Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TDB said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the interview notice to arrive once the status changes to "Interview Was Scheduled"?

My I-485 changed to "Interview Was Scheduled" on the 2nd September but I have not received the notice in the mail yet. I tried chatting to Emma to find out the date but they just said wait for the notice.

How long did it take to change the status to "Interview was scheduled" after the bio-metrics appointment?

We have our Bio appointment scheduled this Friday at Raleigh too.

How did that process go for you? Did you need anything else apart from the Letter of appointment (with the form) and your passport? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
25 minutes ago, MNH said:

How long did it take to change the status to "Interview was scheduled" after the bio-metrics appointment?

We have our Bio appointment scheduled this Friday at Raleigh too.

How did that process go for you? Did you need anything else apart from the Letter of appointment (with the form) and your passport? 

Had my biometrics on the 31st Aug. The I-485 changed to "ready to schedule" on the 1st Sep and then on the 2nd Sep changed to "Interview was scheduled". Waiting for the interview notice now.

All moved pretty quick after the biometrics! 

Biometrics was fairly straightforward. Nothing needed apart from my passport & appointment letters (had a code 2 & 3). Not entirely sure what the point of the form is given that they didn't really look at it. They did make sure I had it completed though so don't forget it.

Edited by TDB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I called USCIS regarding my new biometrics just for my AP. Tier 2 told me I have to go, which I have no issues with but just wanted to make sure. Just got update EAD is produced. Next week is my green card interview as well so im excited!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Did anyone have any news on their EADs on non expedited and non K1 visas? I'm adjusting from tourist visa.

Edited by B3M
Typo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, B3M said:

Did anyone have any news on their EADs on non expedited and non K1 visas? I'm adjusting from tourist visa.

I'm also adjusting from b1 and nothing on my side. No biometrics or anything

1 hour ago, B3M said:

I’m adjusting from e2 visa and while I had a biometric appt on Aug 27 and  update to Case ready to be scheduled for interview on Aug 28, it’s been radio silence since then (appreciate its only been 11 days but feels like forever....) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mvasantos said:

I'm also adjusting from b1 and nothing on my side. No biometrics or anything

Did you file in february as well? 

I already did my biometrics on August tho

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, B3M said:

Did you file in february as well? 

I already did my biometrics on August tho

Yep. February and nothing yet... Got an rfe in may and that's it since then my case been dead... I asked for an ead expedite thru Emma but not even an email from USCIS. Frustrated and nothing much more that I can do, already talked to Congressman too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

My case tracker just updated to let me know my card has been mailed after finally getting biometrics done on Friday. Woohoo 😁😁😁 if i wasnt preggo id have a huge glass of wine lol 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Little update on my Case today:

Case Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview.

i applied for an SSN along with my AOS, and i called the SSA office today, they searched for my name and Alien number but couldn’t find an application made for me. 

they instructed me to call again after 2 weeks, and most likely file for it myself.. although she did warn me it will be risky Via Mail.. 🤨

Timeline
7 hours ago, mvasantos said:

Yep. February and nothing yet... Got an rfe in may and that's it since then my case been dead... I asked for an ead expedite thru Emma but not even an email from USCIS. Frustrated and nothing much more that I can do, already talked to Congressman too

Damn 😕 I didn't try congressman yet, also got an RFE..

I don't have a way to prove urgency for expedite so theres not much I can do aswell. 

We must be patient, things will get better

Looking for a little advice here as a fellow Feb. filer (canceled Bio in March). I've got a job offer (2 year postdoc) in the U.K. that starts the first week of Jan. I'm the petitioner. 

Had "emergency biometrics" at the Buffalo, NY ASC on Aug. 10th due to us leaving the country. I-485 moved the "ready to schedule interview the next day, EAD to "fingerprints have been applied" and AP still "case has been received" (unchanged since Feb. 20th). At the bio on Aug. 10th they said it would apply to both the EAD and AP. I guess not! 

Anyway, I filed an expedite request on Aug. 12th. Since then, the I-485 has shown "expedite request received". 

Do any of you have advice for what I can do? I've been very pleased to see the many posters on here saying they've been getting their EAD/AP combo cards quite quickly. But, ours hasn't moved, nor have I received a request for evidence on the expedite request. The clock is ticking, and we couldn't get answers on what was possible for a timeline so we had to make the decision to go to the U.K. without a guarantee one way or the other. 

The most maddening thing is that, while we would love to have the GC (because we will return to the U.S.), we just need to be abroad for 2 years without considering the case abandoned! It's already too late to use the EAD or AP. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.