Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Manuel94 said:

It should say it on your receipt notice for I-765, at the top if I’m not wrong. It’s usually NBC for everyone

edit: it’s at the bottom of the form

thank you!
You're right yes it is NBC.

how is this happening I don't understand. I hope they schedule interviews ASAP. How and for how long are people supposed to survive during this times without work

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Basil123 said:

Seriously. For my local field office it says it adjudicates I-485 (FB) in 11-28 months or sth. 😅

Right. I think mine is 9 months and something. I didn’t even care about my green card, I was fine with it taking over a year as long as I could work 😂

I also didn’t even know uscis had such backlog with EADs..

43 minutes ago, Manuel94 said:

Because of the 700% increase in processing times for our EADs, I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 officer, she confirmed the new time ranges are correct, and then she offered to expedite my case, but I reminded her that without biometrics I’m not eligible to have my case expedited, she agreed. Then she opened this Biometrics/Fingerprints case inquiry to the NBC: “As of August 20, 2020, your Fingerprints/Biometrics, referral number WKD23320*****MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.” , which is different from the first case inquiry I made on May 26th named ‘Other Tier 1,’ and the case number started with a T1 instead of WKD. Do you guys think this new case inquiry will make things go faster or it will be useless like my first one?  Anyone has a similar case inquiry directly to the National Benefits Center (NBC)? 

Lets hope so. i have had enquiries with T1,WKD,SR and now a T1B1 with  the message below 

On August XX, 2020, your Fingerprints/Biometrics, referral number T1B was assigned to an officer for response.

I honestly dont expect anything more that the message below

Your ASC was open on Blah Blah 2020 and you need to wait 90 days before an enquiry again. 

Iam like what if you get Furlough and USCIS is closed by the guy in the white house..

They are like: we have no idea but we can only read like monkeys from the pre printed message. Sorry cant be of help. i stopped calling them.

duh

Hello, I've been following this thread closely for updates. I'm an early March filer for I-765 and completed my biometrics last week (I do not have prior approval of I-765). My case status JUST changed from "Finger prints have been applied to your case" to "New card is being produced". Does that still mean that I will receive an I-797C notification confirming approval? This update came today i.e. 20-Aug and is therefore still under the new I-9 guidelines that allow people to work with an approval notice. In that case can I call tomorrow at the USCIS number and ask them to give me a scanned copy of the approval and be able to join back work immediately? Or do i need to wait for my physical card? I've been on unpaid leave for the last 3 months so I'm desperate to join back work immediately. 

2 minutes ago, GG10 said:

Hello, I've been following this thread closely for updates. I'm an early March filer for I-765 and completed my biometrics last week (I do not have prior approval of I-765). My case status JUST changed from "Finger prints have been applied to your case" to "New card is being produced". Does that still mean that I will receive an I-797C notification confirming approval? This update came today i.e. 20-Aug and is therefore still under the new I-9 guidelines that allow people to work with an approval notice. In that case can I call tomorrow at the USCIS number and ask them to give me a scanned copy of the approval and be able to join back work immediately? Or do i need to wait for my physical card? I've been on unpaid leave for the last 3 months so I'm desperate to join back work immediately. 

yes you can work if you have another List B document  your EAD approval is only a List C document. You need both List B and List C document to work 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

duh

11 minutes ago, James120383 said:

yes you can work if you have another List B document  your EAD approval is only a List C document. You need both List B and List C document to work 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

Sorry for confirming again but I don't have a formal approval or I-797C document, so can I get that by calling USCIS call center tomorrow morning? Do tier 1 officers have access to it?

Also, I have a state driver's license but that has expired again with DMV slowdown. Will that still qualify as a list B document?

20 minutes ago, GG10 said:

Sorry for confirming again but I don't have a formal approval or I-797C document, so can I get that by calling USCIS call center tomorrow morning? Do tier 1 officers have access to it?

Also, I have a state driver's license but that has expired again with DMV slowdown. Will that still qualify as a list B document?

yes with a drivers license ( doesnt matter if its expired) and approval notice you should be able to work 

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
21 minutes ago, GG10 said:

thank you gave me hopeI also am hoping for this! I also did my Biometrics last week and I really hope they aprove my EAD card today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, B3M said:

thank you gave me hopeI also am hoping for this! I also did my Biometrics last week and I really hope they aprove my EAD card today

I hope so for you! I feel like they aren’t going to approve mine since my interview is in less than a month 😶

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

Right. I think mine is 9 months and something. I didn’t even care about my green card, I was fine with it taking over a year as long as I could work 😂

I also didn’t even know uscis had such backlog with EADs..

I also don't get how the backlog can be this bad, especially if every other kind of EAD application & every other service center only needs 2-5 months.... hard not to turn into a low-key conspiracy theorist haha

1 hour ago, Manuel94 said:

Because of the 700% increase in processing times for our EADs, I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 officer, she confirmed the new time ranges are correct, and then she offered to expedite my case, but I reminded her that without biometrics I’m not eligible to have my case expedited, she agreed. Then she opened this Biometrics/Fingerprints case inquiry to the NBC: “As of August 20, 2020, your Fingerprints/Biometrics, referral number WKD23320*****MSC, is currently not assigned for processing.” , which is different from the first case inquiry I made on May 26th named ‘Other Tier 1,’ and the case number started with a T1 instead of WKD. Do you guys think this new case inquiry will make things go faster or it will be useless like my first one?  Anyone has a similar case inquiry directly to the National Benefits Center (NBC)? 

you can still try to expedite without biometric, I request expedite request without biometric and USCIS granted the request and approved my I765 on July  

1 hour ago, Manuel94 said:

Because of the 700% increase in processing times for our EADs, I just got off the phone with a Tier 2 officer, she confirmed the new time ranges are correct.

My take on this is if that is correct, they are going to be rid of I-765 EAD. Seeing as the normal processing time for I-130 and I-485 is now faster according to USCIS processing times, the EAD will become obsolete. They could be trying remove a lot of processing time that goes hand in hand with the I-765. And lets face it - the EAD's only real process is biometrics and a background check - hardly 28 to 37 months of work...but given the volume of I-765 applicants, that is a lot of paper pushing. I am sure there are several thousand USCIS employees working just on I-765's. With the furloughs, that is an 'easy' cut. Not good for us but probably what they are looking at.

Or it could have a political motive at this current time - they could be trying to follow the line "why should someone work when they have not yet been approved to be a resident". Wrong but possible.....

Either way, we know and we have seen that you generally get a different story depending which 'Tier 2" you talk to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.