Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sandyl said:

Omg yes it is. People from March get EAD approved without expediting now. I have my green card interview in 2 weeks but no EAD yet. Means when (assuming) I get approved I still have to wait up to 60? Days to be able to start working 🤯🤯🤯. I read that somewhere if they approve you they get 60 days to send the damn card. 

It usually does not take that long to get your CG to you once approved. If you get your GC before your EAD/AP  that's great you'll be done for awhile and you can get your IDs in order (married name, SS card  etc)

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Hey guys!

So I just got off the phone to request emergency AP. Back in April, when I had to do the same thing it was super simple - tier 1 took my info, tier 2 called me back 2h ago to verify documents, tier 3 called back another couple hours later to schedule my info pass appointment. 

This time, they said in order to get emergency AP you have to have had biometrics taken. Which kinda ruins the point of it being for emergencies? So the agent put in a request for expedited biometrics on the basis of urgent humanitarian reasons. 

If this all gets done in time, I'm not complaining, because that would mean I would finally get a bio appointment. But this just seems weird and the fact that I need to wait up to 5 days to even just find out if my request will be accepted is stressful, when I'm trying to travel ASAP.

Idk, does anyone here know if it is correct that you need biometrics for AP now? Was it just an exception during COVID, that they didn't need my fingerprints? They didn't even take any at the info pass appointment last time either. They just took my documents and photo and gave me my one-use AP. Any ideas what's going on? I'm thinking if I don't hear back by next week, I should just call again to talk to a Tier 2 right away? Because I need to have this figured out by end of next week if I want to make it in time for the funeral.

(Sorry for the long post haha)

1 hour ago, Basil123 said:

Hey guys!

So I just got off the phone to request emergency AP. Back in April, when I had to do the same thing it was super simple - tier 1 took my info, tier 2 called me back 2h ago to verify documents, tier 3 called back another couple hours later to schedule my info pass appointment. 

This time, they said in order to get emergency AP you have to have had biometrics taken. Which kinda ruins the point of it being for emergencies? So the agent put in a request for expedited biometrics on the basis of urgent humanitarian reasons. 

If this all gets done in time, I'm not complaining, because that would mean I would finally get a bio appointment. But this just seems weird and the fact that I need to wait up to 5 days to even just find out if my request will be accepted is stressful, when I'm trying to travel ASAP.

Idk, does anyone here know if it is correct that you need biometrics for AP now? Was it just an exception during COVID, that they didn't need my fingerprints? They didn't even take any at the info pass appointment last time either. They just took my documents and photo and gave me my one-use AP. Any ideas what's going on? I'm thinking if I don't hear back by next week, I should just call again to talk to a Tier 2 right away? Because I need to have this figured out by end of next week if I want to make it in time for the funeral.

(Sorry for the long post haha)

Technically no but USCIS makes up different rules based on some whacko logic. 

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ads2865 said:

Update!!!

My husband @osally1 did his biometrics on 09/01 and also had another scheduled on 09/02 but they allowed him to do both while he was there 🙏 . From start to finish it took about 8 mins for him. This was the Dallas South office. He had a job interview on 09/02--Got the job!!. Now it says that his EAD card is in the mail!!! Now he has to take his driving test on 09/04-- wish him luck🤞. This has been a very eventful week of getting things done!

P.S. His SSN was issued already on 08/11/2020

Wow what a ride! Congratulations and best of luck!

20 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Technically no but USCIS makes up different rules based on some whacko logic. 

Sounds about right. That was our first reaction too haha. you never know what you'll get with USCIS. Well, fingers crossed their random bs won't make me miss my grandpas's funeral..:/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, troseryensid said:

Did you get your interview letter?

I just got the interview letter yesterday, for an interview at the ASC in October. Actually, I got two identical notices in two separate envelopes yesterday. I don't know what that means 😑 but they are identical so I am not gonna worry about it.
Along with the AP biometrics notice being sent to an outdated address, the USCIS' mistakes are just endless....
No movement on the EAD other than fingerprints being applied. I really want to work......
Going to do second set of biometrics tomorrow... (for anyone who didn't see my previous post, I called to see if this was a mistake and got yelled at by a rude tier-2 agent to "show up or your case won't be adjudicated further" and she hung up on me)

Seems like a waste of everybody's time when someone else can use that slot..

I guess I should start thinking about preparing for the interview now! Any tips welcome.

I also had so many months of no news and suddenly everything happening at once. Everybody hang in there!

No AOS interview letter for me yet! Status still says ready to be scheduled. Are you in Philly as well? Interesting that you got an interview before EAD/AP! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
9 minutes ago, klgck said:

No AOS interview letter for me yet! Status still says ready to be scheduled. Are you in Philly as well? Interesting that you got an interview before EAD/AP! 

Yea my lawyer told me this sometimes happens, when the interview is close they don't issue EAD, he told me this is based on having a strong case. Which I didn't really believe, sounds more like RnG to me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, probingoduke said:

Wow what a ride! Congratulations and best of luck!

With things moving this fast it goes to show that it could have been like this to begin with.😒

3 hours ago, fabianafcm said:

Hello everyone! Just got another update. Card is being produced! Never got the approval notice or anything but hopefully I get my card soon! 

Congrats. It’ll change to Approved next. Mine changed to approved after a day. 

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey everyone, im struggling to be optimistic. My interview was April 9th but all the offices closed the week before.. Not here to whine or complain, just curious: how are you all wethering the wait? Immigration is slow, waiting is nothing special..but it's hard not to get depressed about it sometime. Esp with little kids and not knowing.. Any Advice?

2 hours ago, crickets said:

Hey everyone, im struggling to be optimistic. My interview was April 9th but all the offices closed the week before.. Not here to whine or complain, just curious: how are you all wethering the wait? Immigration is slow, waiting is nothing special..but it's hard not to get depressed about it sometime. Esp with little kids and not knowing.. Any Advice?

How do I wether the wait? A couple times I was thinking of a rope and a tree (I have circumstances that make it even harder to wait)... Then someone posted a Stephen King's quote: “Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

My AOS case got approved without interview yesterday. Hope and pray, God will help you if you pray honestly

Edited by MIBogdan

14 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

How do I wether the wait? A couple times I was thinking of a rope and a tree (I have circumstances that make it even harder to wait)... Then someone posted a Stephen King's quote: “Remember, Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

My AOS case got approved without interview yesterday. Hope and pray, God will help you if you pray honestly

Ahhh very good I see USCIS is still selectively approving without interviews. Congratulations! Beware of a scheduled interview anyway. If they do schedule you don't  just play it off. Investigate it will turn out to be an error (the scheduled interview), just don't  take it lightly.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.