Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone posted on reddit but I wonder if it’s just coincidental and maybe their biometrics was just on their way to be rescheduled regardless of whether they sent the rescheduling request or not. At this point I’m willing to try anything.

“My mother had her original biometrics March 18th but the ASC was closed, ofc. Our ASC reopened July 20th. We had an interaction with a USCIS employee who advised us to check the reschedule box on the original letter and send that requesting for her appointment to be rescheduled, he said That’d guarantee she’d be rescheduled right away. We sent the reschedule request exactly a week ago and today when we called USCIS they said her appointment was scheduled and a letter sent out yesterday. Her appointment is in 2 weeks from now.”

Edited by mat2291

11 minutes ago, TDB said:

I just spoke to a tier 1 rep. They told me I had been placed in the "rescheduling queue" for biometrics and to call back if I haven't heard within 30 days of my ASC reopening. They would then escalate it.

They also told me I would not receive my EAD despite being approved until I have completed the biometrics - directly in contrast to the tier 1 rep I spoke to on Tuesday who said I would receive it within 60 days.

I want to believe the rep from Tuesday but I fear the one today might be more accurate...

When you ask them, please use your AOS ticket (provided you have one). Do not use your EAD ticket as you will get (most likely) "biometric is not needed" answer which is not true

1 minute ago, MIBogdan said:

Actual date is not visible in their system. You will get mail within appx. a week and then you will know the date. Normally it is 2.5 weeks from the day the scheduling happened - July 28 in your case. I had same experience 

Did they tell you the same thing and actually got a mail? Haha. Sorry, I’m just worried that what she told me is just somehow a generic response, even though she mentioned a date lol. I probably sound silly but I’m just so anxious! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond though. I appreciate it! 

5 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Did they tell you the same thing and actually got a mail? Haha. Sorry, I’m just worried that what she told me is just somehow a generic response, even though she mentioned a date lol. I probably sound silly but I’m just so anxious! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond though. I appreciate it! 

Yeah that is what happened to me. I was bugging them via Emma chat from time to time - always Tier 1, never a Tier 2 - and they were telling me it is not scheduled yet. Then unexpectedly they told me it was scheduled on July 17. Actual mail arrived July 24, appointment is on August 5. But as I posted earlier - be careful with what you get in the mail! Check for what case you have an invite for: I got it for AOS + EAD, but my friend got it for AP! His EAD+AOS biometrics invite arrived later, for a date that is almost two weeks away from the AP one 

Edited by MIBogdan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mat2291 said:

Someone posted on reddit but I wonder if it’s just coincidental and maybe their biometrics was just on their way to be rescheduled regardless of whether they sent the rescheduling request or not. At this point I’m willing to try anything.

My mother had her original biometrics March 18th but the ASC was closed, ofc. Our ASC reopened July 20th. We had an interaction with a USCIS employee who advised us to check the reschedule box on the original letter and send that requesting for her appointment to be rescheduled, he said That’d guarantee she’d be rescheduled right away. We sent the reschedule request exactly a week ago and today when we called USCIS they said her appointment was scheduled and a letter sent out yesterday. Her appointment is in 2 weeks from now.

I saw that post and debated trying the same thing. My concern is that in-between sending the old appointment letter back and them receiving it, they will reschedule me anyway and then when they will receive the old appointment letter, will reschedule again.

4 minutes ago, MIBogdan said:

Yeah that is what happened to me. I was bugging them via Emma chat from time to time - always Tier 1, never a Tier 2 - and they were telling me it is not scheduled yet. Then unexpectedly they told me it was scheduled on July 17. Actual mail arrived July 24, appointment is on August 5

Wow! Thanks for letting me know. This helps a lot. I worry about everything now and after reading posts here, it’s hard to tell if it’s just a scripted answer or not. Thank you so much again. And congratulations on getting yours scheduled too!

Edit: Just saw your edited post. I saw a Facebook post of someone who recently had her biometrics. She brought both biometrics appointment letters and asked why she got two. The person she talked to told her that they’ll just do both on the same day to save her a trip

Edited by chxakx

2 hours ago, LilyKins said:

I think I'm the only Pittsburgh filer here, but someone on Reddit posted this morning that they've received their rescheduled appointment at the Pittsburgh ASC. Hopefully our biometrics appointment is coming soon!

Update on the Reddit PGH filer -- their priority date was April 09 and it is marriage-based AOS.. so definitely not rescheduling in order, given that my PD is 02/26 and I haven't heard a peep 😕

02/22/20 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

02/25/20 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

03/17/20 -- Cheques cashed and text messages received

03/20/20 -- Received NOAs in the mail (I-130/I-486/I-765/I-131)

05/04/20 -- Received I-693 courtesy letter

10/11/20 -- Received biometrics notice (finally! Yay!)

10/21/20 -- Biometrics (I485/I765 Code 3, I-131 Code 2 in Hartford, CT)

10/23/20 -- Biometrics applied to all cases (I-485/I-765/I-131)

10/27/20 -- Case ready to be scheduled for an interview (location unknown 😅)

11/12/20 -- Second biometrics appointment (I-131, Code 2, in Pittsburgh, PA)

01/20/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Submitted

01/29/21 -- I-765 Expedite Request Approved

02/01/21 -- I-765/I-131 Approved

02/16/21 -- Interview was Scheduled

02/17/21 -- Interview confirmed to be scheduled at the wrong FO, request to reschedule interview initiated

03/16/21 -- Interview cancelled, entered into scheduling queue for the correct FO

05/14/21 -- Interview rescheduled

06/25/21 -- Interview completed in Pittsburgh, approved on the spot 🙏❤️ 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Alrighty, just called again with help from my husband. Waiting for the tier 2 rep to call back (wait time 1,673 minutes haha). 

I'll basically ask the usual questions, but if anybody has specific advice as to what seemed to be successful for them, let me know:) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Question: when you are rescheduled for biometrics, will you be notified in case status, or do you need to chat with an agent to find out? I didn't see the status change when I got my first appointment so I didn't think so, but I see there is someone who has it on the March 2020 thread...

image.png.52aec0eb201235ce5fac1d42bb71d60b.png

Edited by fromsweden

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, fromsweden said:

This is very interesting, thank you. Good to see there are those without biometrics in the class.

I think the most obvious and easiest thing for USCIS to do is to temporarily allow the approval document to serve as an official employment document. I can't see a compelling reason why they can't do that. The employer will not do this for fear of prosecution, but if USCIS relaxes the rule (at least for now), it will ameliorate the issue.

Yes, this would of course be the simple, practical thing to do! I was just coming with suggestions which would allow them to follow their own (often unnecessary) rules AND keeping everyone safe.

Many ways to fix this, and a few ways they can make it even worse. Let's see how they proceed! 😕

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just talked to Emma chat to see if we've been rescheduled yet. Of course the answer is no. But the first answer is still "It looks like the biometrics will not be needed. It appears the case was approved on 07/16/2020.". 

This really makes me think we are in some weird purgatory of never getting an appointment. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, fromsweden said:

Question: when you are rescheduled for biometrics, will you be notified in case status, or do you need to chat with an agent to find out? I didn't see the status change when I got my first appointment so I didn't think so, but I see there is someone who has it on the March 2020 thread...

image.png.52aec0eb201235ce5fac1d42bb71d60b.png

They definitely didn’t do this before so it must be a new process post re-opening. My best guess is that they did this to probably lessen the calls they’ve been getting since they want to go full bureaucratic... oh, sorry, did I say bureaucratic? I meant to say automated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.