Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, James120383 said:

next up they will call dead people for Biometrics. So much inefficiency 

Hahahaha omg I laughed too hard at this. Yes it’s stupid because I’ve talked to people on here that don’t even got a chance to do their biometrics het and they let me come twice while it was all approved. The officer on the phone said I had to go so I did 😂

On 9/15/2020 at 11:56 AM, LilyKins said:

On the "plus" side -- I'm sure you've all noticed that processing times for the I-765 at NBC are back to normal (if 5.5-7.5mo can even be accepted as "normal") and they're back up to Feb 01, 2020 PD as the inquiry date.

Some of us might be able to file an outside processing times inquiry in the next few weeks!

Yes, this! Plus congressman will

help if outside of processing time. Even if yours is not the friendliest toward immigrants,  check his/her website as I’m pretty sure they all have to assist with federal agencies which USCIS is, even if they dislike immigration....

26 minutes ago, Tensheets said:

Yes, this! Plus congressman will

help if outside of processing time. Even if yours is not the friendliest toward immigrants,  check his/her website as I’m pretty sure they all have to assist with federal agencies which USCIS is, even if they dislike immigration....

They might have to help, but a lackluster attempt at helping could cause more harm than good. That's  a bummer for sure!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nativequeen said:

Our status changed to “ready to be scheduled for an interview.” What should we bring? 

This process has taken soo long but we are happy to be making some progress. 

It's not over yet. This status only means your paperwork is good, not that you have an interview date. It can take from days to more than 1 year to get an interview after this status.

18 hours ago, Basil123 said:

It's been a good day, guys! 

I just got off the phone with a lovely tier 2 officer who informed me my biometrics appointment was scheduled for 9/28! Finally some movement! Meanwhile my senator's office called today saying they'll try to squeeze me in sooner, due to my emergency travel and a pending job offer. We'll see what happens, but for now I'm very excited! 

So I know its been asked before, but how long did you guys have to wait from when the appointment was scheduled to receiving the notice in the mail?

happy to see that you got your bio metric finally, can you please confirm me one thing ,

if you go online in tool section of uscis and in the schedule an appointment>view appointment then by filling your name and DOB in the section below,  are you able to see your schedule appointment online?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a question about how a "work for housing exchange" lease should be written. My husband and I live in the back unit of a family friend and I currently babysit for free rent (they are legally not able to charge rent as stated in their deed when they bought the house) we are wanting a written "lease" to bring as proof that we live together for our green card interview. How should that be written? Similar to an affidative of support? I hope this question makes sense lol thanks!😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, A.Siddiqui said:

happy to see that you got your bio metric finally, can you please confirm me one thing ,

if you go online in tool section of uscis and in the schedule an appointment>view appointment then by filling your name and DOB in the section below,  are you able to see your schedule appointment online?

Thanks!

I'm only able to see my infopass appointment with that tool. I don't think biometrics appointments show up there:/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it take to get interview date notice? I did rescheduled biometrics on 9-1 and got the combo card just a few days later and status changed to ready to be scheduled for interview. Then on 9-9 it changed to interview has been scheduled. I know it's only been a week but I haven't got anything in the mail and don't want to miss the interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

Guys. I can't believe it. I successfully did an emergency walk-in this morning. Holy smokes. I did not think it was gonna happen. Wow. 

What did you say when you got there?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mvasantos said:

What did you say when you got there?

So I got there at 7:40, was therefore the first in line. When the security guard came out to set up, I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor about an emergency walk-in. The supervisor came out a minute later, and i explained my situation & that tier 2 advised me to just stop by the ASC. The supervisor said they shouldn't have told me that and that she cannot accommodate me due to covid regulations. So I said I understood & left. However, I stayed in the parking lot for a while, crying cause I was just defeated. After maybe 5 minutes, when everyone with an appointment had entered, the security guard came to me and said her supervisor wanted to try and get me in after all. Apparently they were exactly 1 person under capacity, so they let me in after all. I don't know if the one under capacity was true, or if they just felt sorry for me. But I am very grateful nonetheless. 

And then, to be fair, I think they could book more people. I was there until about 8:40, and was the last person  they fingerprinted. Nobody else showed up between 8 and 8:45, so I assume they schedule 5 people per hour, not per 30 minutes as I assumed previously.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Basil123 said:

So I got there at 7:40, was therefore the first in line. When the security guard came out to set up, I asked her if I could speak to the supervisor about an emergency walk-in. The supervisor came out a minute later, and i explained my situation & that tier 2 advised me to just stop by the ASC. The supervisor said they shouldn't have told me that and that she cannot accommodate me due to covid regulations. So I said I understood & left. However, I stayed in the parking lot for a while, crying cause I was just defeated. After maybe 5 minutes, when everyone with an appointment had entered, the security guard came to me and said her supervisor wanted to try and get me in after all. Apparently they were exactly 1 person under capacity, so they let me in after all. I don't know if the one under capacity was true, or if they just felt sorry for me. But I am very grateful nonetheless. 

And then, to be fair, I think they could book more people. I was there until about 8:40, and was the last person  they fingerprinted. Nobody else showed up between 8 and 8:45, so I assume they schedule 5 people per hour, not per 30 minutes as I assumed previously.

That's great you got it! Even after the stress, I feel sorry for you.

But how inefficient they are working. 5 ppl for an hour? That's insane. I guess the ones that are behind will take forever to get an appointment due to that. They could do better but do they want to? I don't think so. What's your office btw?

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Stones said:

How long does it take to get interview date notice? I did rescheduled biometrics on 9-1 and got the combo card just a few days later and status changed to ready to be scheduled for interview. Then on 9-9 it changed to interview has been scheduled. I know it's only been a week but I haven't got anything in the mail and don't want to miss the interview. 

You should call or maybe ask Emma to see if they could send the notice to your email. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.