Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, VJOrz said:

So my biometrics were taken way back on one of the last days before the covid closures (I think it might have literally been the last day).

Got my EAD and AP a couple weeks ago which is awesome. So people who did biometrics in August got their EAD and AP around the same time? That's nice.

Any idea how long it takes from now to the Green card? 

I think this is highly dependent on your local field office. When initial review and backgroud check have been completed at your service center, they transfer your case to the local FO. Some FOs have been so slow lately to schedule interviews due to COVID restrictions. As an example, the one in Chicago where I am is only at 10% capacity according to various accounts from people.

I’m just glad that the furloughs have been stalled. That would have caused even more backlogs than what we already are seeing. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Karthick said:

Happy Monday folks! Just received email that my expedite request is approved:)

Yay, congrats! That's super exciting! Hopefully that means I'll get an update soon too!:) 

Also, I don't know if you mentioned it before, but did you do your biometrics yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, klgck said:

appointment letter, passport and marriage certificate since my last name is not changed on my passport. they didn't end up looking at my marriage cert., but I recall someone mentioning they were asked for it earlier in the forum! it was super easy and stress free, you got this :) 

Totally forgot about that. My name is still my maiden name as well. Will add it to my list, thank you ❣️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, mat2291 said:

Don’t forget the filled in worksheet. It’s not of any importance but they will be looking for it when you get in.

Thank you! I filled it out today. 

1 hour ago, Basil123 said:

Yay, congrats! That's super exciting! Hopefully that means I'll get an update soon too!:) 

Also, I don't know if you mentioned it before, but did you do your biometrics yet?

Thank you :) I did biometrics on Aug 21st. My case just updated to New card being produced. I couldn’t believe getting EAD approval within few hours of expedite request being accepted. I wish they operate at this speed for everyone! 

On 8/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, fromsweden said:

EAD / AP card came yesterday. Less than a week between prints and card so they are speeding things up for sure. Can anyone enlighten us on the parameters for travel on AP? Can my wife visit her new nephew in Sweden without fear of not being able to return (that was the reason listed for requesting AP)?

Really AP is only for humanitarian reasons etc. Not sure if birth of baby counts, it depends who you get processing you on way back. You are not guaranteed re-entry (but then if you’ve been an immigrant on a visa for a while that’s nothing new) but the risk is low. Secondary processing is a guarantee, she will

be taken from the normal CBP area to another area where she may be interviewed or have documents checked. 
it’s really a risk/reward call. I intend to travel if/when i get my AP. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tensheets said:

Really AP is only for humanitarian reasons etc. Not sure if birth of baby counts, it depends who you get processing you on way back. You are not guaranteed re-entry (but then if you’ve been an immigrant on a visa for a while that’s nothing new) but the risk is low. Secondary processing is a guarantee, she will

be taken from the normal CBP area to another area where she may be interviewed or have documents checked. 
it’s really a risk/reward call. I intend to travel if/when i get my AP. 

AP is not only for humanitarian reasons. An advance parole document can be used to return from any kind of trip. 

Also be aware that only citizens are guaranteed entry, even if you have a green card, you don't have guaranteed entry. 

Secondary screening is also rare for AP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
22 minutes ago, G&BN said:

My husband had his biometrics today! Everything went well and it took about 20 minutes ! We just got the update that his card is being produced and will be mailed to us! #excitement 🥳

That was very fast! Congrats 

I filed on Texas service center on February 24 2020. I had biometrics on August 12th. All case 1-485, I-131 and 1-765 still shows finger print were taken. Has anyone filed in SRC and still waiting?

Edited by Samrow

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Samrow said:

I filed on Texas service center on February 24 2020. I had biometrics on August 12th. All case 1-485, I-131 and 1-765 still shows finger print were taken. Has anyone filed in SRC and still waiting?

California here, but exactly in the same situation

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ko737 said:

Was your I-765 already approved or did it get approved same day?

Our 1-765 was approved 7/24, we were just waiting for the rescheduled biometrics!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you everyone for posting updates and sharing your stories. I'm a recent visitor to the forums and a feb filer (AOS-Marriage based).

I never knew this forum existed and to read about everyone's updates give me and my wife hope and encouragement to keep going on.

My bio was on 08/11 and we filed i485,130,131,765 on 02/21. I485 is now ready to schedule interview but 765 is still at FP were taken. 

My local CIS is Boston, MA but as per receipt numbers everything is at NBC. I'm hoping to get the card soon as I have been off work for about 2 months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.