Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Moxman said:

Welcome to VJ, also Welcome to Alabama, lots of eastern Europeans live here especially near the beach. I hope you enjoy it!

Yes, I like it here a lot. The coast is beautiful and the food is delicious 😊

2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You can only get that removed once you have your GC. It does not affect the SS card in any way.

Hello, Sarge. Talking about GC and SS card... just wondering... did your wife follow the Filipino way of changing the middle name? If you don’t mind sharing. I keep reading different answers lol. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this. Thanks a lot! 

7 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Hello, Sarge. Talking about GC and SS card... just wondering... did your wife follow the Filipino way of changing the middle name? If you don’t mind sharing. I keep reading different answers lol. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask this. Thanks a lot! 

Yes she followed her tradition and had no problems. I might add she did it during the submission of the I-485.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

22 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You can only get that removed once you have your GC. It does not affect the SS card in any way.

Thanks Sarge.

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, viktoriiam said:

Hello everyone!

Do you know how much time they give you now between getting a notification that the interview was scheduled and the interview itself? Thank you!

Hey there! In my case i got the notification that my case was ready to be scheduled for an interview April 23rd, 2020 but I didn’t get an appointment date until July 16th, 2020. The interview it self was on August 20th, 2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, INNSU09 said:

call your local SSA office, they can check your Alien number on file if USCIS granted one for you.

i just got back from my SSA appointment, my EAD was approved last month but still had no SSN, so i applied one for myself.

upon speaking to the SSA officer, apparently USCIS applied one for me BUT i never got it. So the officer gave me my number, and issued a replacement card for me. 

I also applied ssn because i called SSA office and was told that they don’t have my information from USCIS. Did you go to the SSA office personally? Or did they just provide you your number when called them?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi guys, 

I've been waiting for my interview to be scheduled since ASC opened in mid July, but no news yet.

My health examination was taken last Sep 17th, exactly a year ago, so I am worried that I would

have to get another health examination again. 

Or do USCIS waive re-taking medical examination due to COVID pandemic?

Any ideas?

****************************************************************************************

2/1/2020 : I-485, I-765, I-131 sent via FedEx to USCIS

2/3/2020 :  Delivered to USCIS in Chicago

2/11/2020 : Received E-notifications from USCIS with case numbers
2/14/2020 : Received NOA1 via post mail

2/21/2020 : Received Biometrics appointment letter

3/4/2020 :  Biometrics appointment for I-485 & I-765

3/12/2020 : Received Biometrics appointment letter for I-131 (Scheduled 3/27/2020)

3/24/2020 : Checked myUSCIS case status for I-131. The status has changed to

"Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

3/25/2020 : Received a notice letter from USCIS for my I-131 (AP) Biometrics appointment to

inform me that USCIS is able to reuse my previously captured(Assume I-485 & I-765)

fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the security checks and use my

biometric data as in the past. No need to appear for the appointment.

3/26/2020 : I-485 status was changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

6/29/2020 : I-765(EAD)status was updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"
6/30/2020 I-765(EAD) & I-131(AP) status were updated to “Case Was Approved”

7/20/2020 : I-765(EAD) status was changed to “Card was mailed To Me”! 

7/21/2020 : My EAD(I-765) status was updated to "Card Was Picked Up By The United

States Postal Service "

7/23/2020 : Received my EAD/AP combo card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Sandyl said:

Hey y'all,

I was going to let everyone know how my interview went. We got there at 12:45 and were the first ones to be allowed inside. We waited in the room and got called in by this gentleman. Before taking a seat we had to take the oath. He asked for my SSN, combo card, passport, my husbands DL and his passport. He made some copies. Took a picture or something. He then proceeded to ask questions about my I485, I had to tell him my name, date of birth, current and previous address, SSN (only knew the last 4 digits) lol, parents name and date of birth, their address and my husbands full name and date of birth. He then started going over the questions from page 11 to 14?. 

After that he wanted to know how we had met, when we met irl, when we began our romantic relationship, our first date, relationship with his parents and my parents. He asked my husband where he works, asked when he decided to propose to me and when we decided to do the K1. We talked about our case taking long and he asked why I thought it took long and I gave my explanation because we didn't file the right paperwork about my husbands juvenile case and got an intent to deny.

He was very friendly and made a conversation, he also asked when I had came down and I gave him all my dates, he asked if my diploma would carry over and if id be able to use it. 

At the end he asked for our shared bills and I was lucky since I copied them this morning, gave that to him. He asked if we are being pushed by family yet to have children. We said that my husbands mom wants to be a grandma but we will wait lol.

He said he would approve me today and id get my green card in 2 weeks. Told me about the removal of conditions, naturalisation and what to do for that. 

Congratulations and thank you for such a detailed post!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, INNSU09 said:

call your local SSA office, they can check your Alien number on file if USCIS granted one for you.

i just got back from my SSA appointment, my EAD was approved last month but still had no SSN, so i applied one for myself.

upon speaking to the SSA officer, apparently USCIS applied one for me BUT i never got it. So the officer gave me my number, and issued a replacement card for me. 

Thank you for the information, I will call them !

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

2 hours ago, Kamakiri said:

Hi guys, 

I've been waiting for my interview to be scheduled since ASC opened in mid July, but no news yet.

My health examination was taken last Sep 17th, exactly a year ago, so I am worried that I would

have to get another health examination again. 

Or do USCIS waive re-taking medical examination due to COVID pandemic?

Any ideas?

Your medical is valid as long as it was NOT over a year old when you filed! If your medical happens to expire while awaiting adjudication it's no big deal. You won't have to retake the medical, provided you took all the vaccinations you were supposed too before you left your country.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I submitted a case inquiry and today is the day I was meant to hear back by. I assume it will be via email? Has anyone submitted an inquiry yet and did you get a response by the deadline included in the acknowledgment email? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

I submitted a case inquiry and today is the day I was meant to hear back by. I assume it will be via email? Has anyone submitted an inquiry yet and did you get a response by the deadline included in the acknowledgment email? 

My deadline was 9/12. No updates yet. Not even assigned for processing yet according to my uscis account 

8 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

My deadline was 9/12. No updates yet. Not even assigned for processing yet according to my uscis account 

Where do you check that? I don’t see any option to check status on a case inquiry in my USCIS account 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

Where do you check that? I don’t see any option to check status on a case inquiry in my USCIS account 

You have to create an account for myuscis. Once you add your cases, you can see their case history and a next steps section, which shows pending inquiries. 

Weirdly there are two uscis accounts you can open. No idea why. The one you wanna use is this one: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/displayLogon.do;jsessionid=4D66DAB4B629FC88140B705F030236C5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.