Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just got my Combo card in the mail! As expected i looked atrocious.. 😂 good thing it came with a “card sleeve” guess i’ll be using that. 

shame embarassed GIF

i applied for an SSN with my AOS, when do you guys think it will come?

17 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Just got my Combo card in the mail! As expected i looked atrocious.. 😂 good thing it came with a “card sleeve” guess i’ll be using that. 

shame embarassed GIF

i applied for an SSN with my AOS, when do you guys think it will come?

I got my social security card today. Still waiting for my combo card though. Congratulations! ♥️

15 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Like I said we threw in everything but the kitchen sink and I would have included that had it fit inside my handy carry bag. As you know with my luck that I have had throughout this visa journey I can't be to unprepared. My motto "better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it!!!!!

Hope this helps everyone!!!!!

Thank you so much for this, as always, Sarge! Very helpful.

@INNSU09 the norm to get your SS card is a few weeks at the least, but during these uncertain times coupled with the ever increasing mistakes USCIS is making there is really no telling. I'll just say this to you be prepared for a hassle getting it. Keep your expectations lowwwww and you'll be alright. Don't count out not getting the card at all and you having to apply for it with the SSA. No use in sugar coating this for you. I hope it does come like it is supposed to!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

20 minutes ago, chxakx said:

I got my social security card today. Still waiting for my combo card though. Congratulations! ♥️

Yesssss now that's how it's supposed to work...grats to you!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@INNSU09 the norm to get your SS card is a few weeks at the least, but during these uncertain times coupled with the ever increasing mistakes USCIS is making there is really no telling. I'll just say this to you be prepared for a hassle getting it. Keep your expectations lowwwww and you'll be alright. Don't count out not getting the card at all and you having to apply for it with the SSA. No use in sugar coating this for you. I hope it does come like it is supposed to!

OH! So ssn is supposed to come BEFORE the Combo card?! 

Thank you for your help! I have e-mailed the SSA office and asked if i have a been applied for already. I will give it another week, then apply for it myself. 😁

Timeline
34 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Congrats din! 🙏🏼

apparently ssn is supposed to come first pala.. 😂 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

2 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

OH! So ssn is supposed to come BEFORE the Combo card?! 

Thank you for your help! I have e-mailed the SSA office and asked if i have a been applied for already. I will give it another week, then apply for it myself. 😁

1 minute ago, INNSU09 said:

Congrats din! 🙏🏼

No set specific time they come before and or after the EAD!

Citizenship Complete!

30 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yesssss now that's how it's supposed to work...grats to you!!!!!

Thank you. I was able to get one in March with my married name so I’m surprised I got another one. 😅

17 minutes ago, INNSU09 said:

Congrats din! 🙏🏼

Thank you! Some people from a Filipino K1 group have been successful getting theirs. Not sure how you feel about sending original documents thru mail. Hopefully you’ll get yours soon! 😊

21 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Thank you. I was able to get one in March with my married name so I’m surprised I got another one. 😅

Thank you! Some people from a Filipino K1 group have been successful getting theirs. Not sure how you feel about sending original documents thru mail. Hopefully you’ll get yours soon! 😊

I'm not a fan of sending those kinds of documents through the mail, but desperate times call for desperate measures. My local SSA office has been closed since March absolutely no face to face no appointments no nothing, but phone calls. So after we got my wife's GC in April we waited a bit to see if the SS office would open. It did not so I let my wife make the decision since they were her documents.

We did send her GC, marriage license, SS-5 (SS card application) and the old SS card with her maiden name on it. We sent it to our local office after making 500% sure of the correct address. We used USPS (before all the headlines) certified registered mail. I might add the office was just a few blocks away from our house. I'll admit we were on pins and needles as even then USPS is not absolutely perfect in delivering any type mail no matter how important. Long story short it got there they processed it and sent her documents back directly after they were done. This next part will scare you and had I known I might have elected not to send through the mail. When the local office sent the documents back to us they used regular mail no kind of tracking whatsoever whewwwww we dodged a bullet there. All in all we were glad we did as the card came a few weeks later in her married name. If you should do this I would highly recommend you supply return postage with tracking.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

7 minutes ago, Shams2322 said:

How long did you wait to get social in the mail from the time you applied?

I applied for it in February along with my AOS/EAD/AP application. I just got it today. My EAD/AP were just recently approved. But I was also able to go to an office before they closed since I already had a number before. I applied on February 21st and got it on March 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm not a fan of sending those kinds of documents through the mail, but desperate times call for desperate measures. My local SSA office has been closed since March absolutely no face to face no appointments no nothing, but phone calls. So after we got my wife's GC in April we waited a bit to see if the SS office would open. It did not so I let my wife make the decision since they were her documents.

We did send her GC, marriage license, SS-5 (SS card application) and the old SS card with her maiden name on it. We sent it to our local office after making 500% sure of the correct address. We used USPS (before all the headlines) certified registered mail. I might add the office was just a few blocks away from our house. I'll admit we were on pins and needles as even then USPS is not absolutely perfect in delivering any type mail no matter how important. Long story short it got there they processed it and sent her documents back directly after they were done. This next part will scare you and had I known I might have elected not to send through the mail. When the local office sent the documents back to us they used regular mail no kind of tracking whatsoever whewwwww we dodged a bullet there. All in all we were glad we did as the card came a few weeks later in her married name.

If you should do this I would highly recommend you supply return postage with tracking.

Wow. I thought they’d send it back with tracking or something. I‘m not sure if I’d be willing to do this after all the headlines 😅 Thank you for sharing!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.