Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Ahhh very good I see USCIS is still selectively approving without interviews. Congratulations! Beware of a scheduled interview anyway. If they do schedule you don't  just play it off. Investigate it will turn out to be an error (the scheduled interview), just don't  take it lightly.

Thank you, I know about this possibility. I am aware of one case where it was scheduled one month after GC received, required congressman involvement to get it killed

5 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Ahhh very good I see USCIS is still selectively approving without interviews. Congratulations! Beware of a scheduled interview anyway. If they do schedule you don't  just play it off. Investigate it will turn out to be an error (the scheduled interview), just don't  take it lightly.

BTW it's not just "selectively" waiving. It is up to 20% and even 30% of EB cases in some ranges. There are forums dedicated specifically to track the waivers, people monitor thousands of cases there and post regular updates.

Most waivers are for EB1C and EB2 NIW, some are for EB2s, EB3s and even EB1As

7 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Thank you, I know about this possibility. I am aware of one case where it was scheduled one month after GC received, required congressman involvement to get it killed

It happened to us to but they called us the night before the interview to say it was an error. We showed up anyway to be sure. Big waste of time but we felt better.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

BTW it's not just "selectively" waiving. It is up to 20% and even 30% of EB cases in some ranges. There are forums dedicated specifically to track the waivers, people monitor thousands of cases there and post regular updates.

Well I don't  know about those we adjusted from K1.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Hi, congrats on getting approval without interview.

Can you share your timeline? when did you file? and Also you are employment based AOS? or k1?  Thanks! 

18 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

most EB folks get interview waivers. FB's usually arent approved without interviews. 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

New update: 9/1 husbands EAD card was mailed! Today 9/4 got the notification that our green card interview is ready to be scheduled! 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Question for everyone about i765. I have been following the tracker here on how many cases of FB i765 are approved everyday and all cases have 'chicago national office' written on their CIS. 

Is this the National Benefits center office or chicago local office? My local office is in Boston and my PD is 02/21 with Bio on 08/11/. I'm patiently waiting for any news on approval and printing.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadlist.php?cfl=0&op1=app&op2=d&op4=1&op5=4,7,11,12&op8=All

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, G&BN said:

New update: 9/1 husbands EAD card was mailed! Today 9/4 got the notification that our green card interview is ready to be scheduled! 🥳

Congratulations! Its indeed good news!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:06 AM, TandClaudia said:

Thanks @mat2291

They don't have the tracking number yet, but at least it's processing.  I'll look for it sometime next week.

Once we get that, we'll get her state issued ID and continue to wait for her interview.

Well...that was quick.  She received her combo card in the mail today.

We can finally travel!!!!!!

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Finally got my biometrics done today after the original was cancelled Mar 18th. It was for i485/i765 but not i131...will i have to go again for the advanced parole? I asked the guy there and he said that should cover it...code 3 was on the reschedule notice. Hoping that my approved ead/ap card can be issued now 

4 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

Well...that was quick.  She received her combo card in the mail today.

We can finally travel!!!!!!

Congrats 🎉👏!!!! Please, share with us your travel experience if you decide to go. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, probingoduke said:

Question for everyone about i765. I have been following the tracker here on how many cases of FB i765 are approved everyday and all cases have 'chicago national office' written on their CIS. 

Is this the National Benefits center office or chicago local office? My local office is in Boston and my PD is 02/21 with Bio on 08/11/. I'm patiently waiting for any news on approval and printing.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadlist.php?cfl=0&op1=app&op2=d&op4=1&op5=4,7,11,12&op8=All

If it starts with MSC is the national one

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
2 hours ago, NKDL said:

Finally got my biometrics done today after the original was cancelled Mar 18th. It was for i485/i765 but not i131...will i have to go again for the advanced parole? I asked the guy there and he said that should cover it...code 3 was on the reschedule notice. Hoping that my approved ead/ap card can be issued now 

Idk if you're aware or this is your case but some people are already elegible to work with the non issued but approved EAD, check it out

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.