Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

We received an update this morning that we are ready to be scheduled for an interview.  More waiting for snail mail.  My mail lady probably things I'm a stalker.  i'm always standing outside when she pulls up.  LOL.

in case you haven't done this, sign up for informed delivery with USPS. It will notify you of all mail pieces coming to your home that day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, PECS said:

Anyone know how long it take for SSN to arrived in the mail after EAD card approval?

Have you received your SSN card yet? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/9/2020 at 12:37 PM, chxakx said:

Took three days from card was mailed to me to  getting it in the mail. Got my SS card day before I got my combo card. 

I received my EAD card two weeks ago. Still waiting for my SSN card.

13 hours ago, Sandyl said:

I get that you are freaking out. There is not much more you can provide than what you have honestly. I don't have an ID in my married name yet because can't get a DL in Kansas without EAD or green card. My SS card is in my maiden name because the offices closed after we got our marriage license and I also can't update that yet because my I94 is of course expired so I also have to wait on my GC for that.

What we do have is shared lease, shared health insurance, shared car insurance, shared phone contact (only have bills to show both of our names) and we do have a shared bank account, which for now is also in my maiden name due to having no ID. 

For some places it can take a while before the interview is actually scheduled, mine was scheduled within a day and was scheduled for 1 month after the notice arrived. What you could do is call your bank to see if you can be added to the account, we did this and went through their drive thru to sign the paperwork, they suggested this and we later asked for statements in both of our names. Car insurance, I could add online without having to call or go somewhere.

I expect officers to be a little understanding that we cannot provide more than what we got since, we don't have much more and COVID kinda made things harder. If I were you I would try and get you added to the bank account, I read somewhere that they see that as a real positive thing. Just try calling them and see if you can do it at the drive thru. 

What I have now for my interview next week is;

- Copy of AOS package

- Copy of every single paper filed in the past before getting married

- Pictures together of wedding, events after and pictures with family

- Copy of health insurance policy, car insurance declaration page and cards, bank statement and letter from bank, shared lease and a few phone bills in both names

- Marriage certificate and copies
- Marriage cards we got at our wedding
- All letters we received from USCIS in the past

Its a pretty thick file and people on this website can definitely give you more advice! I give what we have right now, we are just 24/25 so we don't have much more as of right now. 

I’m also on Ready to be Scheduled for an interview but read it can take up to 2 years to get it, maybe that’s wrong. Also I’m confused by people on here putting together binders of stuff to take - when the AOS was submitted, each of us has provided evidence of a bona fide marriage so I’m not clear what the point of additional stuff is? I plan to take my packet and the originals of the copies sent in that packet, and my I-693, which i didn’t file at the time. Can anyone help me understand why you are obliged to take additional documentation to the interview? 

Edited by Tensheets
Typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tensheets said:

I’m also on Ready to be Scheduled for an interview but read it can’t take up to 2 years to get it, maybe that’s wrong. Also I’m confused by people on here putting together binders of stuff to take - when the AOS was submitted, each of us has provided evidence of a bona fide marriage so I’m not clear what the point of additional stuff is? I plan to take my packet and that’s it. Can anyone help me understand why you are obliged to take additional information? 

I understand what you are saying but that is what they require. Let me show you their exact statement in the letter. 

389FF3AA-B6A2-4954-8C87-9CC159D77F5F.jpeg

10 hours ago, Sandyl said:

I understand what you are saying but that is what they require. Let me show you their exact statement in the letter. 

389FF3AA-B6A2-4954-8C87-9CC159D77F5F.jpeg

That’s useful! Thank you

for sharing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tensheets said:

That’s useful! Thank you

for sharing.

You’re welcome! it’s on the interview appointment notice, there’s more on there what you need but this was the line about your marriage and shared life.

Timeline

I have been tracking the Employment authorization tracker and noticed that most cases list local CIS office as 'Chicago National office'. Is this the same as National benefits center?

42 minutes ago, probingoduke said:

I have been tracking the Employment authorization tracker and noticed that most cases list local CIS office as 'Chicago National office'. Is this the same as National benefits center?

No it's  not NBC is in Missouri!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm pretty bummed. My NOA date was March 24th and there's no status for our EAD or advanced parole beyond our case being received. 

We did have an RFE for our AOS which they received on 5/27, and that status for the AOS is unchanged beyond them having received our response.

I try not to panic and base my loose estimates on other people's timelines, but even taking into account other people's RFE's and when they got their NOA1, I'm very concerned that not a single other thing has changed on our case. No biometrics appointments or anything. 

Should I just sit back and continue to wait? I've called USCIS in the past and I personally can't stand their automated lines and all the ever-changing prompts and extensions. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

No it's  not NBC is in Missouri!

Thank you for responding! Yes that's why I was confused. I found out that when we populate our timeline the option says that most likely its Chicago national office. Thank you for clarifying!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I'm pretty bummed. My NOA date was March 24th and there's no status for our EAD or advanced parole beyond our case being received. 

We did have an RFE for our AOS which they received on 5/27, and that status for the AOS is unchanged beyond them having received our response.

I try not to panic and base my loose estimates on other people's timelines, but even taking into account other people's RFE's and when they got their NOA1, I'm very concerned that not a single other thing has changed on our case. No biometrics appointments or anything. 

Should I just sit back and continue to wait? I've called USCIS in the past and I personally can't stand their automated lines and all the ever-changing prompts and extensions. 

Hey I understand its hard! My PD is 02/21 and there have been other folks with PD like mine who I found here and on reddit that haven't gotten their Bio yet. Best thing to do would be to reach out to your congressman and try to remember that this is a unpredictable process. Folks at USCIS from the few I have seen make posts are continuing to work as fast as they can. All the very best and have faith.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, probingoduke said:

No. The national benefits starts with MSC. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.