. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, brainless69 said:

did it just update on the website? or did it just come in the post?

It updated on tbe case tracker app thingy...the website seems to always be like a day or so behind for me but tracker app has always updated first.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 9/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, INNSU09 said:

call your local SSA office, they can check your Alien number on file if USCIS granted one for you.

i just got back from my SSA appointment, my EAD was approved last month but still had no SSN, so i applied one for myself.

upon speaking to the SSA officer, apparently USCIS applied one for me BUT i never got it. So the officer gave me my number, and issued a replacement card for me. 

I just received my SSN card in the mail after almost a month of getting my EAD card 

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.