Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, NKDL said:

Finally got my biometrics done today after the original was cancelled Mar 18th. It was for i485/i765 but not i131...will i have to go again for the advanced parole? I asked the guy there and he said that should cover it...code 3 was on the reschedule notice. Hoping that my approved ead/ap card can be issued now 

My original was mar 18th as well, and my biometrics done last month was also code 3, only for i485, i765, but it applied to i131. I got my combo card 5 days after my biometrics. I think you will also get it pretty soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I’m looking for advice. I received my interview notice today after failed delivery attempts a few weeks ago. I have my interview on the 17th this month. I also got a letter to do biometrics on the 16th this month for I131. 

I don’t know why I would get that since I already have my interview scheduled and I’m not looking forward to traveling there both days.

What would you guys do?

On 9/2/2020 at 3:35 PM, probingoduke said:

May i ask what your PD is?

This was my timeline before the pandemic hit

2/21 Fedex

2/24 signed received, priority date
3/6 NOA text, date of notice
3/9 checks cashed
3/13 NOA for biometrics 3/31, canceled of course

some time in May I requested EAD expedite, faxed in evidence right away, got denied about 3-4 weeks later in June. I had a job that I had to ask my employer to stop paying me because my OPT expired in May :( my contract expired in July and I haven't been able to work since May.

8/21 biometrics for I-485/EAD (code 3 all prints and rolling ones)
9/3 (yesterday) went back to do biometrics for AP (code 2, only R index finger)
10/5 interview 😬

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, troseryensid said:

This was my timeline before the pandemic hit

2/21 Fedex

2/24 signed received, priority date
3/6 NOA text, date of notice
3/9 checks cashed
3/13 NOA for biometrics 3/31, canceled of course

some time in May I requested EAD expedite, faxed in evidence right away, got denied about 3-4 weeks later in June. I had a job that I had to ask my employer to stop paying me because my OPT expired in May :( my contract expired in July and I haven't been able to work since May.

8/21 biometrics for I-485/EAD (code 3 all prints and rolling ones)
9/3 (yesterday) went back to do biometrics for AP (code 2, only R index finger)
10/5 interview 😬

Thank you so much for the information! I'm happy for developments on your case. Keep everyone posted!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Update: We received the combo card EAD and AP letter today even though we didn't do biometrics for the AP, his EAD card shows "serves as I-512 advance parole" which i think it means he can travel out the country? Not sure! But they sent the letter to our CA address and not to the TX one although we've changed address with USCIS. Our old housemate will ship us the letter! We are so excited! We'll call immigration and ask them to correct our address and hopefully our green card interview will be in TX not CA!

5 hours ago, G&BN said:

Update: We received the combo card EAD and AP letter today even though we didn't do biometrics for the AP, his EAD card shows "serves as I-512 advance parole" which i think it means he can travel out the country? Not sure! But they sent the letter to our CA address and not to the TX one although we've changed address with USCIS. Our old housemate will ship us the letter! We are so excited! We'll call immigration and ask them to correct our address and hopefully our green card interview will be in TX not CA!

Yes it means you can travel, congratulations!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

23 hours ago, Sandyl said:

I’m looking for advice. I received my interview notice today after failed delivery attempts a few weeks ago. I have my interview on the 17th this month. I also got a letter to do biometrics on the 16th this month for I131. 

I don’t know why I would get that since I already have my interview scheduled and I’m not looking forward to traveling there both days.

What would you guys do?

have you received your EAD?

Timeline
2 hours ago, pkingking131 said:

have you received your EAD?

No I haven’t yet. I’ve done biometrics for EAD and AOS. AOS interview was scheduled directly and is the 17th. EAD status didn’t change and didn’t expect it anymore since my greencard interview is coming up. Now they want biometrics again for AP one day before my interview. 

44 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

No I haven’t yet. I’ve done biometrics for EAD and AOS. AOS interview was scheduled directly and is the 17th. EAD status didn’t change and didn’t expect it anymore since my greencard interview is coming up. Now they want biometrics again for AP one day before my interview. 

What are you going to do? Have you decided yet?

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

What are you going to do? Have you decided yet?

I am going to call them Monday, if they are open otherwise Tuesday. If I have to go I’ll just go again. It’s 1 hour driving so not the end of the world but just seems like they are really not working together there. I don’t see why I would get a combo card if (praying) my greencard gets approved the next day? 

1 hour ago, Sandyl said:

I am going to call them Monday, if they are open otherwise Tuesday. If I have to go I’ll just go again. It’s 1 hour driving so not the end of the world but just seems like they are really not working together there. I don’t see why I would get a combo card if (praying) my greencard gets approved the next day? 

They have done  stranger things. They scheduled our interview and my wife had her GC for several months! You have to always CYA. If it involves that hours extra drive...do it gladly. I do understand though.

Citizenship Complete!

6 hours ago, Sandyl said:

. EAD and GC are processed  differently. So, Its better to attend  biometric

Edited by pkingking131

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.