Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

We’re at the ASC about to have biometrics first thing 8am. There’s a line out the door. Any questions ask and I’ll try my best. Hoping for no hiccups.

Best of luck!

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

We’re at the ASC about to have biometrics first thing 8am. There’s a line out the door. Any questions ask and I’ll try my best. Hoping for no hiccups.

edit: never mind I wasn’t allowed inside as the petitioner

edit edit: they did ask for our marriage certificate which we did Not bring hope that’s ok

Did you need your marriage certificate in the end or was it ok without it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
59 minutes ago, TDB said:

Did you need your marriage certificate in the end or was it ok without it?

We were ok without it.

note: if you’re also doing AP, insist on having them take biometrics for that too. If you do not, you will have to come back again before you can get it. It’s at the officers discretion to let you do both in same session. It’s literally a different and new complete set of prints. Gotta love beaureuocracy .

27 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

We were ok without it.

note: if you’re also doing AP, insist on having them take biometrics for that too. If you do not, you will have to come back again before you can get it. It’s at the officers discretion to let you do both in same session. It’s literally a different and new complete set of prints. Gotta love beaureuocracy .

so i can carry my fake hands for the prints :)

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, fromsweden said:

We were ok without it.

Interesting. When I spoke with the manager at the Philly office she said they couldn't do fingerprints for AP. So confusing. Guess I'll be waiting for another appointment letter! 

2 hours ago, fromsweden said:

We were ok without it.

My wife just got back from doing her biometrics.

They did ask for our marriage certificate, because she is changing her last name to be hyphenated. So they wanted to know what the "other" last name was (mine), that she had listed on the USCIS notice.

We also brought our original AP notice from March to attempt to see if they would take them for us as well. Site manager said that we should just wait for another notice or they might apply them automatically. They wouldnt take them for her. So i guess it is at each officers discretion. Anyway, good to be done with this set of biometrics and hoping they just apply the ones we took today to the AP.

I would suggestion if you have your documents in like a 7-sleeve portfolio to just bring the whole thing, you never know what they will ask. They asked for marriage certificate which we werent expecting, but was able to pull it out at moments notice and things kept moving smoothly, no hiccups.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Just received 3 letters from USCIS, not biometric appointments tho.. They are 3 new receipt notices for AOS EAD and advanced parole even tho I already got receipt notices months ago when I applied in February, the received date is still February 24th 🙂

2 minutes ago, O.. said:

Just received 3 letters from USCIS, not biometric appointments tho.. They are 3 new receipt notices for AOS EAD and advanced parole even tho I already got receipt notices months ago when I applied in February, the received date is still February 24th 🙂

lol USCIS doing extra service by sending duplicate notices i suppose

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, James120383 said:

lol USCIS doing extra service by sending duplicate notices i suppose

They might be saying that your process starts from now on.... What a mess. They must be so overloaded with work or the administration isn't letting them do what they have always done. I've never seen it like this.

I had my biometrics at 9:00 AM today.

I changed my name so they ask me for my marriage certificate to be sure, I didn’t have it with me but the officer looked at my visa (K1 holder) and then he asked me my husband name then he say ok everything’s fine cause u have his name in your visa. Everything went well and fast I think 10 minutes. 

My question... I’m 6 months today since my AP and EAD was received, should I call for an expedite or just wait, even more? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Maria&Wirbir said:

I had my biometrics at 9:00 AM today.

I changed my name so they ask me for my marriage certificate to be sure, I didn’t have it with me but the officer looked at my visa (K1 holder) and then he asked me my husband name then he say ok everything’s fine cause u have his name in your visa. Everything went well and fast I think 10 minutes. 

My question... I’m 6 months today since my AP and EAD was received, should I call for an expedite or just wait, even more? 

If you have a reason to expedite go for it, if expedite still has a meaning in this whole process.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, MelOe said:

Guys, another small update from me :)

my biometrics was on the 11th in Atlanta. The notice was only for AOS and EAD so I was concerned that I would have to go another time for AP at some point in the future. I know there are others here in the same situation, so I wanted to share my update to give you some good news:

two days ago my status said "ready to schedule interview" for AOS, "card being produced for EAD, "case received" for AP

but yesterday evening there was an update, EAD and AP both now say "approved", so apparently no second biometrics appointment necessary after all. I'll keep you posted on how long it will take until I actually get the combo card, under the current circumstances I'm not holding my breath.

I do realize how lucky I was to get the biometrics appointment and now the approval when so many here still haven't had any news whatsoever! I'm really hoping you guys will hear something soon, and that the furlough won't happen!

I feel likes immigration officers at USCIS flip coins to select applications and petitions. 🤣

I went to my biometric appointment on 11th, so I was waiting whole today for the text and email notification of EAD approval. 

Seems like I may spend the whole my time just for HUCA tomorrow. 

AOS                                                                                            ROC

02/20/2020 - AOS package sent to USCIS                          03/31/2023 ROC Package sent to USCIS
02/22/2020 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox      04/03/2023 Package delivered in Carol Stream Lockbox
03/12/2020 - Text notifications received                            04/06/2023 Text notifications received
03/16/2020 - Received NOAs in the mail

05/29/2020 - Received I-693 courtesy letter

08/11/2020 - Completed biometrics appointment

08/25/2020 - EAD card production ordered

06/29/2021 I-485 Interview in New York, NY

06/29/2021 I-485 Approved

I was talking to the supervisor officer again today. No help and no rescheduling of biometrics.  They are scheduling everyone in the queue depends on the facility, but if somebody's appointment was canceled then this person not in queue anymore. This person has to wait on a free spot to be scheduled, but they are working in a limited capacity, it is hard to have a free spot, especially in busy locations as Chicago. So it might take a really long time because we are not at the end of the line, we are out of the line, and just waiting when the line will disappear to be accepted.
I wonder how somebody who plays with people lives in this way sleep at night. Where are justice and equal rights?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loveusafreedom said:

I was talking to the supervisor officer again today. No help and no rescheduling of biometrics.  They are scheduling everyone in the queue depends on the facility, but if somebody's appointment was canceled then this person not in queue anymore. This person has to wait on a free spot to be scheduled, but they are working in a limited capacity, it is hard to have a free spot, especially in busy locations as Chicago. So it might take a really long time because we are not at the end of the line, we are out of the line, and just waiting when the line will disappear to be accepted.
I wonder how somebody who plays with people lives in this way sleep at night. Where are justice and equal rights?

Wait for real? What the -- How is that possible? 

I think my ASC isn't very busy, so I guess that would explain how I still haven't been rescheduled...

They are working in a limited capacity and wear spacesuits in the ACS in Chicago. Places where people life depends not working properly because of COVID, but malls, restaurants full of people like there no virus. Especially in Chicago where everything indoor is open and packed with people, but outdoor is closed because it can make a bad picture on TV. There is a virus but they do not protect people, by helping them, making life easy outside. They close or limited national parks, beaches, and locations where people's life depend. Where people can be outside and live a life with a minimum chance to get a virus, but open malls and people have only one option to have fun, be inside and get a virus,.  Why they can't make ACS work outside on the parking lot? 

Edited by Loveusafreedom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.