Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nativequeen said:

Does anyone know how long after fingerprints are taken does it take to approve and receive the EAD/SSN? 

Its completely random. Applicants like me have been waiting more than a month and some folks here have got approval within 24 hours. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

So here are my latest updates, as of 30 mins ago: After 2 weeks of calling USCIS constantly, I finally got an appointment at my local field office for Emergency AP without biometrics! So I can make it in time for my grandfather funeral. I am so happy! 

However, I'm also soooooo nervous, that my bio appointment will come in the mail literally the day after I leave... so my question is: does anyone here know if FOs have the ability to take biometrics? Cause if they do, I will beg them to do biometrics for me during my InfoPass appointment.

Timeline

Our case is AOS marriage based with a PD of 02/21. My biometrics were completed on 08/11 and on 08/16 the i485 went to 'Ready to schedule'. Today I heard back from my congressman's office and USCIS told them that the current processing times at NBC are 7.5 months the case is within normal processing time. I'm happy to see the trickle of EAD approvals that have come here and those that I read on other sites.

Sharing this with other folks still waiting and if you haven't reached out to your congress people, please do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Do they keep a copy of the things you bring to the interview? like the AOS application and k1 application? or just new things with joint names on them such as bills and letters etc..?

They already have your AOS and K1 application on file. I have everything saved on my MacBook but I feel like they already got that. I think they will keep bills and such. As I understand from other peoples experiences they need copies when things change.

Super disappointed today -- I contacted USCIS for the first time in 3 or so weeks and my biometrics appointment still hasn't been scheduled. It's been 6 weeks since my local ASC opened and I'm super frustrated.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Do they keep a copy of the things you bring to the interview? like the AOS application and k1 application? or just new things with joint names on them such as bills and letters etc..?

They have your application in front of them, they don't need that but they might ask for additional evidence of your relationship to keep. Since they won't copy it for you, you have to bring the copys if you don't want to give them the originals.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:57 PM, Q&Y said:

My original was mar 18th as well, and my biometrics done last month was also code 3, only for i485, i765, but it applied to i131. I got my combo card 5 days after my biometrics. I think you will also get it pretty soon. 

ok. Maybe I was wrong. I thought my biometrics was already applied to i131 as well, so I got my combo card.

but today, I received a new biometrics appointment letter for i131 and i765, nearly a month after my last biometrics appointment. I wonder whether I should go to the appointment.

I asked Emma just now, she also had no answer on whether I should attend my appointment.  I will call tomorrow early in the morning and ask for an officer.

Anyone has the same experience? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Q&Y said:

ok. Maybe I was wrong. I thought my biometrics was already applied to i131 as well, so I got my combo card.

but today, I received a new biometrics appointment letter for i131 and i765, nearly a month after my last biometrics appointment. I wonder whether I should go to the appointment.

I asked Emma just now, she also had no answer on whether I should attend my appointment.  I will call tomorrow early in the morning and ask for an officer.

Anyone has the same experience? 

Have seen this happen a few times now, best thing would be to go! Or seek help via congress folks. The thing is that the officer might/might not note that you are not going to attend the appt as you already have the card and that might cascade to a different avalanche altogether. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, probingoduke said:

Have seen this happen a few times now, best thing would be to go! Or seek help via congress folks. The thing is that the officer might/might not note that you are not going to attend the appt as you already have the card and that might cascade to a different avalanche altogether. 

It’s crazy how many of us from February are still waiting for our biometrics appointments and then USCIS schedules many of us appointments we don’t even need (which slows things down even more!)

10 hours ago, probingoduke said:

Our case is AOS marriage based with a PD of 02/21. My biometrics were completed on 08/11 and on 08/16 the i485 went to 'Ready to schedule'. Today I heard back from my congressman's office and USCIS told them that the current processing times at NBC are 7.5 months the case is within normal processing time. I'm happy to see the trickle of EAD approvals that have come here and those that I read on other sites.

Sharing this with other folks still waiting and if you haven't reached out to your congress people, please do!

Didn’t u apply for AP (Advanced Parole) along with EAD? I think the processing time of AP is 5 months. 

18 hours ago, LilyKins said:

Super disappointed today -- I contacted USCIS for the first time in 3 or so weeks and my biometrics appointment still hasn't been scheduled. It's been 6 weeks since my local ASC opened and I'm super frustrated.

13 hours ago, ourwildjourney said:

It’s crazy how many of us from February are still waiting for our biometrics appointments and then USCIS schedules many of us appointments we don’t even need (which slows things down even more!)

17 hours ago, A.Siddiqui said:

Same here contact them so many times but they say wait 90 days.

Have you guys reached out to your congressperson? 

11 minutes ago, ko737 said:

Have you guys reached out to your congressperson? 

Our congressman is very anti-immigration. So much so that he uses words like "radical left" to describe any opposition to the border wall. He supports the abolition of sanctuary cities, voted to fund the wall, and voted in favour of the anti-asylum movement. The only involvement he's had in immigration has been to stop immigration.

Somehow, I don't think he'll care too much.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.