Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
15 minutes ago, LilyKins said:

Congratulations on the interview! You probably posted about it earlier and I missed it -- theres sometimes so many posts to read through all at once if you aren't able to check for a day or two.

Best of luck to you two!!! ❤️

Ah thank you so much!! Its completely fine, I didn't post in this topic before because im a March filer and I didn't want to upset anyone with my news.

40 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

Im not good at this lol. I thought sometimes or normally you get this stamp which would allow you to work until you have the Greencard in hand.

Does this mean you also still need the EAD? I thought the EAD was in the meantime until the Greencard was approved?

I think USCIS stopped doing the stamp for work permit sadly, you have to either get EAD or green card to work

5 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

Ah thank you so much!! Its completely fine, I didn't post in this topic before because im a March filer and I didn't want to upset anyone with my news.

Aww, well nobody is upset here -- I think I speak collectively when I say we're happy to see others finding success in this process :)

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, amyS said:

I think USCIS stopped doing the stamp for work permit sadly, you have to either get EAD or green card to work

Ugh thats annoying. Do they print green cards quickly after the interview? I thought I read somewhere it had to be sent in 10 days?

Timeline
1 minute ago, amyS said:

not sure about timeline, right now everything is very very slow

Ugh I was happy to get the interview soon so I could start working lol. But guess it doesn't do much anyways.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Recheduled bio arrived today ...original was for 03/18...ead/ap approved 07/07 ....bio rescheduled for 09/04 st. Louis No asc..lets hope the offices remain open so i can finally get this card. 

Edited by NKDL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, NKDL said:

Recheduled bio arrived today ...original was for 03/18...ead/ap approved 07/07 ....bio rescheduled for 09/04...lets hope the offices remain open so i can finally get this card. 

You probably know this but you know you don't need the card to start working right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, fromsweden said:

You probably know this but you know you don't need the card to start working right?

Yeah but the approval is a list c item right and you also need a list b item from what I read...which i dont have. I cant even be put on my husbands account without photo id in my married name despite the fact I have ssn in married name and our marriage certificate. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, NKDL said:

Yeah but the approval is a list c item right and you also need a list b item from what I read...which i dont have. I cant even be put on my husbands account without photo id in my married name despite the fact I have ssn in married name and our marriage certificate. 

:( that sucks i'm sorry

Sigh.

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.