Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mvasantos said:

That's great you got it! Even after the stress, I feel sorry for you.

But how inefficient they are working. 5 ppl for an hour? That's insane. I guess the ones that are behind will take forever to get an appointment due to that. They could do better but do they want to? I don't think so. What's your office btw?

Thank you! I did not think it was gonna happen, and I'm so happy that now I can leave without worrying, and hopefully take the job offer I got 2 weeks ago. Its been a wild, but good week. 

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. They are definitely able to accommodate more than 5 people per hour, I'm shocked. It could easily be a one-in-one-out kind of policy. 

And my office is Denver. Which also, as of 8/28, is the only ASC in the whole state of Colorado. So they really should see more people, given that they must be very busy now...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Thank you! I did not think it was gonna happen, and I'm so happy that now I can leave without worrying, and hopefully take the job offer I got 2 weeks ago. Its been a wild, but good week. 

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. They are definitely able to accommodate more than 5 people per hour, I'm shocked. It could easily be a one-in-one-out kind of policy. 

And my office is Denver. Which also, as of 8/28, is the only ASC in the whole state of Colorado. So they really should see more people, given that they must be very busy now...

Even grocery stores can accommodate more ppl and I know they are important but immigration can't stop at all. Once again the word is patience... I was thinking about trying to do a walk-in but I don't know if I'll be able to hold even more frustration of getting a no.

Even citizenship ceremonies they put more ppl in a room in a short period of time.

Edited by mvasantos

1 minute ago, mvasantos said:

Even grocery stores can accommodate more ppl and I know they are important but immigration can't stop at all. Once again the word is patience... I was thinking about trying to do a walk-in but I don't know if I'll be able to hold even more frustration of getting a no.

Ha, yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.

And I totally understand. I was terrified this morning, and slept terribly last night from all the anxiety. I feel like I got insanely lucky, so it's hard to recommend going. But if you have strong nerves and a compelling reason, why not - all they can say is no (which however is heart crushing)

1 hour ago, Basil123 said:

So I got there at 7:40, was therefore the first in line. When the security guard came out to set up, I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor about an emergency walk-in. The supervisor came out a minute later, and i explained my situation & that tier 2 advised me to just stop by the ASC. The supervisor said they shouldn't have told me that and that she cannot accommodate me due to covid regulations. So I said I understood & left. However, I stayed in the parking lot for a while, crying cause I was just defeated. After maybe 5 minutes, when everyone with an appointment had entered, the security guard came to me and said her supervisor wanted to try and get me in after all. Apparently they were exactly 1 person under capacity, so they let me in after all. I don't know if the one under capacity was true, or if they just felt sorry for me. But I am very grateful nonetheless. 

And then, to be fair, I think they could book more people. I was there until about 8:40, and was the last person  they fingerprinted. Nobody else showed up between 8 and 8:45, so I assume they schedule 5 people per hour, not per 30 minutes as I assumed previously.

I said put on your best smile, but hey a teary eyed face gets them every time too!!!! Niceeeeeeeee

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 9/16/2020 at 10:15 AM, fabianafcm said:

Hello everyone! I finally received my combo card on Monday! Yay! My bio appointment was on August 11th and I did not have to go back for another one for AP. I am just wondering though, when should I expect to receive my SSN? I called my office today and they said they did not have any information about me but I need to wait at least 10 days from the day I received my card to make an appointment, if necessary. I guess the wait never ends.. :( 

I received my EAD card 20 days ago and i'm still waiting for my SSN

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone! I talked to uscis through Emma and apparently if you have a notice of a form that needs biometrics in 30 days and your office has been opened for more than 90 days, you can request a case inquiry under the session did not receive notice by mail. (The website is this https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do)

Mine hasn't been 90 days but I'll probably request an inquiry anyway

Our biometrics was last week and we just got our EAD expedite request approved today, all done through our congressperson! We reached out end of August to get help with biometrics rescheduling. He was able to get it rescheduled in 3 days. Then after biometrics we reached out again to ask him to submit an expedite request. That was approved in 1 week (today) and we just got update that new card is being produced! We are so thankful!

On 8/28/2020 at 2:21 PM, Maria&Wirbir said:

My case was updated today to “case is ready for an interview”

EAD to fingerprints were taken

nothing on AP

PD is FEB 24

My interview has been scheduled 🥳

PD FEB 24

BIOMETRICS AUGUST 24

NO EAD OR AP APPROVED YET

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

I received my EAD card 20 days ago and i'm still waiting for my SSN

call your local SSA office, they can check your Alien number on file if USCIS granted one for you.

i just got back from my SSA appointment, my EAD was approved last month but still had no SSN, so i applied one for myself.

upon speaking to the SSA officer, apparently USCIS applied one for me BUT i never got it. So the officer gave me my number, and issued a replacement card for me. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

Hey everyone, just had my interview and I got approved for my adjustment of status 🤩

If anyone wants to know how it went, I’ll let y’all know once we get home 😁

Congratulations! Please take your time and give us all the information and questions. Every experience helps here!

Hey guys. Finally got my EAD/AP combo card last week.

I have a question about the Social Security Card though.

I applied and got my SS card in February before the lockdown and on the card, it says "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" 

Now my question is do I need to have this card replaced with one that doesn't have that caveat or am I good to go? Bearing in mind that I now have the EAD.

Thanks.

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sandyl said:

Hey everyone, just had my interview and I got approved for my adjustment of status 🤩

CONGRATULATIONS! was just thinking about messaging you to see how things were..

5 hours ago, Basil123 said:

Guys. I can't believe it. I successfully did an emergency walk-in this morning. Holy smokes. I did not think it was gonna happen. Wow. 

Yay! Congratulations! Happy for you. Finally! 

1 hour ago, Sandyl said:

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.